mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 124 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    My only issue with the process is that if you order the Z51 package, you get the spoiler. Sadly, there's no "spoiler delete". The only way to get no rear spoiler is the base suspension car....
    Or buy Z51 and take it to a body shop....:rolleyes:

2. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    I'm still checking if the dealer can delete it. I really cannot see why its "impossible".

3. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    No idea yet on price as spec'd plus I added the Z51 performance package to what I had as I had missed it before.
    The Dealer said they would be in touch by the 25th to go over my build as they expect to have the final order options and pricing by then, so it should not be long before I know.

4. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    For that reason, I'm wondering how important that wing is to stability in the car. I can't imagine they made it look so strange (only thing I don't like on the exterior) for no reason.

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    You can be certain of one thing.
    The aero devices on the C8 are there for function.
    They made them look as good as they could without compromising the functionality.

6. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Get the “high” wing. Looks better than the other, IMO

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Thecadster, k wright and 95spiderman like this.
  7. mikelfrance

Apr 15, 2014
    "High wing" is apparently a dealer installed item. It won't come from the factory this way.

AKA: It won't be cheap.

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    True, but most road car wings have something like 50lbs of downforce at 100mph, and are therefore supurflous for road use. Some wings add high some speed stability, like over 150mph, so once again not really necessary. I drove many years in C4 modded to 450hp and much of that time at 150 or above(was livuing in south africa big open roads no traffic or cabinieri) it had no wings and stability was just fine because the aero was good.

In short for real practical use road legal wings are a stylistic acessory, and imo the new vette looks great without them, or if you must, the big wing really works with the car shape. For track you might want a wider taller mounted wiing still.

Personaly I love the big wing, it works with the whole shape of the car, it gives the car a bit of countach agression which goes well with all the edges and creases, or go no wing which is more classic style. The bat wing is like the row of buttons in the interior, gotta go. But these are minor criticisms given the overall package. Course one needs to see it in the flesh. The American aventador, yeeha MFers.

I always said the C7 looked way better than a F12, and this car is certainly better than the F90 electric thing.

We forgive ferrari and lambo a lot because theyre an exotic, Ill forgive this car its few foibles too. Heres hoping they got the build better and steering right on.

That there will be a lot on the road, so what. Theres a lot of citizen eco drive watches too, mine looks great and works great.

Frankly once ferrari chased volume became all paddles eps nannied and "useable", to a certain extent they became just another car and not something that was an occasion for those with the skill, their point of differentiation is now dimnisihed.

Woke up this morning and realized I already have a dedicated lightweight powerful track car, this vette looks to be just a great exotic useable road car, one you wont mind getting wet, and 3 years from now when its better sorted etc its on my list, in fact if its great to drive its moving to the top of my list, and Im a crtitical mfer..

VAF84, Mbutner, DRYHOLE and 5 others like this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yeah and chevy dealers are real hit and miss, not sure Id want them installing anything, unless it bolts right in where the other one was. Probably be some excellent aftermarket wings too.

10. mikelfrance

Apr 15, 2014
    From what I heard they have to remove the entire rear body panel to install it.

There's still a lot of things we don't know about this car yet.

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Well, truth be known, neither wing is my taste. I prefer the car without.
    I was just pointing out the wings and other aero devices on the C8 are legit. At what speeds?
    Not at posted speed limits here in the USA.

anunakki, DRYHOLE, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  12. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    The rear bumper has to come off, had it done on my C7 by the dealer...It was a piece of cake..

13. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Yea, wings and bras belong in their boxes.

Many things are better in a "natural" state.

jm2 likes this.
  14. mikelfrance

Apr 15, 2014
    C8 is a different deal entirely at the back I'm not saying you're wrong but you can't assume its just as easy.

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    2020 Corvette insights >

k wright and crinoid like this.
  16. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Leno has a vid on youtube with an engineer. Bunch of nothing, but the engineer keeps saying "for the track"

Leno says as they're opening rear deck to see the engine "it's all aluminum, right" guy says composite blah, blah. The extrusions are aluminum.
    Leno tries to cover by saying "oh yeah I meant the extrusions.

Jay, corvettes have been plastic forever. At the end he drives off slowly inside the hanger.

I'm really bummed they are not offering a manual, I really enjoy shifting my fun cars and this could be my FL car.

17. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Z mode and me mode are a good idea.
    So curious to see how this car drives. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

k wright likes this.
  18. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    This car is a disruptor for sure.

Over on Rennlist there were so many threads that they consolidated all of them (good) then banished it to an often unread part of the site (bad)

Another interesting thing I noticed while reading was the guys with the GT class cars (Gt3/GT2/RS) were generally excited about it with multiple people claiming to have put deposits down.

While the guys with the cheaper 996's, 997's and 981's, cars close to the C8's price point, hated it. They are going on how the car is cheap plastic and can only go in strait (!) lines. That their 10 year old car is somehow superior in every dynamic. Nothing will be better than a Porsche, yada yada yada. I find it interesting and hugely entertaining!

VAF84, k wright, jm2 and 2 others like this.
  19. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    What I don't see won't hurt...;)

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I love how the kept the fin located near the B pillar so minute. Ferrari should take a lesson and take that awful shark fin off the top of the F90.

21. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I've watched the videos on it. I still hold my opinion. The C8 is aimed at the exotic car market with a dash and features like that.

I'd still take an Alfa Romeo 4C, Lotus Elise/Exige or a Corvette C7 over it, Even an S2000.
    I don't care about the issues people say these cars have. I'm in the market looking for a midship car anyway, so I'm willing to race anyone that buys it.
    I'll dogbox my car or sequential to match the dual clutch paddle transmission.
    Hell, I'd like to see a race with a 360 or 355 on a curvy track to see the comparison.

22. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    360 or 355??!! kidding me? c7 would disappear from view. those cars are nice but ancient in comparison

VAF84, k wright, Dragster and 2 others like this.
  23. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    PSA:
    “It is better to remain silent and have the world assume you are a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.”

DRYHOLE, Dragster and jimmyb like this.
  24. mikelfrance

Apr 15, 2014
    Seems like the factory is popping out quite a few press cars. The cars are assembled on the same line as the C7. The lower deck looks like C7's and the first three uptop like C8's.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

k wright, of2worlds and DRYHOLE like this.