512TR: Basic Electrical Diagram Interpretation Question | FerrariChat

512TR: Basic Electrical Diagram Interpretation Question

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by awatkins, Jun 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    I have PDF copies of the WSM, both volumes, Vol. 2 Section L promises an English list of electrical components on page L32. However, in my case L32 is a scan of one page, almost entirely of fuel injection components.

Am I supposed to have a list of ALL of the electrical components thus allowing me to translate"03110" to "heated rear window switch?"

If so, any suggestions on where to get those pages?

Thanks,
    Alan

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #2 Steve Magnusson, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    This link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynom1r9swaia32j/L32.pdf?dl=0

should get you a more complete list (including 03110). A fellow FChatter had graciously given it to me some years ago. It hurts my head to just think about looking at those horrible 512TR schematics - just a huge step backward in easy-of-use and missing so much other useful (spatial) information that's conveyed in the earlier F model schematics.

3. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    Thanks very much for supplying that, now I can actually use the diagrams.

More generally on the subject of the scanned WSM many of us are likely working from, I've been quite frustrated by the poor scanning job that was done here because in fact enough lines are missing near the edges of some pages that you cannot reliably join the four sectors into one sheet. Furthermore the scan is geometrically inaccurate so it's impossible to make all the cross-page lines line up.

So I had a couple thoughts:

I have a vague recollection of seeing or hearing about a separate (from the WSM) electrical diagram. Is there in fact such a thing? Does anyone have it and could tell us about it? Is it better or worse in some ways than the WSM version?

Either way, I think it's time we had a properly scanned version of the diagrams but I don't have an original WSM. However, I would be happy to scan someone else's original and publish it. My plan would be not only to provide the individual 4-sheets/diagram form but this time linearly scanned and missing nothing, but also to stitch each set of four sheets together so that each of the ten diagrams could be printed in its entirety one one sheet (17 x 22 being the obvious choice to maintain the current scale). I might even be persuaded to stitch the entire thing into one big single page diagram. You may have noticed that the entire fusebox is drawn on each diagram, so a single sheet version would likely not be as large as you think.

So, if anyone out there has the WSM and would be willing to lend it to me for a few days, I'd be happy to do the work and make it available to everyone.

And then finally, if anyone would like to sell me an original WSM I would be very interested, and still would do the above scanning and publishing work anyway.

xplodee likes this.
  4. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I have been doing some electrical diagnosis on my 512 tr and let me tell you it was a PIA printing and taping the 4 sheets together. And then labeling components. I my concern is the circuits would be too hard to trace if you print all 4 on a shingle sheet. It would be nice if each component was labeled with an actual description instead of a number.

5. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    Once all four tiles are stitched together in one file, then you take that to your local fedex, etc, office store have it printed any size you like.

EZORED likes this.
  6. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    Good news: I believe I have purchased an original WSM (no celebrating until it’s in my hands an checks out OK).

So, I don’t see evidence of a “file area”. Where/how are people storing large general interest reference files, or references to those files if stored elsewhere?

7. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    News:: I received the original manual. Turns out ferrari printed the diagrams as folded 16 x 20 inch pages, not broken into 4 tile; that was the doing of whatever sloppy person did the scanning.