Corso Pilota (Ferrari sport course) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Corso Pilota (Ferrari sport course)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by pkracing, Jul 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkTodd

MarkTodd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have done all 4 Corso Pilota, finished with the Challenge course last October. All of them in Italy, and I would do them all again in a minute. I've done Porsche, Skip Barber, driving/racing schools and the level of instruction at Ferrari is head and shoulders above any racing school I've attended. From the very first Corso Pilota the instructors are very experienced racers. You will learn how to drive an Fcar at its limits and build a very good understanding of car control. The Advanced and Evolution continue to build on top of the Sport course. I highly recommend!!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    Thanks Mark. Although you’ve done them in Italy and thus can’t really answer about the Stateside ones, do you recommend doing them in Italy or do you think it’s not that different...?

3. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Heading to Monticello for pilota evoluzione
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/index.php?threads/Heading-to-Monticello-for-pilota-evoluzione.603080/

I find it very instructor dependent.
    Also, the better skilled the group the faster and more fun. So, group level is also important.

State drivers are better in general than ones in Asia so Monticello was far better or beyond comparison than China courses.

As for Italy, I would expect more than stateside as well since, well, it is Italy and the drivers over there I hear are crazy as hell :)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MarkTodd likes this.
  4. MarkTodd

MarkTodd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It was an awesome experience getting to take the Sport and the Evolution at Fiorano the Ferrari test track in Italy, but from what I was told the courses in the US are now managed by the same Ferrari team as in Italy. A lot of the instructors travel working in Italy, America, and Asia. I won't hesitate to take the course here or in Canada.

Caeruleus11 and Zombies like this.