458 AC Turned Off Car at StopLight? | FerrariChat

458 AC Turned Off Car at StopLight?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Franchise1450, Jul 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Franchise1450

Franchise1450 Karting

Apr 20, 2019
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Franchise1450
    Was in my 458 2012 the other day with AC on, turned climate control to off by turning the fan dial to the left, while motor running at stop light and the car suddenly turned off the instant the climate control did. Started up fine again and hasn’t happened again.

Italian wiring fun? I don’t really care I thought it was funny but anyone have this happen before?

2. thebigo

thebigo Karting

Feb 10, 2019
    Do you have the HELE option spec'd in your car? Was it active?

3. Franchise1450

Franchise1450 Karting

Apr 20, 2019
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Franchise1450
    Don’t think so? How would I know? I know what this is after googling it just now but is it in a menu or something?

4. thebigo

thebigo Karting

Feb 10, 2019
    Take a look here...

Attached Files:

5. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Just a thought--- I live in Texas and pretty much run my AC full blast all the time. At full tilt the fan sounds loud.

Recently out of the blue the fan level cut off (I don't know if I thought it stopped or just dramatically reduced).

Turns out--to get max blowing on me I run with recirculation ON all the time. The car automatically turns it off after a while (I assume to get some fresh air in the cabin). When it goes off the fan volume drops significantly. I just push the recirc button again.

Could that be what happened to you?

Good luck

-mark (aka fossilfuel).

Sent from my BBF100-2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  6. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    The 488 does the same thing. It will automatically turn off the recirc every so often and turn it on again on its own. Seems about a 30 minute cycle or so. It only turns it off for a few minutes.

7. Ferrari-CO

Ferrari-CO Rookie

Apr 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chad Moss
    Did you get an answer on this one
    Did you get an answer on this one? I have the same issue on a 2015 458, turn AC off it kills the engine.

8. Franchise1450

Franchise1450 Karting

Apr 20, 2019
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Franchise1450
    No. I stopped doing it and problem never occurred again. Simple enough. I also sold the car and regret it every day. Don’t sell your car!

Il Tifoso likes this.