488 - Thoughts on a Pista Spec | FerrariChat

488 Thoughts on a Pista Spec

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Morgie, Jul 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
    Hi - I welcome any feedback on a preliminary Pista spec done today at the dealership

Argento n. exterior
    Bicolor racing stripe - center stripe is blu america and outer stripes are grigio titanio (want a unique stripe)
    matte grey forged wheels and titanium exhaust
    Yellow calipers and shields

Blu scuro alcantara, silver seat stripe and horse stitched head rest, alcantara inner seat trim option
    Not sure if should get special stitching argento?

Full CF exterior and engine bay
    Not sure if should get upper tunnel in CF vs. leave in Alcantara

Black steering wheel or matching interior?

Adding parking camera, standard radio/nav/bluetooth
    Adding suspension lifter with AFS system

Not sure about heat insulating windscreen -- thoughts?

Anything else I should add? Any ideas regarding racing stripe that is unique? And Thanks

2. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Very cool
    Congrats on the allocation

I like contrasted stitching, personally. Can’t comment specifically on arg on scuro without seeing the samples.

I’m a fan of CF upper tunnel. Breaks up the interior nicely.

I vote black wheel.

I’ll spec the heat insulation just to get it done.

Do you have a pic of the car/stripe? The renders aren’t great but curious to see how it looks. I haven’t seen many pics where the stripe is close as you’ve selected.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Need to see pics

4. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Nice spec! We both have similar specs (mine is a spider though) - it arrives in a few weeks so I'll let you know what I think in the flesh.

Insulated windscreen adds weight but is nice if you're in a hot climate. I went back and forth on blue scuro vs black. Neither is a mistake on that colour combo imo - but I went black as I thought it would wear better. I like deviated stitching - grigio scuro is subtle, I went grigio chiaro for stitching and grigio scuro for the leather bits.

I think carbon fibre suits the pista - i'd get all the interior carbon options as well!

I'd also opt for black wheels. Ultimately an easy change if you decide you don't like it after the fact.

5. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I like this...The only thing you should think about is if you get enough contract with Grigio Titanio over the Argento Nurburgring main colour...I learned the “contrast lesson” the hard way...I have Rosso F1 2007 with Nero Stellato/Argento stripe and the Nero Stellato looks flat next to the amazing Rosso F1...Otherwise I think Blue Scuro will look phenomenal...I also like the yellow calipers...always my choice too
    You may also want to overlay Blu America with Blu Scuro to see if they go together...You’d be amazed how relevant the colour of your stripe is to the colour of the interior...If it clashes, it will bother you over the long term...the solution is to either reduce the contrast (bring the colours closer together) or increase it a lot (ie use completely different shades)...the one thing you want to avoid is similar but slightly different shade

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    ^Funny I was thinking exactly the same thing about the stripe.

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    A friend of mine has ordered his Pista Spider in a similar spec, but with full Blu NART stripe. I'm not entirely sure Grigio Titanio is such a good idea. I would choose a darker grey for the outer edges. I recently saw an Argento Pista parked next to a Titanio 488, and while those colours are by no means the same, they are both light silver colours. I'd probably look into Canna Di Fucille or Grigio Silverstone for the outer edges for more contrast.

8. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
    Thank you for the feedback. I will revisit the stripe colors.

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree about the stripe. I would think to reverse your stripe colors. Do the Blu America for the outsides and the Grigio Titanio for the inside- or do Argento N for the inside. Another idea is to swap Grigo Titanio- I love this color but its a little bit close to Argento- for something darker like Silverstone- or see if they will do Grigio Corsa- which is the color of the grey wheels.

Interior Blu Scuro alcantara will come off as almost black/ very dark grey. If that is the look you want, then that is a great choice. If you want more of a blue look for the Alcantara, then I would recommend Blu Navy Alcantara- that will read bluer.

Another idea would be to do Blu Scozia for the blue in your stripe- this is a historic color, non metallic- like a navy blue, but ever so slightly purple- don't be scared by this- its really mostly navy- its not too far off Blu America- but it will be different enough. Then do the brake calipers in Blu- I compared colors at the dealer and the blue they use for the calipers is the same as Blu Scozia. Blu Navy interior. Stitch in either silver- if thats a choice or Grigio Chiaro- this will read as almost silver.

What color will you use for the Rev Counter? I recommend yellow- I like it as its the color of Modena and the Rev Counter tells you what's happening with the heart of the beast. But you could also do any other color except maybe the red. Alternate would be aluminum.

I'd leave the tunnel in alcantara, but there is no bad choice there.

Steering wheel match the interior. I'm not sure if they still offer Blu Scuro leather- if they do, then this is what you get if you are doing Blu Scuro Alcantara. If they don't and you are doing Blu Scuro Alcantara, then get nero for the steering wheel. If you are going with Blu Navy Alcantara, then get the steering wheel in Blu Sterling leather, which is the matching color for the Navy Alcantara- I don't know why they have different names.

I like the heat insulating windscreen because it helps the AC cool the car. If you live in a warm climate, I would recommend it. I think the downside is a little extra weight and maybe it reduces range for radar detectors and toll pass things, but I think there are cutouts somewhere where these achieve full range. I like my AC so I choose it.

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Make your calipers match the stripes - as I mentioned- it would be easier to visualize with a pic but you have a lot of colors going on.....blue, silver, yellow.....try to consolidate and match better would be my opinion

11. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Thecadster likes this.