DIY Ferrari 360 Titanium Oil & Dipstick Cap | FerrariChat

DIY Ferrari 360 Titanium Oil & Dipstick Cap

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bonefingah, Feb 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bonefingah

Bonefingah Rookie

Sep 10, 2018
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Linch
    After too much time-wasting, trying to find an aftermarket 360 Titanium Oil and dipstick cap, I decided to DIY it. This thread is created with the hopes that it will help and/or motivate someone else with similar desires...

I started buy buying two F430 Titanium fuel caps from the local Ferrari dealer and who would have EVER thought to get a bangin' deal at the dealer?! 100 Euro plus tax a piece which amounts to about $150 each. The most inexpensive one on eBay is $490 so yay for me.

Part number is: 70001217

I made one for the Power Steering cap as well and will post a link below.

- Remove the clip from the 430 fuel cap and disassemble it, until only the titanium and aluminum parts remain.

- Dremel out the protruding aluminum bits until the titanium cap is as bare on the inside as possible.

- Dremel off all the aluminum bumps on the outside of the original cap and lay over the titanium cap in order to eyeball how much more of the original cap you’ll need to shave off.

- Continue this until the original cap falls into the new titanium cap and bottoms out.

- Thread the original cap back onto your car oil reservoir and mark the top (so you can ensure the "Cavallino" is prancing upright).

- Hand-fit everything to make sure it's ready for the irreversible gluing step.

- Glue the old cap into the new cap, using industrial strength, high(er) temperature-rated glue and ensuring “up” is indexed properly.

- Drink victory cocktail/have sex with former prom queen.

I hope this helped someone.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck and Manda racing like this.
  2. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’ve been searching for an oil cap to no avail— I may try this. Certainly adds class to engine compartment.

The only time I’ve seen one is on a Scud at Long Beach gran Prix.

3. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Good post....although I may skip it all and go directly to your last step.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bonefingah likes this.
  4. Bonefingah

Bonefingah Rookie

Sep 10, 2018
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Linch
    Share pics if able!

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Brave! I missed this when you first posted but well done man! I did some slight modes to an oil cap when I made a matching cap for my power steering fluid resevoir but it was much easier and not the Ti ones just the "plain" metal one.