My father passed away recently. Photos of his classic Ferraris. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

My father passed away recently. Photos of his classic Ferraris.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 4thGen, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks again for this wonderful thread honoring your dad so well.

My golf balls must have been magnetized by water hazards and my telescopic picker upper got far more use than any club in my bag so don't feel bad:D

Texas Forever and 4thGen like this.
  2. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Speechless.

Undeniably a gentleman with exquisite taste. RIP.

4thGen likes this.
  3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Sorry to hear about your father. That said, his taste and acumen towards the Horse will likely live on with you forever, and that's what memories are all about.

Whatever you buy, enjoy it. One of my good friends who's in his early 80's, shared this with me last week. He saved all his bonus checks for a year, and when he hit $3500, coupled with his late 50's Ford DD on trade, he went and bought this XK150. Then, moved from NJ to AZ with his wife and all their belongings, with their 2 month old child he made a "car seat" for in the back between the rear "seats". So, while you may be joking with your wife, anything is possible :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever, 4thGen and gt4me like this.
  4. JRM1961

JRM1961 Rookie

Jan 27, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jeffery R. Maynard
    Sorry for the loss of your father and thank you so much for sharing his amazing array of Ferrari's. The stories he must have had and I love the fact that he drove them as intended!!! Well done...

5. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    My condolences upon the passing of your father, and thank you for sharing all these wonderful photos!

The cab with the german shephard in post #41 likely is 250GT cabriolet 1961GT, a Meade conversion with perspex covered headlights.

The racing car on trailer in post #61 is 0604M probably on it's way to Sebring in 1970 where it appeared in a parade labeled as "Overall Winner Sebring 1956".

The Lennep-Lins 917 test car of Porsche-Audi team of US likely is from Sebring 1970 too. I'd also bundle the three photos from FCA gathering likely being taken at the same time as they also share the same 3-71 print stamp.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

lgs, Booker, G. Pepper and 6 others like this.
  6. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

My condolences, thank you for sharing all those pics and memories.

Wow, your father was a true tifosi!

Warm regards,

7. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    Condolences on the loss of your father.....absolutely awesome thread/pictures....thanks for sharing...

4thGen likes this.
  8. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Condolences on your loss. This is one of the best threads on f-chat! Amazing history and pics.

LARRYH, Texas Forever and 4thGen like this.
  9. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    Condolences for your loss,
    I am sure your father is next to Enzo looking down and smiling on you :)
    Wonderful life experience for both father and son
    Bravo!!

4thGen likes this.
  10. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I'm very sorry for your loss, this post is a great memorial for your dad and your shared love of Ferraris - thank you.

Kid seats can fit in sports cars - I used a rear facing infant seat in the passenger seat of a Miata for my daughter, then a toddler seat, then a booster seat; here's a local F430 with a toddler seat fitted at a cars and coffee event 2 weeks ago:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH, Themaven, Lusso123 and 2 others like this.
  11. LifePainter

LifePainter Rookie

Apr 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Bartholomew
    A repaired , altered and edited photo from the group, that I did today. Very nice cars and photos. thank you for sharing.

12. JP Manor

JP Manor Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Agoura Hills / Malibu
    Full Name:
    JP Manor
    I browsed this thread on the day you posted it and have been thinking about how awesome it was ever since.

LARRYH, Texas Forever and 4thGen like this.
  13. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Does anyone recognize the location of these two photos? Both cars were living in Hudson Valley region in New York at the time, so might be there somewhere. The SWB is 2251GT and I cannot recognize the PF Coupe for the moment, but can't recall ever seeing a period roll bar in one before!

Attached Files:

• ss4.jpg
      ss4.jpg
      File size:
      37.8 KB
      Views:
    lgs likes this.
  14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thank you for the amazing pictures and thread, and deepest condolences about your father, who sounds like the kind of man all men should be. It's hard to imagine which Ferraris someone like him would own now.

Your dilemma about the baby seats is shared by many of us! You are of course talking about two-seater Ferraris. It would be quite a ride in the frunk. (and a tad warm..). A couple of years ago, in the Boxer/TR forum, we noted a F512M for sale in Germany with a fitted front-facing child seat on the little shelf behind the seats - it sat behind the passenger seat, with the passenger seat ratcheted forward. The car had the carbon race seats, in black and red, and the child seat was in the same colours. I remember this because my own F512M has the same carbon seats and pondered sourcing the child seat briefly for my daughter.

But this would probably be illegal as well as unsafe. Your Libeskind frunk solution sounds much better!

4thGen likes this.
  15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I wholeheartedly agree... condolences on your fathers passing. Fantastic memories that you have and are able to share. Thanks for the opportunity to share them with your family

4thGen and G. Pepper like this.
  16. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Mr. Tucker,

Welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear of your father's passing.

You have a wonderful treasure in those pictures. Thank you for sharing.

I hope you can join us soon at some of the Atlanta area Ferrari Club events. They're usually posted in the regional "South Central" forum.

All the best to you,

Steve Drabant

4thGen and Texas Forever like this.
  17. LifePainter

LifePainter Rookie

Apr 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Bartholomew

18. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Beautiful collection of photos. They are so evocative of the time and place. It's funny to think that all the photos that we take at the spur of the moment on any day of the week will one day be looked at through the filter of 50+ years and will be met with the same nostalgic feeling we are experiencing as we look at these.

I think the picture of the 275 with the chain link fence and the mundane cars in the background with litter all over the place is probably my favorite. We are now so used to seeing a car like this all spiffed up and in posh pampered environments. It is almost cognitive dissonance to see a car like this in such an alternate setting.

Thank you so much for posting this glimpse back in time. A very fitting tribute to your father.

19. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    My daughters been riding in a booster seat in my Modena since she was 5, when I got the car.
    As long as it isn’t your only car, it’s not a problem. This year is her first without the booster seat.

4thGen, Texas Forever and Smiles like this.
  20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Holy smokes look at the F1 car on the trailer, at that meet!!

Has to be an FCA National, maybe!

Welcome and as others have said condolences on your loss.
    This is indeed one heck of a First Thread post!

Welcome, and Muiras sneak in here, pretty regularly....LOL!

4thGen likes this.
  21. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    My condolences. And welcome to F Chat.

I want to especially thank you for sharing with us. It's very nice of you.

4thGen likes this.