Florence Italy Restaurant Suggestions? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Florence Italy Restaurant Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by NbyNW, Jul 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Agree. there are places in Firenza that have smaller cuts.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Even so its a lot of meat for one person. Its like Chateaubriand. You really need two.

4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks for all the comments! And I got lots of tips from this thread:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/question-about-rome.587670/

We’re going to a wedding outside Turin. Flying to Rome, rental car, Modena, Maranello, Ristorante Montana, Ferrari Museums, Lamborghini tour, on to Turin for a few days, Florence for a couple days, train back to Rome and fly home. Most reservations are set and most everything is from suggestions from F-chat.

Can’t wait for dinner looking over Florence and dinner at da Enzo in Rome. Plus lots of others!

absostone likes this.
  5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

absostone likes this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Oh and one more thing do not pass up any antipasto (appetizer) made from wild boar , I dont even know what to say ,my family went nuts for it. When we got to Bologna after Firenza we had it every night. I mean unreal. Grotta has a great one

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Me too.

absostone likes this.
  8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Got it... One suggestion was pizza with wild boar and local cheese:
    https://www.labussolafirenze.com/

absostone likes this.
  9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes its been said that da Enzo is great. We did the Lambo tour last july. really changed my mind about Fcar care towards customer service. The staff at Lamborghini were excellent . When we were at the leather station the Lady made a blue leather swatch embossed with the Lambo logo for my boy. I cried inside. The guide actually held us up for a few minutes so we could watch the engine installation into a Aventador, man what a trip. we did 7 cities in 12 days. best souvenir was a ticket from commune de Bologna. not bad for 400 plus Kilometers. Worth it!!

NbyNW likes this.
  10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    And Prenotare is your friend, Reservations rule in Italy, you could always cancel if the Hotel recommends somewhere else. But careful they don't get a kickback, happened to me in Venice in 05

NbyNW likes this.
  12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That’s a great story. Can’t wait to see the Lamborghini side of things. No personal Ferrari now so we can’t do the factory tour. I went with a new NSX so I need to visit the PMC in Ohio next.

13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ive been eyeballing the NSX lately

14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

absostone likes this.
  15. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Good stuff . I will be there next week w my son , same cities.

absostone and NbyNW like this.
  16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Safe travels, eat well! Let us know how it goes.

absostone likes this.
  17. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Sorry to veer off topic but we did manage to get a seating at Francescana at Maria Luigia in Modena.
    And of course have to get to Ristorante Montana.

In Rome we are going to Ambasciata d'Abruzzo (a local favorite from several years ago)

Still have to find restaurants for 1 night in Rome, 2 in Florence and 2 in Milan.

18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    where are you staying in Rome?

19. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    If you were asking me, Grand Hotel Flora on via Veneto

20. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

We went through Costco Travel - flights, transfers, train from Florence back to Rome, and hotels in Rome and Florence. They don't do anything in the northwest of Italy, or with rental cars there, so after arriving and staying a night in Rome we're on our own (until in Florence). Pick up the car and drive to Modena / Maranello then on to Turin. In Florence drop off the car and back with the Costco itinerary. Costco Travel was great to work with and their prices seem really good. Plus 2% back.

In Rome we are staying at the Hotel d’Inghilterra.
    https://www.starhotelscollezione.com/en/our-hotels/hotel-d-inghilterra-rome/

In Florence we are staying at The St. Regis Florence. Hertz for car drop off is a block away.
    https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/flrxr-the-st-regis-florence/

21. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    We are staying at St Regis Florence also

NbyNW likes this.
  22. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    We just spent 9 days at the St. Regis in Florence and its a great hotel and a great location. We were able to walk almost everywhere, including some great dinners. We also hired a fantastic private tour guide and a driver (for trips to Maranello, Bologna, Cinque Terre, and Modena). They really made the trip easy and memorable for us, but were not inexpensive. Happy to provide the contact info if interested. We also ate at most of the Michelin Star restaurants in Florence with mixed results. Our favorites ended up being the casual local places.

NbyNW likes this.
  23. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    What's the name of that little hole in the wall take out drinks bar? I'll come up with it.

24. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Roma - Vecchia Roma in Piazza Campitelli
    Firenza - See above
    Milano - La Brisa and Solferino

Alcav5 likes this.
  25. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Great to hear. All costs were wrapped up in the Costco deal so hard to break out the exact amount. It was a slight bump from others, even The Westin right across the square. Glad we made a good choice. And we tend to find small spots too, but we have made some reservations. And sure, send me the contact info. A nice tour of Florence would be nice. Think we'll be done with day trips.