Becker Mexico Cassette | FerrariChat

Becker Mexico Cassette

Discussion in '308/328' started by DSTP, Mar 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DSTP

DSTP Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    MD
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What an interesting radio for its time, image that a Wonder Bar - Automatic seeking. The radio seems to work well with tuning in stations manually or selective tuning but it seems when i use the Wonder Bar it only wants to go in one direction, turn the tuning knob back and the Wonder Bar works again. Does anyone know why it would only work in one direction? Thanks for your help.

2. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Becker uses a solenoide to reset the bar to the most left start position after it reaches the most right end position. There are a few possible causes:

1. The solenoide is broken.
    2. The switch which activates the solenoide is dirty.
    3. The supply doesn't have enough current to activate the solenoide.
    4. Bad solder joint (large currents and lots of vibrations can cause this).

In case 3 the radio stops working at the end of the scale. Case 2 is most likely the problem.

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I'm not sure if he has it, but there's a guy on both eBay and eBid - Rafael Uerdaz aka: "vintagedeptstores" - that sells original repair manuals for vintage radios. I picked up a Blaupunkt CR-4090 manual from him. This manual has all of the wiring schematics and troubleshooting guides and I'm sure it would be the same for other Blaupunkt models as well (if he has one for the Mexico radio)...

4. ronc52

ronc52 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Does anyone know if this radio was a factory radio in a 72 Ferrari?