finally bought a WHITE Testarossa | Page 7 | FerrariChat

finally bought a WHITE Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Parnelli, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    but white is the best color and most sought after over any color for a tr ha ha

dmark1 likes this.
  2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I know. To each his own and thats perfectly ok. No shame in not wanting to keep a car for any reason.

We will soon see ;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I´m also not a fan of white ;)

Natkingcolebasket69 and xplodee like this.
  4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    we got 2 now ha ha

dmark1 likes this.
  5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    PineChris, Scaledetails and Parnelli like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed white hasn’t aged well to
    Me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you are right when you are at a ferrari meeting, then red is boring, but when you see 1 ferrari alone red is so great.
    also here in germany when you go on the autobahn where on some parts is no speedlimit with a red ferrari in the rear mirror most drivers will let you pass and go the the right lane, but when they see a white ferrari they don´t care so much.

raysur and Shamile like this.
  8. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    White is right!

blkdiablo33 and Parnelli like this.
  9. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Very interesting and tempting.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  10. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Quick question for all of you testarossa drivers. Is there any temperature at which you will not drive your car? I’m heading up to Road America for the big “vintage car weekend” races this afternoon. Road America is 60 minutes door to door from my house. Mostly highway driving.
    The problem is, like most of the country today, the heat index is going to be 104° this afternoon!!
    Seems that I have read here that these cars can overheat if it is too hot outside. Something about a “slowdown” light coming on and then the car makes some crazy loud sound in the cabin?
    I definitely don’t want to deal with that issue today. If that’s the case, no problem, I’ll just drive my 911 up there instead.
    Maybe you guys that drive your cars in super hot climates can chime in. Shamile? :)

Shamile likes this.
  11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    even with my competition I never had water temperature problems

12. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Shouldn't be an issue. I had a scare with my car getting hot. Turns out I didn't know at what point on the guages was too hot. It was within range. Just keep moving and you'll be fine. Assuming your cooling system is fine, should be since you did all the work.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I drive my 71,500 mile 91 Testarossa as a daily driver in all Florida weather....hot and hotter.
    I get stuck in Orlando and Tampa traffic all the time with the outside temps at 100+ with humidity. No issues whatsoever. No hot start issue, no hot oil temps, no high coolant temps....and never coolant running though the vent hose.
    I may prefer driving a Lamborghini but nothing matches my Testarossa for reliability....absolutely nothing.

Drive and enjoy. Please leave your socks at home and yell "Freeze....Miami Vice!" when you jump out.
    ....the car becomes more reliable when you do that ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ive driven both my Countach and Testarossa out here in temps of up to 112 degrees without issue. Only time the temps climb a little is when Im traveling up hill.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  15. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hey Chris
    I always liked the countach and diablo. How is the reliability and maintenance? How does it compare to the tr?

16. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Good to know! The Testarossa it is in that case.
    Thanks for that info guys

turbo-joe, xplodee and Shamile like this.
  17. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Im just stoked this is a Parnelli/TR post where youre not talking about selling it!!!:) Now that the pressure of expectation is gone, im hoping you develop a unique/personal relationship with her that only she could provide....and you end up loving her for that after all (and making a ramp so you can keep her). This road trip could be the perfect time to bond Enjoy! Post lots of pics

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I havent had the TR long enough to really compare, but since buying the TR last Oct ive had no issues. As for the Countach and Diablo, I can only hope the Testarossa is as rock solid as those 2. Even if it is, it will still lose due to the belt change costs, but thats fine by me. A little run down on maintenance costs for the Countach and Diablo:

Countach Ive has since 2012. Soon as I bought it , it went to George Evans to be gone through. Since then the only issue ive had was something came loose on the circuit board that controlled the fuel pumps. Was a simple fix at Franco's European for approx $500. Other than that, nothing but oil changes. This is my 2nd Countach, and my experience with my first Countach was pretty much the same.
    Diablo, Ive owned since 2011, and only issues Ive had was the aux belt broke right after I bought it ( was the original belt) and I went through and rebuilt all the shocks recently. The power steering hose developed a leak a few years ago, so I had a one made that was much better than factory for $50 and replaced it. Other than that its been perfect. This is my 3rd Diablo, and all three were fantastic. I even had nitrous on my first SV for almost 7 years.

Shamile, WestCoasta and Zeff like this.
  19. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    never changed sparkplugs?

20. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Good to know. Thanks for the feedback. If I ever do get around to buying one I’ll consult with you first. You have my dream stable of cars I must say. Those three cars are my favorites.

21. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Great time at Road America yesterday with the Testarossa. People LOVED that car!!
    A ton a picture taking and kids videoing it. I think it was the 'MIAMI V' license plate that helped :)

And that says a lot because, as anybody who goes to Road America for the 'vintage car race' weekend is well aware, some of the nicest cars in the country are present at that time.

https://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/the-weathertech-international-challenge-with-brian-redman-presented-by-hawk-vintage-cars.html

The AC blew super cold ......and it was 100+ degrees yesterday !

There has been a significant amount of buyers interested in the car the past few days so we will see what happens. As I've indicated previously, I'm not even currently "marketing" the car anywhere else other than my post on Fchat. Haven't put it on Autotrader, Cargurus, Dupont registry, etc yet.
    If one of the buyers decides (quite wisely :)) to jump at the opportunity to buy the car at $93.5K and makes the transaction "easy" for me I will do so. If not, no worries, as I will keep the car and relist it next Spring @ $105K.
    I truly believe (based on buyer interest generated so far) that I could eventually get that number (and perhaps a bit more). But that also entails more time and energy on my part marketing the car. It's a trade-off I guess. Quite frankly my time is way more valuable if I focus on my business and my clients than trying to squeeze a few extra grand out of selling a car.

I'm heading back up there this afternoon (60 minute trip from my house) but will not be taking the TR due to heavy thunderstorms expected to roll in mid-day. Will check in later

Zeff likes this.
  22. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Glad you enjoyed your car yesterday. I took mine out yesterday as I went to a small get together with friends and they all went crazy. Had a great time with it.

Parnelli likes this.
  23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    lol...I expected the last line to be....I've decided to keep it.

This was from today at Lamborghini Orlando.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

xplodee, Parnelli and Zeff like this.
  24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you just got your car and like to sell so soon? not good, because the longer you drive this car the more you like the driving with.

25. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No doubt about that. The love just grows