Chantilly Concours June 30 2019 | FerrariChat

Chantilly Concours June 30 2019

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Nembo1777, Jun 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Time for a thread on the grandest concours in the world bar none, I will be there all day Sunday and look forward to seeing many of you.

Actress Margot Robbie will add a bit of glamour and Simon Pagenaud will be much congratulated for his fantastic and historic Indy 500 win, the first by a Frenchman in a century.

https://www.lepoint.fr/montres/montres-star/margot-robbie-et-simon-pagenaud-au-chantilly-arts-elegance-27-06-2019-2321407_2909.php

If you drive up from Paris Sunday morning stay on the autoroute two further exits and then drive back south to Chantilly thus avoiding the most expensive traffic jam in the world.

When I gave Mick Walsh editor of Classic & Sportscar a ride a couple of years ago he said it was the best concours he had attended.

Can't wait!

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    0063 S will make an appearance at Chantilly this Sunday.
    This was originally a rare one-off 166 Inter Stabilimenti Farina Cabriolet which has led a very hard life, lost its original engine and entire bodywork, the original chassis got heavily modified, the car was poorly customised into a "166 Spider Corsa", then later into a "166 Barchetta Touring".
    The new Belgian owners in 2014 sent the car straight to Ferrari Classiche who during the past five years had an entirely new car built using the same chassis number 0063 S. It has a brand new engine, a new gearbox, a new rear axle, an entirely new body which was remanufactured based on approximately 15 black-white period photographs. A monumental task for Classiche. The new car was finally picked up earlier this week and it will be shown at Chantilly on Sunday. The original 0063 S was shown 5-15 October 1950 by Paul Vallée's Autoval of Paris during the 37th Annual Paris Motor Show held at the Grand Palais in Paris, France. Thereafter 0063 S was shown 13-24 January 1951 by Automobiles Richard of Limal-Brussels at the 34th Brussels Motor Show, held at the Palais du Centenaire in Brussels, Belgium. And then 8-18 March 1951 chassis #0063 S was shown by Chinetti & Plisson at the 21st Annual Geneva Motor Show held at the Plain de Plainpalais in Geneva, Switzerland. In Geneva it was sold to Baron Emmanuel „Toulo“ De Graffenried, race driver and owner of Garage Italauto SA, domiciled in Lausanne, Switzerland. He re-sold it to Charles-Edmond Tocchio, resident in Petit-Saconnex (Geneva), Switzerland. Tocchio raced 0063 S at least twice, first at the 30 August 1953 Col de la Faucille hillclimb in France, entered by Ecurie La Meute Genève. And then in September 1953 at the Kilomètre d'Eaumorte near Geneva. Dutch dealer Rob de la Rive Box, resident in Switzerland, found the badly damaged car in 1968 on the scrapyard of Rudolf Senn in Besenbüren, Switzerland, bought it and re-sold it to Bernard Worth in the UK. Worth had the car rebodied to resemble a Spider Corsa. Later the project went to Chris Stewart and on to Michael Campbell-Bowling, then to Bob Fergus, on loan to the Harrah Collection, then Donald K. Nelson, and thereafter thru the hand of many dealers and brokers. In 2000 a Barchetta Touring replica body was built and painted deep blue. It last used engine 025 S.

Here's a photo of the remanufactured 0063 S this week in Italy.
    Photo supplied by the owner.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

olivier, of2worlds, trkevin and 2 others like this.
  3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    What a convoluted life! Look fwd to seeing it.

Here the Chantilly entries:

https://www.chantillyartsetelegance.com/language/fr/concours-etat/

Note that on top of that there are the club displays and the French Ferrari club usually has about 50 cars with quite a few classics then there are other classic F's to be seen a bit everywhere mixed in with other club displays.

4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    So, a replica in other words!

wbaeumer, Nembo1777 and turbo-joe like this.
  5. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Interesting. Thank you for posting. What has now happened to the modified 0063 S and 025 S engine?

6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    That is the car in the photo and the one that will be shown Sunday at Chantilly.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  7. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Sorry if my question was confusing. I meant what has happened to the original(???!!!!) car, with the comprehensive history as you posted, and 025 S engine, that was supplied straight to Ferrari Classiche in 2014 by the new Belgian owners?

8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Ferrari Classiche, with the remains of the original 0063 S manufactured the car pictured in post #2.
    Here's a pic of the chassis number stamping taken at the time the car had the "Replica Touring Barchetta" body on it.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  9. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    The title of this thread got me all excited, but this ain't Chantilly, VIRGINIA. Shucks.:(

tomberlin and of2worlds like this.
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    No sorry, it is the real city of Chantilly and I am driving tomorrow from near the real Macon to near the real Paris where the real Chan...you get the drift; no replica cars or cities;-)

375+ and Bluebottle like this.
  11. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    Thanks for the story of this rebirth.
    Obviuosly the car is pictured on pages 288-289 of the excellent "Making a difference"..

We can also see some period photos in BW here : https://www.coachbuild.com/2/index.php/encyclopedia/coachbuilders-models/item/stabilimenti-farina-ferrari-166-inter-cabriolet-063s-1950

On this picture, is it the hillclimb of La Faucille ?

of2worlds and Nembo1777 like this.
  12. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    I also found these old and very damaged photos from the Brussels Motor Show. We see in particular the young king Baudouin examining with interest this strange Ferrari (cop. unknow) !
    These photos were found more than 10 years ago in an abandoned binder in the old Richard Garage buildings.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    of2worlds and etienne like this.
  14. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
  15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Sadly it conflicts with my daughter's graduation up in the north of England, but I would like to attend one year. I spent a few days there on my way back from the 50th. in Maranello last year. Great place!

of2worlds and Nembo1777 like this.
  17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    A beautifully done Peter Auto video about Sunday, in French but very easy on the eyes, as is the Mademoiselle behind the microphone.

Timmmmmmmmmmy, turbo-joe and 375+ like this.
  18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Wonderful, thanks for posting Marc.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  19. david grace

david grace Rookie

Feb 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    david grace cruz
  20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    342 America #0232 AL.
    See also my book "Ferrari by Vignale", published 1992 by Giorgio Nada Editore in Milan.

Marcel Massini

david grace and readplays like this.
  21. david grace

david grace Rookie

Feb 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    david grace cruz
    thanks Mr massini, the ferrari 342 is one of my weaknesses, I don't know it too much