The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette) | Page 10 | FerrariChat

The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Fireman1291, Jul 9, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I love the interior.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I would have to experiance it in person to make a real honest judgment. But first view of the pictures I would feel closed in. Other them that, GM hit it outa the park.

3. Sukhmon

Sukhmon Rookie

Jul 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Sukhmon Mashiana
    I like the C8 Corvette. We need to remember that it’s the Stingray. This is the base model. This is by no means a competitor to a 488 or a Pista. Ferrari should consider the fact that a future C8 ZO6 or hybrid Zora may prove some sort of trouble but we all have trust in Ferrari that if need be, Ferrari will come out with a monster of a car that will compete with higher level competition.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Truth.

boobernackle likes this.
  5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #231 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Someone said they will churn out 20 ooo a year. sounds a lot but then again Ferrari will be 10000 ++ and who knows how many when the SUV comes out. 15k+?

Ok that is for the various models but even so ,there will be a lot more Fcars around in future years.

Ferrari make around $70K+ profit on each car i read somewhere.

7. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    Why they have to make the side to busy with those funky lines.. otherwise I like it.

8. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Let me get this straight... you chose a car based on what a salesman told you was the proper demographic for you?

Looks like only available with a DCT. Like every current Ferrari afaik. Should be a big improvement over an auto.

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I agree with this 100%.

However I love the seats, love the material, love the speakers, love the display, the cluster is insane and switches based on modes, the climate controls are bold and unique - I love it.

However, I will wait till I drive one.

10. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    This car will put a huge bump in the pre owned exotic market. Even if it drops to 30k in 3 years,just imagine what that will do to 190 k used ,out of warranty 458/488 f cars.You can fork up 30$k ,then choose between a myraid of aftrmarket tuners where 1000hp is a common thing( my buddy drives a 1000 hp Silverado to work every day) probably adding 20-30k will make this car inn to an absolute monster,blowing away any Ferrari in sight,doing so reliably and should it brake,it can be fixed for beer money. What an amazin track car, verdict is,you get world class suspension ,chassis,top notch engineering,and tons of hp,@ 60-70 $k, also most likely,the factory Race team will kick butt big time,Sebring Le Mans,

Fireman1291 likes this.
  11. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    /interest

12. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Mid engine,world class engineering,good looks,v8, dual clutch, ? What is there not to like? 60-70$k, or a used one 3 years from now,40 k , dump 20 inn to the engine,and you got yourself a 1000hp monster. The future of weekend track racing have never looked brighter.

13. Riccardo Del Bello

Jul 14, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Riccardo Del Bello
    It does look pretty great, especially thinking about the price. There's a lot of car for $60K

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  14. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I think the vast majority of people - including people who own cars like a Pista - respond more to what other people tell them than to their own personal experience. How is this not a competitor to every other sports car? They are all different, and at the end of the day, it should be about whatever the owner is looking for, not what they read here or in a magazine or see on Youtube. For example, sound is number one for me, and even that is subjective - it's not what you think sounds good, it's what I think sounds good. That's why I have no interest in any McLaren (except the F1), at any price (or the 488 really - I am not a turbo fan). I don't care about the speed if it doesn't sound awesome. Other people want speed; some people want to be the fastest at a track day, whatever.

One thing you cannot deny is that this looks to be one of the most accomplished mid-engine sports cars thus far produced at the price point. Which means a lot of people who couldn't experience this world will have a chance to peek inside. I think that's just 100% goodness.

Jasonberkeley, G. Pepper and Ellagirl like this.
  15. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    That looks like the most fantastic 60k car on the market...I told my wife last night I have to order one of these they just are to good pass up and i dont care how many they build it would not make mine any less cool
    I mean hell i can spend nearly 60k on carbon fiber on a ferrari

16. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    A friend of mine when ahead & ordered three of them last Saturday morning, 2 to flip & one to drive for a few months. Demand will be insane for this car, until something better comes along.

17. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I spec'ed one just like that. The body color side intakes looks cleaner for sure! The aftermarket support for this car is going to be insane! Perfect track toy.

WJHMH likes this.
  18. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Oh, and from a business sense, GM can play this like Porsche did the boxster: forget the income on the entry level cars, make bank on the special models and options. GM is 3-4 times the size of Fiat, and dwarfs Ferrari. They can afford to make zero or even eat some on these early cars without blinking an eye. Plus they have Trump to bail them out if they get in trouble!

19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Did anyone really expect that anything but the LT1 with zero options would be under $60k? But still, 495 HP 0=60 in under 3 with 8speed DCT with standard launch control is going to give a standard 488 a challenge. The Z06 version ($120k+???) will likely challenge the Pista. And in IMSA the C7 out did the 488. I love my Ferrairs and my Cayman S but this car needs to be taken seriously, blue or white collar. A friend said the Corvette will never shed it gray haired, beer bellied old man image. I'm thinking maybe it just did.

I may be looking at the car on 8/7. The y have a tour going and the car will be at larger dealers.

Carnut and DIGMAN52 like this.
  20. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    We should know some pricing tomorrow, I went to a local Chevy dealer & I was told about 75k+ with at least the z51 package. They have ready have taken 20 deposits & they are only getting an allocation of 12 units for their first order.

DRYHOLE likes this.
  21. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    MalcQV, WJHMH, G. Pepper and 3 others like this.
  22. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    More then 60K, as you know. Ferrari has left me behind with the MSRP’s and options list, I find the prices of all these new cars to be ridiculous.

PA Wolfpacker and LARRYH like this.
  23. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #248 thecarreaper, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    I have had 11 pre-1989 Ferrair's, and three carb Lamborghini's - for starters. Most of my old VINs are posted in my profile.

I have a Z51 Vette that would also eat your Mondial alive that I paid $19k for. My King Ranch F150 also has 400 horsepower. Same as the Vette, but heavier!

So yeah, your "suck" comment with a Mondial is more than a little funny. :) :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. usynlig

usynlig Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    utah
    Other than GM/Dephi owns the MagneRide Suspension system... They sell to to Ferrari and others... I am guessing they can keep the best version and engineers for themselves... They first rolled it out in 2002 in the Cadillac Seville STS. I am guessing they have had a few years to play with it on all platforms.

25. DRYHOLE

DRYHOLE Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Dallas + Seaside, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dryhole
    Me To, #5 build spot of there first 12 allocations. Digman rocks!

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIGMAN52 and LARRYH like this.