2019 Indy Car | Page 17 | FerrariChat

2019 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    What good is ten different car and engine combo's when you can't tell them apart except for their sponsors? How does parity exist
    in F-1 at the moment when 99% of the time, the same team wins and a certain driver has won +50% of the races the past 3-5 years??

Jack-the-lad, 375+ and Devilsolsi like this.
  2. (A) I get you can't tell them apart. I can. Explain to me the same answer when there's only one make..... :confused:
    (B) I repeat...the parity (as in any sport) is the rules everyone has to abide by. It's awesome that those ten mega million dollar teams (as opposed to multi-millin dollar ones) have finishes, first to last of those running to the end, where everyone has to design and construct their own cars, closer together than a one make series (aka IndyCar). ;)

I understand what you enjoy. That's cool. The top notch is not for you. That's fine. You might be interested in catching some SCCA club races, especially nationals, more so the Runoffs. FV is the ultimate in "parity" and definitely put on a fantastic race (again, spelled "s-h-o-w").

Advantage me....I enjoy it all (yikes :eek:, even NASCRAP) for I passionately love racing. :)

3. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006

What I can notice is the difference between a 71' Matra, March 711 and Lotus 72' regardless of their paint jobs. If everything is going so well for Formula One, then why are they changing the rules for 2021, because they've finally noticed that the fans aren't happy with near similar results every weekend. Yes, unfortunately Indy Car has become a one make series and we'll probably won't ever see the days of March and Lola competing against each other like days of old. However, it's usually a crap shoot as to who will fill the first five finishing positions in an Indy car race, unlike the boring F-1 race that you enjoy and is very predicable, but hey that's cool if you don't like much excitement in your life...Thanks for the SCCA recommendation but you're about 23 years too late as I've been racing open wheel cars since 96' and my son finished on the podium at Indy at the 2017 Runoff's. We'll also be at the 2019 Runoff's at VIR racing and watching close and unpredictable racing in October.

All the best!

4. #404 lorenzobandini, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Absolutely! And I cannot tell the difference between 22 (or 33 ;)) identical Dallaras even with their liveries.

Oh. That's right....:oops:...there is none.

'PMed ....errr..."conversationed"....you. :)

5. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    The good thing is we both like open wheel racing and those like us are getting harder to find! Take care!

All the best!

Mark

6. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Rossi stays with Andretti.

375+, GuyIncognito and pilotoCS like this.
  7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Too bad.

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Great race today. Photo finish!

9. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Entertaining race in Ohio today. Nice drive by Dixon. Costly error by Newgarden on last lap. Rossi within striking distance, 4 races to go.

10. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    That was some damn fine racing. These new cars have made Mid Ohio one of the most entertaining races of each season.

375+ likes this.
  11. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    I'm over the Penske show so I'm happy to see him stay with Andretti.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I was hoping for the long shot back to F1.

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Dixon's drive today was reminiscent of Gilles Villeneuve in the 1981 Spanish Grand Prix, where he won in an ill-handling Ferrari, managing to keep all his rivals right on his tail without ever letting any of them a chance to pass.

Nortonious likes this.
  14. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Dixon will go down as one of the most accomplished and versatile drivers in history.

The guy is just a flat out bad ass.

BHW

xotik, ryanro24, Terra and 2 others like this.
  15. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Agreed. I have a lot of respect for Newgarden as well. He never shies away from the fact that he makes mistakes and, when interviewed, calls himself out over it. It's a trait I wish more racing drivers had.

375+, Terra and Nortonious like this.
  16. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    and yet Dixon is still somehow underrated.

he's in his 18th (!) season with Ganassi. there's a lot to be said for stability.

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  18. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  19. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    It's the good move for Rossi.

He moves solidly into the team leader role and keeps a good thing going. Whereas if he
    moved to (say) Penske he'd just be another number on the team where Indy 500 wins
    and series championships are expected no matter what.

BHW

20. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I agree. He has a good thing going right now. There are no guarantees that if Rossi moved to a different team he would have the same chemistry and success.

21. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
  22. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  23. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    The cars will be able to be restarted from the cockpit. About effing time.