Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 67 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chrlsstyles

chrlsstyles Formula 3

Jun 29, 2004
    Does anyone know the VIN structure?

2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1653 noone1, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    1. The SF90 isn't faster around Fiorana. Those times are fake. Notice how every model is exactly .5s quicker than the previous thing? LF Fiorano time is on Pzeros from 2014. The SF90 time is likely on Cup2 (R) from 2019.

2. I didn't say it's trivial to stick a different engine in a completed car. That would be like saying it's trivial for Ferrari to still a TT W16 from the Chiron in the SF90. Obviously it's not trivial because the car was design with only a limited amount of space for everything. You can't just stick a completely different engine in it. What I said is trivial is designing a TT V8 with 800 hp in the first place.

3. You really misunderstand the exotic car industry and how they deliver product specs. Do you think active aero is a new development? Nope, it's existed on airplanes and all sorts of crap for ages. 800 hp TT engines? Nothing new either, they've known how to make these very good for a long time. You fail to realize that there is a plateau for performance. Time only goes to 0 in any performance metric but the business has to last seemingly forever. Manufacturers ration their performance developments so that they can sell the next car. Imagine if Porsche made the standard 911 (which is turbo now) 600 hp. Then what? Then they'd have to make the next one 650 hp and then the new "Turbo" 800 hp, and then... they're just making it harder on themselves later by pushing performance gains to quickly. Every manufacturer is aware that there is only a limited amount of performance that they can every offer. They want to extend that date as far into the future as possible.

The point is merely that the products you get are not the result of some new discovery in technology or being so far ahead of the pack. They are the result of business plans that try to maximize sales over time. Sometimes though someone breaks the mold to get a jump start and then it forces everyone to bring plans forward sooner. Ferrari certainly is not happy about the SF90 being 1000 hp already. They jumped about 500 hp in 9 years. They leap frogged the power of their halo car in 5 years. This was not in the plans, but McLaren need to somehow gain traction and decided to crank the boost and voila, now everyone needs more power.

Tuners don't have to abide by any of this and it's why they can actually quite reliably pump huge power out of cars with very little effort. 1000 hp TT Lamborghinis are super reliable and have existed for like 10 years now. Will they last as long as a stock exotic? Probably not, but then again, exotics barely get driven so how bad could it really be?

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I'm really amazed by your global knowledge..

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    May 2019 launch:
    ZFF95NMB000245200 red.
    ZFF95NMB000245493 yellow.
    ZFF95NMB000245682 silver.

Marcel Massini

Terzeus1, chrlsstyles and of2worlds like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1656 paulchua, Jul 4, 2019
    That’s quite a serious charge, tell me how I can get in the class action lawsuit. More interesting to me is how you were able to get this evidence. Are you at liberty to disclose?

I know, so trivial McLaren, Lamborghini, and Ferrari have not done it yet. You make it clear you have deep information on the triviality of it, have you contemplated sharing the trivialness of it at scale to said companies? Would love for a chance to invest in your new paradigm that upends the industry.

I apologize for my lack of understanding of the exotic car industry. But please clarify, your paragraph above is contradictory. You said all manufactures sand bag, yet bring up the SF90 as example that defeats your very thesis (which means you now agree with me, great, it’s a credit to you that you have an open mind.)

Just curious if you feel the Demon and Chiron heavily sandbagged as well? What are your thoughts on The latest Mustang waving the HP war flag? (Or do you have inside knowledge that it is a rouse as well, it really is a machiavellian under rating.)

Is Bugatti done? Is Tesla done? Do emissions also no longer matter?

Exotics barely get driven? I’m sure some, but my friends and I drive them quite a bit, and heaven forbid they have only a 10 year life span. I apologize, when I see the selling price of these tuned cars, they usually are sold at a steep discount a decade later, and unmolested stock variants are the exact opposite. I will take your reliability point into mind the next time I see a 10 year old+ heavily tuned exotic at a deep cut in price.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1657 paulchua, Jul 4, 2019
    It is one of the benefits of fchat, we often meet experts that almost seem to literally ‘know it all’. My hope is noone1 allows me to participate in some way to a practical application of his points, I see much money to be made.

showme1946, 4_Eff_Sake and jpalmito like this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Oh yes , i am also ready to pay to learn from him !

ferrarifanatic25 and paulchua like this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Exactly, I mean 1000 hp v8 with the same reliability, cost, drivability, fuel consumption, fuel type compatibility, maintenance requirements, and logistical overhead?

I mean that’s awesome.

Hers the kicker, he knows how to roll out it all out as if it were a trivial upgrade.

I am the first to sign up as an angel investor. I can get him in touch with Elon Musk (no really) since he must also have paradigm changing aspects for electrical engines as well.

My only hope is he overlooks my lack of understanding of the exotic industry.

showme1946 and jpalmito like this.
  9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just to clarify, you believe these times are legit, right? Nothing suspicious about these times and how they compare to each other?

Ferrari must have some amazing engineers to be about to finish nearly every lap on .50 or .00

LOL. Hook line and sinker into the marketing machine.

1. Ferrari SF90 Stradale unknown 1:19.00
    2. Ferrari LaFerrari Raffaele De Simone 1:19.70
    3. Ferrari F12 TDF unknown 1:21.00
    4. Ferrari 488 Pista unknown 1:21.50
    5. Ferrari 812 Superfast unknown 1:21.50
    6. Ferrari F8 Tributo unknown 1:22.50
    7. Ferrari 488 GTB unknown 1:23.00
    8. Ferrari F12 Berlinetta unknown 1:23.00
    9. Ferrari 458 Speciale unknown 1:23.50
    10. Ferrari 458 Speciale A unknown 1:23.50
    11. Ferrari 599 GTO unknown 1:24.00
    12. Ferrari Enzo unknown 1:24.90
    13. Ferrari 458 Italia unknown 1:25.00

tekaefixe and skinguy23 like this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    6 years, but who is counting? :D
    The catch though is that the full 1000 CV is available only up to 210 kph and after that the front motors disconnect, leaving the car with about 840 CV. The LF will be a lot quicker about 200 kph.

paulchua likes this.
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Indeed , but in real life it's the 0-100-200 kph range the most useful one.
    SF90 stradale will be a monster on medium speed mountains roads

paulchua and BarryK like this.
  12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Depends on the road/track.

13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

We can't consider the stradale as a track car because it's too heavy.
    I see it more as a super GT car.
    A rear mid engine 812 superfast like .

tekaefixe, Bundy and paulchua like this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I do not subscribe to this logic. Even 5-tonne trucks are racing machines (http://www.fiaetrc.com/teams). There is nothing to indicate the the Stradale won't be a good track car; quite the opposite.

perrinnation and paulchua like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Hope you are right , time will tell.

paulchua likes this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1667 paulchua, Jul 4, 2019
    Yes, each new car is actually slower then the previous gen. You see each new car that comes out is actually slower then the previous model.

I agree, this chart should be inverted. The F8? Slower then the 458, The TDF? Slower then a regular F12. In fact, the 458 is actually the fastest car, and the SF90? Slowest.

The true mystery to me is why reviewers have not seen this play out in tracks outside Fiorano?

In all seriousness, of course the lap times are presented through a marketing lens. But to claim the SF90 won’t be comparable in performance to the LaF and that it is a lie, that’s quite a charge. Could people find the lap times are waaay slower then a LaF when it comes out? Sure! I just rather wait to see until making proclamations.

jpalmito likes this.
  17. ggbh8

ggbh8 Rookie

Jul 18, 2011
    Patras, Greece
    Full Name:
    George
    Just found this clip on YouTube. Apologies if it has been posted before.

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    elmadi and miurasv like this.
  19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Thanks for sharing. Does anyone have outdoor photos of the Grigio Ferro launch car? The only one I've seen is the portrait of all three beside each other at Fiorano.

jamesdouglas1436 and of2worlds like this.
  20. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    This looks more than ugly.

jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  21. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Just this Grigio Ferro Stradale view the day after the big intro party, again at Fiorano >

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Marc Gene is the 'driver' here :)