mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 121 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love that Long Beach red color! Sounds like a good color combo

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    If we're playing with the configurator, here's my choice.

As a maybe-360 bottom feeder, the C8 really appeals to me. They're going to be such a bargain coming off the 3-year leases.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

kandi, Phil~, FerrariF430boy and 4 others like this.
  3. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I put my deposit down today. My salesman was off yesterday, so he didn’t get back to me until this morning. High volume dealer...he could be lying, but he said they had 30 deposits placed just on Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and thecarreaper like this.
  4. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
  5. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Good info, thanks for sharing. Just a heads up that the weight that’s referenced here is dry weight, not curb weight, for both cars, so take that into consideration.

6. FerrariF430boy

Sep 22, 2007
    orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    gustavo
    That’s crazy, when I sold chevy’s, and C7’s, id always come in for my customers on my day off even if it was just for an ordered car.

Anyways, im super excited for you. Im going to place my order in a few days with the dealer I used to work for, at MSRP.

Arctic white, 2LT z51 with red/black interior, carbon flash accents, and exposed carbon roof.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mbutner, VAF84, skinguy23 and 4 others like this.
  7. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    This is very similar to my build. Stopped into my Chevy dealer on Friday and got on the list.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yeah, I really liked that shade, really nice.

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    hahaha, yes, please somebody give me their crap car!!! I will happily take it off your hands!

10. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    skinguy23, ryanro24, kandi and 6 others like this.
  11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Looks great!!!

12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

#3012 dwhite, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Anyone know the F/R weight distribution?

Is there a manual slated.

Who did the dual clutch trans, GM, or they bought one.

Just trying to find out if Chevy gave any hard info at their gala. What did the press kit offer?

13. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

What did this car configure at? 75+?

14. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    I think he said he was traveling with his toy company business?

15. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Wondering what the difference is between the standard and “high” wing.
    Is it purely cosmetic? I would assume it gets better airflow and produces more downforce- wonder how much?

16. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I watched the reveal video intently and the most shocking part to me was the under 60K price.
    My 9th Vette was just completed and I am picking it up next week (2019 Long Beach red Z06 Convertible).

All that I can think about after reading all of the comments on this site is what a wonderful time we live in. When I was a teenager (70's) my dream cars were the Lola T70, Mclaren M6, Tyrell etc. The closest thing I could afford was a Pontiac Trans Am. So I would try to modify it to be as close to those cars as possible by lowering it and stiffening up the suspension.

Now we have so many options for great cars it is mind boggling. Or we can easily modify our old cars to be almost as good performers as the new sports cars.

We may complain about clunky transmissions or expensive items but look at what the computers can do for us for diagnosing problems and the fit and finish of all of our cars is leap years ahead. The truth is ALL of the cars made today are incredible compared to my 1972 Trans Am.

I hope I live long enough to see what other improvements are made in the next 20 years.

When I saw the C8 I thought what a great car for such a low price.

I will get one but maybe a year or 2 down the road.

My thoughts are to buy a base model for under the 60,000 price and daily drive it. Can't lose that much value because you don't start that high. And you don't need all the expensive options to just drive to work every day. And I will keep the 2019 Z06.

17. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Hey, I was blocked from responding for like a day or so and haven't been on here since, so I haven't read the last 3 pages at least, and I wont be reading them.

I think I'm still banned on the lewis hamilton thread.

So Forza Ferrari.

brian700688 likes this.
  18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Objectively speaking, yes, it's crap. Performance is terrible, expensive to repair, super outdated. Sounds decent I guess and maybe you can find a manual.

If the car was so great, Ferrari would still be selling stuff like it. The reality is that in 2019, a 360 is crap and you buy one mainly because you want a Ferrari at a certain price point, not because it's such a great car. They don't sell easily because there is so little demand. There is so little demand because, well, it's not a very good car any more.

It had its day in the Sun. It was hot and now it's not.

19. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    This exact same reasoning can be applied to any 20 year old car, from any manufacturer. If they're so great, still, why aren't they still being made?

Yes, technology marches on. From this perspective, i suppose, anything older than a few years can be considered "crap".

:rolleyes:

Thecadster likes this.
  20. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Interesting spec comparison:

The C8 is 2 feet longer, which explains how they put in the V8 longitudinally and the extra trunk space. The Alfa has almost no storage and its 4 cylinder is transverse with the gearbox in front of the rear axle.

Alfa Romeo 4c

157″ L x 74″ W x 47″ H
    238 HP
    1.7L
    2487 lbs
    Power to weight: 10.4 lbs per HP
    0-60: 4.3s

C8

182"L x 76"W x 48.5" H
    495 HP
    6.2L
    Power to weight: 6.8 lbs per HP
    0-60: 3 sec

21. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Having owned a number of 2nd Gen Trans Am's and a Brewster green 72 455 Formula, I would like to read more on your adventures if you care to post a thread. Ditto on the Lola T70! Took my C6 for a fun drive this morning, just because. :)

of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

3336lbs dry is over 3500 wet and since it’s prob a base car expect 3600, its a gt car, a fast gt car but not really a hard core sports car. It’s a Vette, just this time the engine is in the middle. A faster better Vette but if i wee Ferrari or porche I wouldnt be losing snore sleep than when the c7 came out.

23. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

What is your feeling on a 10 million+ dollar 250 short wheelbase or a 250K 1967 corvette 427 convertible with a stinger hood? By all accounts they are just tired old crap that a 2020 corvette will obliterate.

werewolf and Jo Sta7 like this.
  24. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #3024 jimmyb, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    ^^^^
    I don't think Ferrari is losing any sleep over Corvette....now I bet McLaren is causing some insomnia in Italy...

If Porsche is losing any sleep over the C8, it's what it will do to the already pathetic U.S. sales of the 718 twins. I don't know this, but, IMO, the 718 twins don't garner the brand loyalty that the 911 does. Again, just thinking out loud and I could be dead wrong.

sainthoo likes this.
  25. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Once you add fluids, it's going to be about 100 lbs (give or take) more than the current Grand Sport, but with an additional 35 hp and (hopefully) better driving dynamics due to the mid engine layout. The current Grand Sport is no slouch on track, and the added hp actually gives the C8 a better power to weight ratio. Sure lighter is always better, but I don't think the car will have any issues at the track. Will it cost more to track it than a Lotus or a 4C? Sure, but that's the price you pay for having a larger, more powerful (and more practical) car.

I don't think Ferrari cares about the Corvette one iota, and I suspect Chevrolet feels the same about Ferrari. They realistically aren't competing with each other. The Corvette sits in a really nice place in the market price wise. There really aren't a lot of other choices in the same price bracket. A base 911 is over $30,000 more expensive--and good luck getting out the door at Porsche for that price. Price wise, the 718s are similar, but you've got to get at least an S to come anywhere close to the performance that the Corvette offers.

brian700688 likes this.