Heresy... | FerrariChat

Heresy...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by vincenzo, Jul 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    More HP
    Lower purchase price
    Lower running costs
    EZ to get serviced
    Exotic looks
    Modern comforts
    Modern convenience

2020 production is essentially sold out - in just a matter of days.

Prediction: Testarossa resale prices will suffer.... greatly

Tell me I’m wrong!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I predict we will see a ton of C8's. Only a matter of time before someone makes a Ferrari body kit for it.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

3. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    But I don't think that the Testarossa will suffer, they are two very different cars.

Smiles, sherrillt and bpu699 like this.
  4. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It’s not a Ferrari and it never will be. The folks that can afford a Ferrari will pick a Ferrari over a corvette any day. The build quality with all of the cheap materials is why it is so cheap. The car exudes this cheap feel. I know because I just sold one. I enjoyed it and yes it is fast but I want a Ferrari or Lamborghini. No high production vehicle like that will ever be special no matter how much lipstick you put on it.

RSQP, JimEakin and peteficarra like this.
  5. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    The quality should be improving this time around. But you are right, it won't be as special. But the thing is, the C8 probably wasn't made for the Ferrari guys. It's for the normal people who can't afford a car in the 6 figures. These will sell, and I can't wait until they become super cheap used. I'll take mine in grey over red so it matches my Testarossa. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    No manual box. No 12 cylinder sound. Yawn. No thanks.

turbo-joe and Zeff like this.
  7. TRCo

TRCo Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I can't see why it would impact the values. You buy a Testarossa because you love the car and everything about it. If you want a modern fast car there are plenty to choose from.

8. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    AND they'll slap together more 'Vettes each week than the whole of the Testarossa-F512M run, and continue to spit them out for years. The Ferrari, notsomuch.

BOKE likes this.
  9. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Listen, if the values do drop I’ll just start buying as many as I can afford then. Works for me. But I know for sure that won’t happen. Just saying I would. I’d like to buy another one
    You got that right. The testarossa is after all an iconic car that will go down in history as being on of the great Ferrari’s in my opinion. Nothing can take away from that.

peteficarra and turbo-joe like this.
  10. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The corvette has been a better car than a TR since the C5. This is even better still. It wont affect our niche car one way or the other

sherrillt likes this.
  11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    nice car, at end of the day its a corvette not an itilain exotic,nothing wrong with a vette but it will never be a ferrari

Zeff and turbo-joe like this.
  12. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    whats the actual drive experience going to be like. Pretty much all moderns are a synthesized experince, the only question is degree. An older ferrari is something completly different.

turbo-joe and Zeff like this.
  13. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Yeah...

but I get so tired of having to double clutch all the time.

;)

14. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    You know how some guys like blondes with augmented breasts?

And some guys like red heads?

And some guy like the librarian type?

Others like the slut? Some the virgin?

Some guys yearn for the elderly obese chick... which I never understood.

Cars are like that. You want a Ferrari because you WANT a Ferrari...

The guy buying the new Vette isn’t cross shopping a testarossa, anymore than the high school French teacher with her eye on a student is considering the octagenerian down the hall...

Heart wants what the heart wants...

sherrillt, Parnelli and turbo-joe like this.
  15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    In general I agree with you. However some of us like all cool cars, each has its thing, the heart is pulled in many directions. Bearing in mind no one has driven one yet, the new vette seems one of the few exciting new cars to come along, and for various reasons, because maybe it does all the things thise otehr bland moderns do, just as well and for a lot less. All of which is to say I really like the older cars for their immersive experince, somehgitng moderns simply and sadly have lost. Yet its also true that we all or nearly all of us want to know how this new vette runs, because if moderns are a fact of life this is maybe the smart choice.

In general moderns are too heavy, too easy and too bland, too synthesized, relying on sheer velocity/hp as a substitute for their tactile shortcomings. So if you're going to get/try a modern, why spend all that $$$ om a ferrari thats not really that different to any number of other moderns, might as well get a vette and save the $$$ for some other older cars too.

turbo-joe and xplodee like this.
  16. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #16 xplodee, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    As said above, many people like all cars. I don’t need an F badge to define me. I like the TR because I like the TR, and many other ferraris. But I have also owned other cars and hope to have many more as well. Right now I have the TR as my sole sports car (aside from wife’s M4), but I’d at a vette to the stable, or a Lambo, or a whatever.

You never know if you don’t try it...

boxerman and turbo-joe like this.
  17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I would say since the c4 honestly

Jakuzzi, xplodee and sherrillt like this.
  18. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
  19. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    No. Look, I’m a fan of the new corvette but its not the same animal. Many Ferrari owners will have a new corvette. Few new Corvette owners will have a ferrari.

Besides, the 458 makes more power and has a screaming flat-plane V8

shashi27 and peteficarra like this.
  20. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  21. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    This is the ‘introduction’ year. Once they ramp up, higher HP options will become available.

The current ZR1 offers 755HP.

Picture THAT in a C8!

22. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Of course! But not for $60k. Price will go up along with power.

vincenzo likes this.
  23. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Truth be known... I can drive the snot out of a vette. Thrash it like a stolen horse. Beat the H out of it and never look back.

Never felt comfortable doing that in a Fcar. They are too fragile and stupid expensive to fix.

I’d cry if the Testarossa was stuffed into a wall. Vette? Go down to the chevy dealer and get another!

Never felt comfortable leaving a Fcar unattended in a parking lot. Never let it sit out in the Nevada sun. Vette? No problem. Bake away!

The C8 would make a sweet ride for daily use.

The only downside is trying to keep a license!

24. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I so agree. You nailed it. Although I do thrash my TR and do so to any sportscar I own.

25. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Your wrong I think. Im on the order list for one. The build quality and carbon fiber is awesome. Much higher tech. It has a front end lift that you can tap at any location and the gps remembers to lift the front in case you forget. I dont think it will affect TR cars because we are vintage owners. It will affect new purchases on Ferrari, Lamborghini and McClaren. So I agree and disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app