Maserati Khamsin | Page 307 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Richard, all,

Glad you enjoyed Modena but if you had let me know some time in advance I could have arranged for you to see two other K's. A few years ago for a big birthday for another Khamsin owner his wife and I secretly arranged surprise factory and Panini museum visits for him, amongst other things: that was fun:)

Let's keep this KHAMSIN thread on topic please new model discussion is not.

Since I am on my first holiday in a long time this week I will aim to post photos and info on K's I have seen this year, the highlight being five of them at McGraths April 24, none of which I had seen before and two of which I was unaware of, a huge day:)

010 likes this.
  2. maskham

maskham Rookie

Aug 30, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lucas
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Lucas,
    Danke for posting yes that is 032 which was in the due mille ruote RM auction near Milan November 27, 2016. It was silver then and had its identity tampered with by the thief from whom it was seized so RM paid me to figure out which it was with Fabio Collina of Maserati Classiche but it wasn't very difficult as it had engine 032 and there was oro kelso under the silver repaint. It was bought by a German doctor who had some work done on it and had it repainted back to its original color. It is interesting being a early non vented nose. Oro kelso was the color of my car (1242) and I will always be fond of it but my favorites would be fly yellow, verde pino or light blue.

Hope you are enjoying 160 in the beautiful weather:)

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    After you determined that it was 032, what was done with the VIN stamped on the chassis? Was the chassis re-stamped 032?

Ivan

5. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Marc,
    A thought, not sure if you’re aware the Ivan has put together info/dossier on the Ghibli and Bora. Maybe a collaborative effort on the Khamsin?

6. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    +1 You guys need to pool all this Khamsin knowledge into a comprehensive "Khamsin - Guide to Authenticity". Mike D can write the chapter on USA bumpers :)

Ivan

7. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    If only there was someone on this thread that was a published writer that was into Khamsins.

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hm what who err? :)

In all seriousness even though I am more of a historian and driver than workshop person I am willing to do it but I have too much work scheduled this year so it will have to wait if little me is to be involved. I think Ivan should lead that effort if he is willing - hint hint nudge nudge- and I will add what I can.

The good news is I am ready to start posting on the five cars I saw at McGraths in April. Will do so later today.

9. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thank you and Sorry Marc. My plans were dynamic so I could not peg down a specific day. I did think about reaching out earlier... It then even those plans changed as I was with my and another family. All in all a great trip... Next one I will certainly let you know
    Gratzi!
    r

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Nembo1777 likes this.
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery

11. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Ps... Marc... That is NOT light blue... It is a Chiarro Celeste. (With a smile).. but yes good taste in favourites.
    r

12. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    An overall collaborative effort using Ivan’s Ghibli and Bora dossiers as a template, one would assume Marc would be able supply photos of original condition cars. Maybe input from quality Restoration shops that have done multiple Khamsins, McGraths, Campana, Candini etc. many in this group have good relationships with SpA (Fabio and Cozza). There are a lot of possibilities.

13. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Hi Marc,

I am correct to assume that the thief tampered with the chassis number or was the tampering only done on paper? If the car's numbers were physically altered, I am still curious as to what was done with the chassis stampings once the car's true identity was discovered. Is it legal to re-stamp a chassis number?

Ivan

14. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Agreed that a collaborative effort is the best approach, but you still need a single point of contact to pull it all together. Are you volunteering? I've already done two so I'll let someone else take the lead on this one.

Ivan

15. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Maybe, have some thoughts on it. Forewarned in that I have a tendency to think in grander terms. Right now i’m Finishing up the next issue of the ISO Bizzarrini Owners Club - Griffon. I’m probably one of the longer term Khamsin owner, or shorter term if you exclude restoration time.

16. maskham

maskham Rookie

Aug 30, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I do :)

Interesting that this is 032 as I saw it in Milan in the auction and took some pictures, here the auction result then (well it should have been AM120):
    Lot 544 1975 Maserati Khamsin (ENGINE NO. AM115 10/49 0032) €112,000.00 Sold

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi all,

Ivan the car had been tampered with you can see the false chassis number stamped on a photo in this link.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/tv16/duemila-ruote/lots/r1334-1975-maserati-khamsin/406044

As mentioned Fabio and I figured out which car it was (the real 096 was in Vienna) then Adolfo did the legal legwork with Italian administration. I am not sure what the physical state of the stampings is now but the car has a proper German title.

Another K the black one that was at Beverly Hills car club for many months was however a car that Fabio said Maserati could no longer legally recognize at it had ALL of its identity stamping s removed, ground off. It was still sold somehow not sure of its status now...

-Regarding producing an elaborate document (like you did for other models) I don't have time this year as I am buried in work. There is however a new Maserati book being worked on by yours truly but it is not official yet, the few who know about it are asked not to mention it.

-Richard I am sure you will do Modena again let me know ahead of time but the dates must be precisely known in advance.

-Lucas thanks for the data, I was recently in your part of the world at Garage Limacher in May and we drove up into the hills with a yellow Ghibli for some photos then we went to Burgenstock which surely has the best view ever of the mountains and lakes.

Best regards,

Marc

18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  19. richjar

richjar Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    Hello All,
    Hope you are all well??
    Its been a whilst since I last logged on...

I have a little problem which I am finding difficult to resolve...
    My LHM head light switch has a leak which I cant seem to stop. It has reduced to a small seep now with new seals in.

Has anyone else had this problem, are there any spare parts available. The part number is Bosch 0 523 200 052.
    Is there anywhere which can overhaul and test these switches?
    Thanks all
    Rich
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. khamsin433

khamsin433 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2009
    Birmingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Balbir
    Hey Richard,

Only guys I know are pleiades, try googling pleiades citroen uk to see current contact details. They may be able to help.

Bal

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  22. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    ..and Maurice in New Zealand. Google Hydraulics and Maurice and New Zealand.. works through eBay as well if I recall
    Good luck. He fixed my issues a couple years back.
    Richard

23. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Owners of Original Khamsins, looking for info on the correct color of the grills in the hood, black satin or gloss, or is it a charcoal gray metallic?

24. am117au

am117au Karting

Apr 22, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg G
    Maurice's email. [email protected]
    A pleasure to deal with ,will not leave you disappointed..
    Greg

010 likes this.