F40 GTE Enkei wheels | FerrariChat

F40 GTE Enkei wheels

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by StartedFromTheBottom, Jun 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
  2. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    #2 luigisayshello, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Back ones maybe, front ones no way.
    Actually there might be a way, you have to change the barrels for corrected sized ones. I would imagine bbs would be a good option or just commission them, not hard to do it right.

3. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Even the back wheels will likely need to be machined. The pins that hold the wheel against the upright are different on the road car to GTE. You're right about the front; no way, GTE track is 60mm wider and the front wheel is 11.5'' wide! Much easier to get wheels made to fit than try and fit 'real' GTE wheels IMO.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    I know bbs has 2 piece wheels that fit. If OP can find a barrel that fits both the body and the enkei center he is sorted.

5. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    I'm not sure what you mean by the barrel but if they are the full width 11.5'' fronts I'd be really surprised if they would fit under OEM/street bodywork. Mine fit under the wider 'LM' clip with only mm to spare

6. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    A barrel -> https://images.app.goo.gl/m7Q4DwJ8UqbRRSqN8
    Enkei is a 2 piece wheel. If he can find a barrel combination that can fit the centres and fit the car he can fit the wheels, just not 100% of them, just the centres.

7. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Ah yes sorry, i see what you mean now.

8. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Way too many variables to do that, the bare centre itself will have an offset, and may not have enough metal for it to be machined away, the outer bolt pattern of the BBS and Enkei barrels will probably be different as could be the mounting method of such, then as fbrs2 has pointed out, the mounting points around the centre lock that fit into the wheel have a different pcd on the LM Evo hubs to those of a road version.

Lastly why ruin a rare set of period race wheels, when a set of copies to road car spec could easily be cnc machined these days by a company like Image etc

fbrs2 likes this.
  9. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    I agree 100%. (FWIW the OZ GTE wheels are 11,5x18" ET 10,5 and 13x18" ET 18,6 for reference)

10. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    They are not 1 piece, they are a 2 piece, like bbs e88, that are easily rebuildable. Only offset is a doubt. But if they fit big brakes of lm they will fit stock f40.

11. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I know that, hence why I mentioned the barrels. Actually they are 3 piece, the bare centre, the outer barrel and the inner barrel. I have owned/own and rebuilt many 3 piece BBS and Dymag wheels.

Its an expensive guess to buy them in the hope all the issues identified in my post could be ironed out.