FXX K/EVO ride as a passenger | FerrariChat

FXX K/EVO ride as a passenger

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Sir_Ferrari, Jul 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    I was at the Ferrari Racing Days at the Nürburgring the last weekend and have seen that some young car enthusiasts got a ride as a passenger in a FXX K/EVO etc.. How is that possible? Is there a program from Ferrari to book rides for money? Maybe some of the XX-program drivers/owners can answer my question?

Here is one example: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwAWlDRgha8/

Thank you in advance!

2. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Looks like a son of, or son of a friend of one of the fxx clients judging by that IG page. I seriously doubt anyone with the cash to call themselves an fxx client can be arsed selling rides!

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    The owner can invite people to ride with them. Most of the time they bring a friend or family member. The passenger goes to a table setup by Ferrari to get a helmet and race suit and then they jump in the car with the owner. I think passengers must be 18 and the owner has to get them set up for the ride using a special card to get the helmet and race suit.

Sir_Ferrari likes this.
  4. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    That is all correct. The passenger also needs to sign a waiver.

In this particular instance, that's a determined and unhesitant "fan" who shows up at Corse Clienti events and tries his luck persuading drivers for rides. Apparently that works well enough for him.

fbrs2 likes this.
  5. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    I think I have to ask some FXX K/EVO owners the next time! :D

6. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    People know the right people. A friend of mine is close to an owner here in Tx and got very up close with his example at COTA when the Evo. package debuted.

7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Sure looks like a fun ride. He wasn't babying it either.