ebay listings | FerrariChat

ebay listings

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by JMFC, Aug 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #3 samsaprunoff, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day All,

Just adding doc...

Not trying to be picky... but...Given the cost for paint it is too bad the paint shop could not spring $40 for the passenger side front marker light... or replace the broken console switches, etc... or detail the engine bay a bit...

Cheers,

Sam

1983 Ferrari 400i Auto
    Color: Pozzi Blue Exterior with Beige/Tan Interior
    Mileage: 32,933
    VIN: ZFFEB06B000044547
    Chassis: 44547
    Current Bid: $39100 USD (18 hours to go)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. JMFC

JMFC Rookie

Dec 19, 2015
    I was expecting a tad higher sale price in the mid 40s... bearing in mind that the major aesthetic and mechanical issues have been addressed!

4. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Seems rather strong for an auto with a lot of needs and a lot of rust in the engine bay.

5. JMFC

JMFC Rookie

Dec 19, 2015
    sold for $36K on the relisting

6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Apparently, the previous sale fell through but as of now with 4 hours left, its at $33K and counting with me having added 9 different bidders:

1983 Ferrari 400i Auto | eBay

Between the one that sold overseas over the weekend at RM Sotheby's for only $38K and this one, the market seems to have remained stagnant + soft over the values of our cars :(

7. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    With all that rust going on in the engine bay, and the tail pipes, I'd be scared that this car has been in a flood. Maybe not but something about this car doesn't seem right.

8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    44547 For Sale now at BAT here:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-ferrari-400-2/

For those who may still have a hard time grasping what the 'search' feature is in this forum - use it, learn to appreciate it, love it! Its not that complicated... Most of these series cars that were manufactured have been included over the years in this website at some point or another. Its unfortunate that again and again, the simple step of looking for any prior posts on a car gets completely ignored - Moderator, can you please combine the other thread?

Also, its a disservice to all when mentioning a car, but not the chassis number - especially when its available, then all the more reason to include it in the post. I don't want to harp on this, but again, its just common sense and a courtesy to all.

9. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    The auction ended and the reserve was not met with a high bid of $27K. I’m copying a very apt post from an individual at BAT relating to this very car, now with issues that have arisen:

928inthe718 207
    All, lets remember this car was on eBay as “running” and sold 2X and re-listed a 3rd time. Then here as “not running” w key questions not answered. Not a “clean” sales history. Got higher than I would have thought given that.

10. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just adding documentation... Chassis 44547 is now on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Ferrari-400/133120010470?hash=item1efe9228e6%3Ag%3AVZUAAOSw8n5dNP4k&LH_ItemCondition=3000%7C2500

11. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
  12. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    And they still didn't replace the passenger side marker light!

13. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Upon closer inspection, it appears that the same pictures used in the first listing a couple of years ago are the same ones this time around. How lazy/professional/confidence-inducing can this be? Couldn't the seller spend $25.00 to have the car washed and then take new pictures? Good luck with the sale/purchase, relying on years-old pics!

14. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Good eye! Indeed, not very confidence inspiring.Wonder if it still has the saggy rear... hopefully with that much invested ($12K) that would have been one of the items addressed.

With newer blue paint and saggy bottom, do we get to call this one “saggy bottom blues”? :)

Ruben

15. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Let's be fair to this listing: this car seems in reasonably good conditions (given the current price). For sure some trims are missing here and there (side markers, seat plastic covers, steering wheel cover,...), but all in all no show stopper.

As far as the cosmetics are concerned, the engine bay wants lots of elbow grease (or at least spray some WD40 all other the engine bay before shooting the picture), but the bodywork and upholstery looks nice.

In other words for the price of a Volkswagen Golf, one can get a good looking Ferrari...

Il Tifoso likes this.
  16. PetMar

PetMar Rookie

Aug 31, 2018
    Izegem, Belgium, Europe
    Full Name:
    Marrannes Peter
    To all,

Indeed, what a pity the seller used these old pictures. I suppose when so much work has been done on the engine, at least to finish the job, they could clean the engine bay, and show it to potential buyers. That would have given the car a much more fresh impression. I know nothing about mechanics, so such an engine bay for me is an no go.

Before buying my car, I found a lot of pictures on the net. All good, millage went up a bit, so I knew the car was driven. All these little things are important, before making the final step.

Peter

17. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff