For Sale - Connolly F355 three piece luggage. | FerrariChat

For Sale Connolly F355 three piece luggage.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by ducrob, Jul 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hello Fchat, this is my first post on the "for sale thread". I purchased the luggage a couple of years after I purchased my car. It was sold by the local dealership to a prolific Ferrari owner (new one every three years) who unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago. I purchased the set from his estate. It is the super rare Connelly leather in "buff" (light tan). It still has all the cardboard inserts, Schedoni bubble wrap, all dust covers (tan and yellow) all locks/keys and the clothes hanger. It just sits in my closet....smells great!! Do you people have any idea what it's worth? I will never use it...it should be in a museum. There is a slight stain on the lower corner of the large yellow dust cover (could put it in the washer). None of the infamous "flaking". I've seen all kinds of pricing for Schedoni but I've never seen the Connelly stuff for sale. Thanks.

2. titus2669

titus2669 Karting

Oct 4, 2017
    Sacramento CA
    Full Name:
    Titus
    ok....so how about a price?

ducrob likes this.
  3. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I'm trying to determine that Titus. Ive been advised to pm Alberto who is an expert.

4. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Since you are also posting in the 345/355 section I assume your set is for one of these models. 3 piece sets for a 348/355 were for the Spider variant as the rear shelf was not deep enough to support the toiletries and shoe case made as part of the five piece set for the tb/ts and GTB/GTS variants. The set included a medium and large suitcase a suit bag with hanger and locks, tags and the very desirable brown covers only. Yellow covers were introduced for luggage available for the 360 series and beyond.
    I purchased my black 3 piece set in perfect condition for a very low $850.00 from an Fchatter in 2014. Three piece tan sets in perfect condition could fetch up to $1,500.00 IMO.

5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Post some photos.

If there is an embossed F355 near the lock clasp then the set is for a F355. If there is no emboss than the set is only for a 348 even though it will fit both car models.

Price depends on how long you want to wait to sell til a specific buyer comes around.

Generally in the US, beige/ cuoio sets go for around 1500 for a three piece set. Black sets are more rare and generally cost more. Other colors like red, navy, or crema are super rare and would garner more money. The extra 2 piece bags behind the seat connect and sell for around 500 or so.

You could likely sell the luggage for higher dollars in Europe. No one really uses the luggage on a practical side. It’s more for a buyer that wants a very complete car.

Another consideration is if the bags have the correct light brown / tan dust covers. Brighter yellow dust covers were used after the F355 model and are not period correct and would fetch a lower asking price from educated buyers.

Robb

6. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks Robb. I will have to take new photos as the ones I took for insurance purposes a couple of years ago are "too large" to email...? I'm a bit of a tit with posting photos etc but will make an effort tonight. I have both the yellow and brown dust covers and the luggage is stamped F355. It's still in the bubble wrap and has the cardboard inserts. I tried sending Alberto the photos last night when I discovered they were too big. You are correct about Euro pricing (according to Alberto). This stuff belongs in a museum.

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Shot you a PM

8. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    PM's sent. Thanks guys, will let you know if it sells.

9. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I still dont think i saw a price??

10. 348 spider

348 spider Rookie

Jan 21, 2011

11. 348 spider

348 spider Rookie

Jan 21, 2011
    Hi there,
    Just viewed your post, is the luggage still for sale and if so is it possible to send me a image of the luggage and also an asking price,

Many thanks, Jim

12. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    PM sent Jim.

13. nae5141

nae5141 Rookie

Nov 10, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Nathan E.
  14. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    I have a 2 piece 348 set that has not been used if anyone is interested

15. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Color? PM me a price.....

16. nae5141

nae5141 Rookie

Nov 10, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Nathan E.
  17. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Still no Price?
    I PM'd you as well a few Days ago asking...

18. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Hi Robb! Not 100% true. My set has yellow dust bags and that’s very reasonable since those have been introduced with the 550 in 1996. Due to the fact that later 355 models have been built until 99 some also received factory correct yellow dust bags like mine
    Cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

275GTB likes this.
  19. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    It’s true the factory used yellow dust covers but just like steel vs brass valve guides, it’***** or miss on actually which ones were available and when.

I would guess only late 98/99 cars may have seen the yellow dust bags. Since the yellow was used on the new 360 luggage.

Robb

StartedFromTheBottom likes this.
  20. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    my 1997 355 has yellow dust covers, I am lead to believe it was factory (not dealer) supplied luggage, also the 1995 F50 has the same style yellow dust covers on its luggage

StartedFromTheBottom likes this.
  21. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    I think he hasn’t been online for 2 months now :) maybe that’s why answers are lagging... probably the classic „no notifications at all“ strategy. He misses out a lot ;)...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app