What's The Best Family Car Available Today. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What's The Best Family Car Available Today.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F355 Fan 82, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The key is getting a luxury SUV. Good job.

2. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Ford Raptor

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    2020 Accord

4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Family of four here, we have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD.

It ain't much, but it's inexpensive, comfy for long trips, and pending adding a bike rack to the back, and a Thule to the top, it actually has a decent amount of space for 2 adults, 2 kid seats, and all of our stuff. And affordable for people who dont want or need a $750+ payment either financed or leased.

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    F355 Fan 82 - Looking at the wide divergent responses perhaps some guidance of your budget might be useful to responders. Pretty big differential in the cost of a Ford Raptor or Honda Accord relative to high end SUVs. If your mission is just a grocery getter - A to B transportation that is one thing and a very valid reason to opt for the least cost solution. Why spend any more $$$ than necessary to accomplish that task? If you are looking for something more than that, it is something completely different. So your budget would serve to limit and somewhat determine field of choices.

6. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Get a nanny and a minivan for her. Have as many kids as you want and then buy what you want without compromise.

My $.02

Hoodude likes this.
  7. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I accidentally bought an S600 earlier this year. I didn't intend to use it for baby duty, but it turns out nothing compares to a long wheelbase car for dealing with baby seats. The rear seat fridge is awesome too for keeping bottles and snacks cold. Active suspension and insulated glass makes them go to sleep easily, and I'm usually so tired that I want a luxury cruise, not an adrenaline rush.

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I love this line "accidentally bought" - I just driving around and stopped at MB dealership woke up the next day and had a S600 in the garage - everything in between walking into the dealership and waking next morning was kind of a blur. :D

tantumaude likes this.
  9. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Hey, it was a rough night...I'm thankful that's all I ended up with!

It was at auction, and I lowballed. There wasn't much interest in it. I'm paying for it now with the active suspension repairs.

10. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Only kidding, I owned a '95 S600 Coup I bought as a COP car with 15k on the clock. Fortunately for me I also purschased the extended warrantee. I think I got about $30k -$40k waraantee work while I owned it. The Silver Star MB dealer service rep and I got to be excellent friends. I loved the car and kept it through the 100k extended warrantee period and cut it loose when the warrantee expired.

tantumaude likes this.
  11. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    E63S AMG wagon. we have that for 7 and 4 year old. can fit 2 hockey bags in the back easy. tons of space, amenities, and fast as ****. this thing hauls ass unbelievably well and handles like it's on rails. build quality average overall and not a great or exciting drivers car. but a sleeper DD.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  12. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    Just got an X7.....quite a phenomenal family truck! Luxurious and seriously spacious. Also pretty darn rapid!

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  13. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    twins ? twin boys ?

it'll be no time before they are destroying ****. just buy a suburban cause you're going to need one and a dog cause thats coming also

Hoodude and F355 Fan 82 like this.