Here's a 328 you haven't seen before! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Here's a 328 you haven't seen before!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Bob Zambelli, Jul 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I just missed seeing this car in San Antonio a couple of months ago. I like it.

2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Bacchelli & Villa is an excellent body shop, top level. But they cannot produce any Ferrari new model, despite the "owner" is very close to Ferrari family

ciao

3. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Think you nailed it with platypus, but?

I love it!

4. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    You are right. That goes without saying. Bacchelli has a legendary history since the early 60s of rebodying Ferraris (both while at Drogo, and in his own shop). Some of the Ferrari rebodies that involved Bacchelli have been commissioned directly by Ferrari and others commissioned by private customers. This was clearly the later. If you define a rebodied Ferrari of the later kind as not a Ferrari then this is not a Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well...speaking for myself, actually, I don't have any reaction towards that car; I have always known about it, since it has been built; I actually don't know if I like it or not...although I am convinced that "light is right", so 800 lbs less is an interesting idea. To me (but that is just me) it is a rebodied Ferrari 328, but not a "Ferrari" anymore. "Johnhoughtaling" perspective about it seems fair to me.

Rgds

6. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #31 johnhoughtaling, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Nerofer. If you are ever in New Orleans come take a ride! It makes a lot of sense this way!

It’s all about how you define things. If you think a rebodied Ferrari is not a Ferrari, I respect that opinion. This car is a concept car that is a Ferrari that was rebodied by by Bacchelli. Bacchelli was one of Drogos first employees in the shop while they rebodied the Breadvan and a bunch of other cars including 0808. If you believe rebodying these Ferrari’s makes them no longer a Ferraris, (unless accepted by Ferrari) then that is a consistent definition. (BTW I’m not comparing a rebodied SWB Sefac to a rebodied 328 because a SWB Sefac is not the same as a 328 and one is a race car and one is a Conceot car, even if Bacchelli was around for both. ) I personally love certain bold rebodied Ferraris. I spent a lot of time with the Ferrari rebodied Breadvan. Parts of it are very ugly and I like that. I like the Drogo rebodies that were made while Bacchelli was in the shop. Others think a Drogo rebody isn’t a Ferrari anymore. I think it’s most accuracy described as a rebodied Ferrari, but that’s just me.

Everyone has an opinion. And the cool thing about art, which I consider some concept cars to be, is when it sits the emotions. Some people hated what Jim G was doing with rebodying his Enzo into P4/5. I liked the idea as it harkened back to the days that like Count Volpi did this in the shops where Bacchelli worked to create one offs for this reason. I think guys like Volpi who did things his way for performance were cool guys. And it’s ok if it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. (And sometimes just for that reason). I respect all opinions.

I do think though that anyone in the cockpit of this car, that likes Ferrari, would get a big grin on their face, and saw wow!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

G. Pepper likes this.
  7. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Just don't drive on the streets in New Orleans, they have historically been poorly maintained.

Lester
    Ben Franklin '75 ;-)