How do I sign up for a Pista blast on the Autobahn? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

How do I sign up for a Pista blast on the Autobahn?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rporsche, Jul 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    The funniest part of this is that they are mad that Brooks will profit from this just as they are profiting from from Brooks posting on this forum.

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Damn that’s a lot of drama for one Autobahn blast!

I’ll tell you that on the drive w the pista and the 720 on the autobahn the 720 used more fuel!

45.7 liters in The 720 to 45.55 liters in the pista.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Content in the digital world is worth just as much as hard commodities. How do you think Netflix makes its money? How do you think "Sponsored" placement on a YouTube page gets selected? By the 'likability" of somebody?
    Ferrarichat, like Facebook, or any other free service, makes money by providing ad space for companies. How much did you pay to sign up? How much are they charging you to post? Who's putting a gun to your head either preventing you or forcing you to use Fchat? I suggest you ask for a refund, I'm sure they are open to giving 100% of what you paid.
    Tell you what, since you are very interested in Brooks/Fchat revenue share and potential, why don't you put together a cross-promotional proposal? I think both Brooks and Fchat have open minds. Send it directly to both.
    All hell breaking loose? Relax, it's just the internet.
    Yup, you called it! Expect this thread to be deleted in the next 30 min. You got us.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #79 paulchua, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Hi Booker, sorry, my statement was rhetorical, and my intonation lost in the text. I didn't do a good job in my response to @RoyalPink 's query. I was trying to explain the difference between past video posts and Brooks. (and what caused the ban)

I've seen many videos posted by members, usually from 1 of 3 categories.
    1) A 3rd party post video - totally fine
    2) A 1st party that posts a video - but either noncommercial or they are 'small-time' - again, never seen a problem
    And then this:
    3) A significant 1st party, I think it's a credit to Brooks that he's seeing success, and his numbers I argue are not insignificant. At this point, it is a B2B relationship, and that discussion really should be between Fchat and Brooks.

That's precisely why this conversation is if anything a 'business' discussion. It's very fair to disagree on what is the proper business policy should be, but considering none of us own either Ferrarichat or gets checks cut from Brooks, it's best to let them hash it out....because it should be obvious to anybody that followed this, it's just business.

...and please enough with this "iT WaS BAnneD cUz RAri hATes TRuth YO!"

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Wrong. Plenty of Ferrari bashing threads here. Infact there were two threads comparing the 720 to the 488 with lots of posts and lots of positive posts about the mclaren and not a single one was deleted. Mods have their reasons to delete Brooks posts but its not because the posts were derogatory to Ferrari. That is obvious to anyone who has been here a while.

6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Oh the horror! Junk the 720 as its not eco friendly! How can someone in good conscious drive that car.

Ash Patel and paulchua like this.
  7. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Don’t submit me for a ban pls!!

8. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    do you now the outcome, it looks like you feel „toucher“.
    Maybe they were equal and now clear winner. Having both i couldnt car less wich one is faster or not, on and off track, Both and really both are faboules cars. You cant do wrong with one or the other. I really dont get it with this p..... contest here.
    To be banned is not the end of the world on this forum, can happen to every one

Eilig likes this.
  9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    All I know is that I'm looking forward to an autobahn blast with xskier, me in my Speciale and him in his Pista - both exceptional cars in multiple ways. And I'm 100.00% certain when we're legally playing at 200-300 kph on the autobahn, this thread and all its nonsense will be the furthest things from our minds. :)

xskier likes this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #85 Shadowfax, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Dont know what you mean feel toucher?

Personally i couldnt give a f which is faster in a straight line as pista is more than fast enough looks heaps better etc etc etc. Hell even my 3 rs is fast enough up and down the windy mountain rds and on circuit. The straight line bs is just a small penis contest. These cars are built to be driven hard and fast around corners.
    For sure its not end of the world - ive been banned a couple times and didnt feel the need to run off crying making vids acting the big sook making **** up about ferrari guys and trying to get attention.
    The whole stringing fchatters along over an outcome was seriously pathetic and just straight up attention getting behavior trying to get as many clicks but no one was buying lol. So glad the mods booted all those bs vids off - thank god. What a toss. Like others said i too feel sorry for the mods - they did the right thing 100%

Ash Patel likes this.
  11. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    i agree with you shadowfax those cars are extremly fast, to fast for us normal driver anyway, and yes, the 3rs screaming with its max Rpm on the road or track is just fantastic, and 500-520hp are far enough.
    But i can also understand those who like drage racing. My understanding is, that drageracing in the Us, is a big thing, but here in europe, or in other countries, it is not that common. Still i think you need some skills to get the best reaction time out of the box. Isnt maybe that easy as we think..

12. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Fantastic gentlemen. The guy may not even be aware of your rules on this matter and its ban stick right away without notice. Impressive. You probably complain when a cop gives you a ticket instead of a warning too.

FYI Brooks created his YouTube channel by literally showing videos to his buddies. YouTube went big and he got to go along for the ride. Pretty sure he'd still be doing videos like this regardless because he's an actual car guy.

13. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Yeah right and all the proceeds from all his video goes to charity!!!!!!!

14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's a false analogy. Ignorance of the law is not a viable excuse.

The TOU is less than a page long. Here in Florida, the traffic code is probably 100 pages of complicated lawyer drivel. There's no excuse, if you're trying to channel a for profit business here, to not understand the rules.

D

15. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    There is nothing complicated about a speed limit sign that is in front of you every so many feet, no lawyer needed to decipher. Your TOU is not in front of someone every day or even more than once ever. I don't even recall seeing it myself for example.

Instead of creating a customer you created a enemy it seems. Your approach is flawed. TOU clear to you or not the rule may have simply been unknown to him. Keep in mind how many years (13) he's been a member, even if he read that TOU which frankly nobody reads, do you really think he memorized it? That is unreasonable at best.

Seems to me a quick warning, hide his threads and give him a opportunity to become a sponsor. The ban is an over the top power trip IMO and I am not alone in that thought.

Whatever video he does of Ferrari's will make it here any way and you know it. So what did you really accomplish, you pissed off someone with big influence in the car community and in the end his videos will still be here. Someone with some business savvy would have parlayed that into something that was beneficial for both.

Angry Pinchy likes this.
  16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Interestingly, some years ago, when he posted what I assume is his first video here, he asked if he needed any special permission to post it.

He didn't ask a moderator, or an admin, he asked users as he posted. He got a single response, never checked with us, and then off he went.

D

17. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    That really is not that interesting to me considering many boards are not wound so tight on the bottom line side of things and generally mods/admins would issue a warning or call out a rule on first noticed violation. You'd think a Mod/Admin would have reached out to him over years and years of violations and educate him of the rules and offer a solution...but I guess you guys are busy?

Banning him even short term almost certainly doesn't create a customer of him. If that was your goal, you likely failed and rightfully so.

Angry Pinchy and Boomhauer like this.
  18. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I doubt his motivations were commercially minded, in total he has 113,000,000 video views, a few hundred extra from Ferrarichat members is negligible

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I love the videos. I think Brooks' is doing great work better than what other people are doing. Brooks' videos are not only entertaining but very informative. His videos are a credit to the exotic motoring community, and I'm glad he's making these videos, I'm personally appreciative.
    I COMPLETELY agree he's got a *significant* viewership in the car community, and rightly so, for my stated reasons above. In your own words, "he's a big influence on the car community." I hope he continues to grow his business, and he deserves every cent he makes with his LLC.
    However,
    Brooks' posted a video denigrating Ferrarichat and accusing the site of censorship. So who is pissing off who? Just peruse the comments section of the YouTube video. Who is 'rallying the troops' in an escalation? I did not see Brooks reaching out to Fchat management (via email) to understand the reason for the temporary ban (perhaps Brooks did?)
    I, however, did reach out to Brooks explaining the reason for the ban, specifically that his central thesis is wrong. We're not censoring him due to content. I think filming a video saying Fchat bans anybody that says something terrible about Ferrari was not only false but a needless escalation.
    Members don't see the deluge of commercial posts, spam, and solicitations that we have to reject on the daily. Brooks, while being a long-time member, is not an active participant, user activity is one measure we use to determine the commercial/personal motive. Also keep in mind the 'ban' was not permanent, but a 30-day timeout, I would have hoped was during this timeout, that Brooks reach out to Fchat to understand the reasoning before creating and posting an 'attack' video.
    Earlier you said this was not a business decision; I'm glad you see what I'm saying here. The issue here is not censorship but commercial/sponsorship issue. Brooks and Fchat management should hash this out in an equitable manner and de-escalates this to something that possibly could be mutually beneficial.
    I think at the core Brooks is an enthusiast like you and me; however, you can't have it both ways. You're either a small hobbyist with videos on the side or be heading to something 'big' like Doug Demuro. Which is it here? My guess is Brooks is somewhere the middle. As Brooks grows (as I hope he does), issues like this are something he'll run into time and again. Have you seen out what percentage of comments get approved/banned at the Gizmodo media group?
    I see no reason a compromise toward for a win-win for both parties can't happen.
    For the love of the car gods though, let's have them hash it out without us telling them how to run their respective businesses.

Ash Patel and mkraft3003 like this.
  20. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Wait you hope Brooks reaches out to Fchat when Fchat couldn't be bothered to reach out to him? Just heres the ban stick. Hmm strange time to be alive.

technom3 likes this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    We both agree he posts very sparingly — 70 posts in 13 years — the commercial content tilts high just as a measure of proportionality. Should the temp ban have been done with white gloves? Hard given the sheer volume of illegitimate posts. His average post count is every other month, his timeout will have been lifted well before he's ready for his next video.

I see nothing wrong about making a video being critical about policies regarding the commercial sharing of content. Make a video about Fchat is being too strict about their business strategies.

^ All Fair game ^

However,
    If you watch the YouTube video and the sentiments of his followers; the narrative is that Fchat bans opposing viewpoints. Nothing could further from the truth; on the contrary, I encourage fair and civilized debate and hearing the 'downsides' of Ferrari - that's what a healthy vibrant forum requires.

As Brooks becomes bigger (as I hope he does), He'll find the same blocks from what other media sites allow as 'fair use.'
    Intellectual property is a messy topic. Hence the world has teams of attorneys for that.

22. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Fan boy fight! What's next? Battle for free advertising on the strip in the 615? Good grief. From the sounds of it, this thread had surpassed the combined views of all temporarily banned content on this site. What is being missed again? I'm starting to think this is a made up beef.

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #98 paulchua, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Yup this all just Ferrari vs Mclaren, you nailed it! Fchat should convert to a non for profit site, donate all profit to charity. How about this, why don't you put up a 1 for 1 contribution to charities with all Ferrcarichat ad revenue donations? I hope you don't take offense with my suggestion, I figured since you like to tell what other people should do with their business revenue, I can do the same. And yes, all a nonsipracy, Brooks and Fchat are in cahoots to drive traffic.

apologies!! this old man often has sarcasm go over his head.

:)

Cheers

Elisesko likes this.
  24. graphicdisorder

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    You guys keep assuming he knew the rules. All you know is a user in one post god knows how long ago said it wasn't cool. Never a mod or admin. So what scenarios do we really have:

1. Maybe he knew of the rule did it anyway because he thought it was being let go. You contact him, he stops, no ban.

2. Maybe he knew of the rule and said don't care and doing it anyway, you contact him and he stops, no ban

3. Same as 2. only he doesn't stop....ban with pure proof and logical reason. Zero people would probably have a issue with this.

4. He didn't know of the rule or didn't think it applied, you contact him and he stops, no ban.

Instead of any of those most logical scenarios you guys go with:

5. Who cares if he knew of the rule or if he believed it applied, or what his thoughts were at all....ban.

Come on man.

25. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    My previous posts in the thread should indicate what side of free market I land on.

paulchua likes this.