Testarossa: Exhaust sound vs engine sound | FerrariChat

Testarossa: Exhaust sound vs engine sound

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by AxerJk, Jul 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    We first hooked a mic near the exhaust, and then over the engine cover. You can hear the difference in sound here:

ozziindaus and Parnelli like this.
  2. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Good work Chris

3. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Thank you!

Chris

4. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Again, why take it past 4000 to listen to the good 12 cylinder exhaust note. You are tearing the **** out of the motor revving it that high
    when it is not under load (in gear).

5. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    we heard you twice the first time.

6. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    It's a shame I had to say it once. There isn't a mouse running inside a wheel for an engine in your car. You want to abuse
    it that is your business, I'm just trying to educate you about these engines so you don't end up with a 25,000 dollar repair bill.
    Don't believe me, keep it up. Trying to help

7. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    A lot of exotic car owners know very little about the mechanical's of their car. It may seem fun to rev your car up and pretend its a
    formula one car but if you ever watch formula one you will notice all of that high revving is when the car is going and the driveline
    has a load on the motor. No car engine can stand free revs to 6000+ rpms for very long without sticking a rod through the block.
    The boxer engine is just the same. The engine redline can be approached with the engine in gear without excessive abuse to the motor.
    It was never engineered to do it in neutral. I have built racing engines for 40 years. You don't want to see the end result of that kind of abuse.
    Just trying to help those that care about taking care of their car. You are certainly free to ignore me. : )

Themaven and turbo-joe like this.