Lewis Hamilton | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Jul 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep. The way I read it, If Kubica won the british GP next week it would rate the same as Hamilton winning the same race in his Mercedes?

We all know (well, almost all I guess) that winning a race in the Williams would be a pretty damn noteworthy achievement that'll be nothing short of a complete miracle.

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But not when you only look at the result on Wikipedia in 7 years

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Makes a change then for the lazy schmuck. Still doesn’t mean he built the car or had major influence on why it is dominating, that’s down to the engineers

stavura and Bas like this.
  4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony

Peter - Perhaps you should read my post again, its agreeing with you, the comparison is pointless, I leave you to figure out the analogy- clark /Ferrari

Do you honestly beleive Mercedes designed the car for "any driver" and then let them figure out the setup - seriously????????? It was designed for LH - pretty obvious really.

Best

Tony

5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sorry, so I misunderstood your post and obviously the one liking it and the one quoting it as well...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    No problem Peter

P.Singhof likes this.
  7. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Oh look, a hamilton bashing thread... Why am I not surprized...

He's dominating because he's the best driver out right now.
    The car is good, but there are other good cars out there on the grid and a lot of bad drivers.
    Hamilton winning out of control, and all of a sudden the mercedes are too fast. Hilarious.

You put Hamilton in ferrari and he'll still win.

ktu and william like this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The handful of so called 'Tifosi' on here would still hate Hamilton even if he won the next 3 WDC for Ferrari.

They just don't like the guy .for whatever reason.....

kraftwerk, DF1, ChadR and 2 others like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thread was re-enlivened after years of being closed by Elton’s fans, not tifosi. Why anyone is surprised the enemy of Ferrari is despised by tifosi on a website centred around Ferrari itself is beyond me. It’s like someone going onto a Manchester United football supporters site and waxing lyrical about how well Manchester City or Liverpool played last year - it wouldn’t end well.

Shock horror guys...... newsflash, Elton drives for the enemy, therefore he is the enemy

Elton’s fans here are protected by moderators to a ridiculous level, so I think all is fair in love and war. Maybe if the wide-eyed wierd ones weren’t always trying to convert everyone into Elton fanboys and banging on about him, tifosi wouldn’t feel the need to answer them back. By the way, he’s good, but he isn’t great, the car is 90% of his success, put him in the ferrari, he’d be exactly the same as Vettel, finishing BEHIND the Mercedes driven by whoever they chose to name their team leader

SimCity3 and fil like this.
  10. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Forgive my ignorance but why do you refer to Hamilton as 'Elton'?

pilotoCS likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Just a cockney-iaation of his name - drop the ham and ‘i’ in my accent sounds more like an ‘e’, hence ‘Elton ‘

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Ánd another one who just joined to tell us how great Lewis is... exactly what this forum needed
    Quit telling that the Lewis fanboys are unable to get their own forum together so they must polute others, thanks to the light moderation here it is us :(

daytona355 likes this.
  13. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    It's a Hamilton thread on "ferrarichat". We can talk about him here. Plus I believe he owns 2 la ferraris? Aperta and his own special edition?

So next you're going to tell me Alonso wasnt a good driver also and it's only the ferrari that allowed him to win?

A lot of people try to compare him to Senna, but he's more like Schumacher. Calculated, precise and knows how to win.
    I remember, they kept saying "the ferraris are over powered" back in the day, then suddenly Hakkinen was there in the mercedes.

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And again some weird mental leaps like "So next you're going to tell me Alonso wasnt a good driver also and it's only the ferrari that allowed him to win?"
    As we have not had enough of them recently...

daytona355 likes this.
  15. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Mental leaps? Honestly, I would love to see Hamilton drive for Ferrari just to prove that its not just the car, but Mercedes and Hamilton works so well together that it would be such a bad idea to break that winning formula. Maybe do a few races with Ferrari.

16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 there is great driving going on by a number of drivers. Fun to watch and see. Give credit when due and world turns lol :)

william likes this.
  17. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Hamilton >>>>> abyss >>>> Vettel.

Hamilton won the 2008 championship with Mclaren in a fierce battle with Ferrari. He then made not only a risk move but also a bold one by moving to a "new team" with no tradition and struck more 4 championships!

What Vettel has done so far? He won 4 titles when there was simply no team anywhere near Red Bull, with very average team mates. The very first talented driver who became his team mate (Riccardo) completely demolished him. Now he is being demolished by a 20-year old kid.

I had been always a Vettel supporter but the reality struck me this year: Vettel is not among the best, Hamilton is!. You can say whether or not Hamilton is better or not than Prost, Senna, Piquet, Schumacher, etc., but he is there at the same level for sure! Vettel? Just another Mansell who was lucky enough to have the best car designed by the best F1 engineer of all times when Ferrari, Mclaren, and Williams were lost.

Best thing that Sebastian can do is to honorably go into retirement and leave the seat for Hamilton to end his career at the Scuderia.

Suck it haters:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

pilotoCS likes this.
  18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I doubt this will happen is in "why should he?" Money? He has more than enough. So seriously, he will be with Mercedes as long as it takes to put his name on top of every record in F1.

SimCity3 and william like this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    That nonsense is not even worth commenting....

stavura, daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Agree

Oh brother!

william likes this.
  21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Absolutely correct.
    It's low hanging fruit to achieve great results with Mercedes.
    Look at how close Bottas is to Hamilton

22. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    I have never driven a formula 1 car, but I did a bit of karting. I was bigger and heavier than my competitiors, so they always had better "fastest" lap times, but I would still win the races. Never lost. I'm telling you, the car matters yes, but less than you think.

It's somewhat the car, but other teams have good cars also. Ferrari and Red bull has good cars, good enough that a good driver will win races. The engineers can only do so much, then it's up to the driver. The driver has a lot of input on how the car is setup, but the driver has to have the ability and the balls.

I wouldnt compare Hamilton to Senna or anyone in that era. Just because those drivers were out of this world talented.

Bottas is close to Hamilton because "You are your surroundings." If you're around fast people, you're going to be fast.
    Rosberg was a fast driver also, but Hamilton is there, and Hamilton doesn't usually miss. The precision and focus is wild... I only saw that in Schumacher in his prime.

pilotoCS likes this.
  23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Now that you tell us with your karting experience it must be true ;)
    Did you actually watch the first races? You think it is only down to the drivers that Mercedes won ALL the races in the beginning of the season? Really???
    So you say let´s put Stroll next to Hamilton and he gets fast because he is surrounded by a fast driver? We can see on Gasly how your theory works....

daytona355 likes this.
  24. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Since it's down to the manufacturer, why cant ferrari and mclaren get it right? ferrari and mclaren makes the best supercars.

the la ferrari is godlike
    the 458 is possibly one of the best ferraris ever made
    the 488 even better and refined

the p1 is amazing
    the 650s
    the 720s

theyre all considered top tier in this era of sports and super cars. Ferrari should be dominating in the turbo era with a car like the 488 gtb.
    Explain.

25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Huh???
    What does the McLaren P1 or the La Ferrari have to do with F1???
    It is getting more and more absurd here although I have to give you some brilliancy: where tesla, toil, ktu and all the other fanboys failed you explained us why the team mates of Lewis were fast as well in the same car... even this is Lewis´ achievement as it is his karma that makes them quick... brilliant, one can not make this **** up :D

daytona355 likes this.