Would you rather 458+599 / F12? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would you rather 458+599 / F12?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TChan801, Apr 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I personally have never been much of a fan of the 599. It's nice, but its it feels like driving an ironing board. Fast as hell, and it handles well, but its chassis gets annoying after a while. It just feels unsettled all the time.

The 550, I could drive for days on end.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Modena_2003

Modena_2003 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2008
    Saudi.Arabia / London
    Full Name:
    Moe Al-Bayat
    I’ve had both the 458 and the 599 at the same time and I’m telling you that you won’t regret. Different experience and more fun.

TChan801 likes this.
  3. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Maybe this thread has some more life.

I had a 599 and loved it very much. So I'm partial to it. ... I loved the driving experience every rime. And I did long trips. Florida to the mountains of North Carolina, to NYC and back. And daily drove it.

The 458 is a very beautiful car IMO.

And I don't like the F12 styling that much. I don't care for the rear bumper. And the flanks seem contrived, which they were. While the buttresses on the 599 seem elegant to me. Just my opinion.

I also like having more cars. So you know I'd prefer 458 + 599.

Modena_2003 likes this.
  4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Two f-cars beat the one f-car experience. Especially with those models. Pick your favorite duo...

I’d go F355 and f12 personally...

Robb

GTS Bruce likes this.
  5. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Two is better than one. Nice to have “key” choices. :D

TChan801 likes this.
  6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’ve been really eyeing a 599 after driving one back to back vs an F12 through the canyons.
    I personally lovvee the 599 over the F12. The 599 felt more visceral with the SCT and handled amazingly well for a big car. The F12 was a bit too refined for my taste.
    I’d like an HGTE to supplement my S and 16M. But the ultimate would be a GTO!

Sent from my 16M

daytona355 and TChan801 like this.
  7. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Easy choice here as I have a 599 and am partial (don't particularly like the lines of F12, too many lines and too busy imo). Two for one is always a good and smart choice as they offer different feels/perspectives/souls. That is my mantra as I have a flat 6, pushrod V8, supercharged V8, 2 flat plane V8's, V12, twin turbo V12, turbo in-line 6. I love all my children..LOL.

Gotta love your Gojira...hopefully, I will be fitting that twin turbo V6 in my garage soon!

TChan801 likes this.
  8. TChan801

TChan801 Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Hong Kong
    I must say this forum has been fantastic, so much feedback from people who also have the experience with these cars. I guess I am playing a game of fantasy garage collection and have been juggling the ideas of many cars recently too: Porsche 991 GT3, Mercedes AMG GTS, tuning the GTR even more; and I think it has come down to this: 458+599 gets my vote

I will also want a small manual fun car and a decent family car, currently thinking of E46 M3/M2 competition, and F10 M5 (the S Class i have is a little too big for the roads and car parks of HK).

I will keep everyone posted as and when I make progress, in the meantime I am looking to sell my R35 GTR to make way for the 458 first :)

9. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I think if you get the 458 first you may not need the 599. 458 is exciting early Sunday morning on the twisties and also good in Midlevels traffic. 599 only makes sense as a long distance high speed GT which you may not be doing by the sounds of it. I’d get the 458 first then see. Of course it’s not a V12 but..I live in HK part time and I would definitely take a V8 midengined Ferrari over a modern V12 there. Why not just get a Speciale?