Orange Warning Triangle ... System Not Programmed | FerrariChat

Orange Warning Triangle ... System Not Programmed

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by naford, Jul 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. naford

naford Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Hi all ... today took the car out ... and for first time ever, when put the key in the ignition and pre starting the car got an orange warning triangle come up in the place where Door Open in a red box normally appears, when the doors open obviously ... drove the car ... all absolutely fine . The warning stayed on all way home in the left hand side screen.

Since then ... started the car 2 times and no warning sign ... no "System Not Programmed" comment.

One off since owning it ... just a blip or does anyone else know if this is the start of something ?

Thanks for any help you can offer ...

2. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    My 360 Ferrari got this when the battery is low. these old Ferrari's use a flash card which need battery power to keep the program so the car handles correctly. The dealer told me the car drives totally differently and not good when you start the car. There is a way to reset the car so it is safer to drive but not as good as Ferrari's normally do. I think I remember but it is best to call your dealer. I am not sure about the 430 or 458. I never got this message with mine. Maybe they updated th a chip.

Good luck

Lee

3. naford

naford Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Lee ... very kind to take the time to reply ... I'll double check with the retailer.

Neil.

4. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Might just be a blip due to the battery not being 101% charged.

I would recommend always keeping her on tender in the garage even for short
    periods of time so as to not have any electronic glitches.

best

Melvok likes this.
  5. naford

naford Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I normally do ... but last 3 days not, so maybe that was the issue ... Thanks 458 trofeo !

Will be more diligent in future.

Regards,

6. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    aha! she was not kept warm at night and giving you payback ;)

7. 707

707 Karting

May 29, 2014
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think i got the message when i drove my car one time. Was the weather cold outside? Other online forums indicate to turn car off and turn it back on. I think it has something to do with the car didn't have enough time to load the program before the checking started. I didn't feel any driving difference after turning it back on (light was gone). I assumed it was character the car was showing =). ofcourse you can bring it to the dealer if you want.

8. naford

naford Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Actually wasn't cold for a change ... Living in England normally answer would be yes but we appear to be having a summer this time around so 24 degrees (centigrade lol) ... But like you say I did think it may be ferrari character too lol ... Thanks ! N

9. 707

707 Karting

May 29, 2014
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sorry i kind of remembered more. I think i read somewhere, don't remember where. It said it may had to do with turning on the car (key) and pressing start (steering wheel) right away. Give it a couple seconds to make sure all the checks are performed.

10. naford

naford Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Argh ... that may well be spot on as normally ... I get her out the garage and the procedure allow more time ... but I'd just filler her up with fuel, so jumped in and key in and started her probably quicker than usual ... so that could be it ! I'll be more patient !

N.

11. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Resurrecting this thread from the dead. Today I ran into this with my 2015 California T. I got the same error message and a black infotainment screen. Like others mentioned, I think this happened due to 1.) pressing the start button too quickly, and/or 2.) the passenger door being open when I started the ignition.

12. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
    Disconnect the battery and follow up restart procedure as per manual.

Melvok likes this.
  13. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I just got the same error message too. It was definitely from starting the car too quick before letting all the systems check. Re-started properly and warning was gone.

14. Mark Giordmaina

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi I just got this alarm yesterday after replacing the passenger side seat. To be honest i’m Having a whole lot of errors as I was doing some major works on the car - I had all the dash off to do some carbon work and plenums off for powder coating - works were done with battery disconnected only turning the key occasionally to check something . After works completed I have epb error, avh error, manettino failure, cvt error, e-diff error and now this. Tried restart procedure a couple of times but so far no success - I believe battery could be due for replacement too and probably needs a dealer re-start. Any help appreciated

15. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    My 488 (purchased new so I am the only owner that starts the car in the same manner every time) has done this two times in the past year. I always keep the car on a trickle charge battery tender.

In both instances, upon the next engine start the icon light did not return. Later when I took the car to the dealership, both times the Leonardo did not detect any codes by any of the many ECUs on the car.

Consider this a (perhaps annoying to some) quick of the Prancing Horse. If any single ECU does not detect exactly the input voltage it is expecting from one of the end devices it is monitoring, that triangular icon comes on. If it extinguishes itself, keep driving and be happy.

16. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    My 2019 Pista had done this twice so far. Both times started right after removing from battery tender, which read full

Melvok likes this.
  17. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Not to worry if after restart all is O.K. again.

In 458, a normal AGM battery works fine p to 3 years if always connected to a tender.

There are many threads about exchanging batteries, very simple job … see my YOLO thread if info is needed.