mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 106 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    I still think (hope) that we haven't seen the REAL scoops yet.

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Wouldn't want my dream-home architect to show up in that thing.

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    :D

4. FerrariF430boy

Sep 22, 2007
    orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    gustavo
    Fun fact, the designer of the infamous Aztek also designed the Corvette C7 Stingray AND the Corvette C6.

k wright and AtSomePoint like this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    And the C8.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

jm2 likes this.
  7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    jm2 likes this.
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    thecarreaper, dwhite and normv like this.
  9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Nine! . . .

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Now that's a side scoop, just not 100% sure it's functional. But who cared back then.

11. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    rdefabri likes this.
  12. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

I like the aventador. The C7 has lots of aventador mates with F12 about it, and it works well. Derivative design can work, or just be a mishmash.

That said while the front end of the C6 is a little bland the rest is really a very nice looking vette(not like anything else)and classy design.

So far I really like the scoops on the C8, its an agressive car, maybe its overdone we'll see soon. The C8R pics look to me totaly awesome, like all that overdone stuff painted on a big canvas where it works. In any event restying a vette off the same platform is not a huge deal, the bodywork is really just cladding on the frame.

What the frame/chassis and attendant mechanical bits are, the car has the live with for a decade or more through styling iterations. If they get that part wrong/inflexible its a bust. If its designed way heavy to be a 1000hp hybrid Gt, we may never see a light(relatively) sprotscar version, but I have faith in the vette team to have designed in inherrant goodness if left to their devices. Of course as the firo debacle and allante indicate, sometimes you have to sell the car to management as somehting else to get anything approved.

Still when we look at pics of the new Maclren Gt, even in cammo the vette is by comparison a looker, and that new ferrari thing, its rear could frighten a bridge builder, talk about phoning it in..

13. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    100 % agree...

14. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #2640 jimmyb, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Cadillac cannot seem to get out of it's own way...It was laughable a couple of years ago when folks were swearing the mid-engine car would be a Cadillac. Thank goodness that was wrong.

It's time to completely overhaul Cadillac...re-do the styling, operate with some level of autonomy (hmmm....say like...Corvette does???) and make a 100% car. Cadillac has gotten the hard stuff right (handling, etc...) and then screws the pooch on the simple stuff like interior styling and material quality (especially material quality. How hard is it to buy NICER plastic?). It's very sad.

15. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Im looking forward to july 18th at 1030 pm eastern when the official reveal begins in california. It will be a world wide reveal and I believe this new c8 corvette will impress..

Nine more days

Should be a wonderful sports car ...

Of course not a ferrari, mclaren or lamborghini yet should make a hell of a daily driver and will be my forth new corvette over the past 20 years....

of2worlds and fatbillybob like this.
  16. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I have high hopes too. I'm holding off on buying a new Mustang GT for a racecar until the C8 comes out. If I'm impressed the C8 will be my new racecar. GM does not make bodies in white so I will have to kill a new streetcar...Oh well....

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I could not agree more!

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    None of that I disagree with. But it’s styling as far as I can see borrows too much from cars that came before it.

It could have looked so much better.

rdefabri likes this.
  19. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's been leaked. A smudgy photo. But it's looking great.
    We have a mid-engined sports car that you can drive every day benchmarked against a 458.
    One thing about GM... you can't deny they have been making some *ACE* chassis. I can't wait to drive this new one. It's going to be the dynamics of a Ferrari with a small block Chevy.

VAF84 and of2worlds like this.
  20. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    No doubt on chassis. GM is literally making some of the best handling vehicles around (my 2017 SS is an amazing handling car). Now...get rid of the high beltlines and spend an extra $200 on nicer interior parts!

anunakki, of2worlds and TheMayor like this.
  21. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I personally would like to see them have some attractive cars. The only ones they have are some Cadillacs and the C7 Corvette. Chevy really really needs to step their game up. I once was considering getting a Malibu and the car is so ugly that I became depressed at the thought of owning it.

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Completely agree. Overall GM styling is bland and sometimes, not very attractive.

23. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
  24. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Eight! . . .

of2worlds likes this.