For Sale - 2009 612 OTO 29K mi, $137,750 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2009 612 OTO 29K mi, $137,750

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by greybeast, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    VIN - ZFFJB54A790166271

I am saddened to say I am putting my Ferraris up for sale. It isn’t all bad, as I’m raising capital for a business venture. With any luck, I’ll be able to buy them back soon enough.

This is my 2009 612 OTO. I purchased this beast in October 2016 with about 26,000 miles on it and it is now at a little over 29,000 and counting, though since the snow began It’s been sleeping under its blanket. I put about 1,000 miles a year on both my 612 and my 355. I am the third owner. The first owner had it for a couple of months, then the second owner kept it from 2009 through 2016. I am offering it for $137,750.

Most shoppers already know this, but the OTO is a pretty rare find, with probably about 80 examples produced between 2008 and 2011, and only 29 in this model year, 2009. They are the last of the pure, rear-wheel drive, front-engine 4 seat Ferraris, and a rolling piece of art.

The major differences between the OTO and the Gen-I 612s are:

· F-1 Superfast Sequential Manual transmission with dual-plate clutch and the same shift logic as the 599.

· Revised engine management software

· Manettino switch on the steering wheel, which customizes suspension, transmission and traction control settings to the driver’s preference.

· Electro-chromatic Glass Roof, which adjusts tint by a knob on the console

· Upgraded exhaust (somewhere between the base exhaust and the HGT2 exhaust sound)

· Each model was custom-curated for an individual customer and built to spec. These were not allocated to dealerships and then sold.

The 612 engine has the reputation for being bulletproof and loves being driven. Mileage may be higher than many examples but then again this is a car you can stick your family and bags in and drive 400 miles without blinking an eye. I didn’t buy it to be a museum piece, as that’s not its recommended use anyway.

Everything works as it should, including Infotainment system, all gauges and display, electro-chromatic roof, cruise control, power seat/memory, home link, backup camera.

I have all keys, tools, covers, charger, literature, service records from new, VIP book with leather case, original window sticker.

Car is located in Long Island

Original MSRP: $343,845

There are a couple of issues that commonly need to be addressed in 612s. I have addressed these:

· Fuel tank rollover valves replaced with upgraded units

· Ball joints have been upgraded to Hill Engineering Units in all 4 corners

· Manifold coolant lines updated

Some issues that need to be addressed:

· Minor dash leather shrinkage only visible from the outside of the car (It has not changed since I’ve owned the car and it never bothered me, so I left it alone)

· A bit of curb rash to the front bumper / spoiler because I actually drive this car.

· Last major service was completed 2014, so depending on the schedule you follow, it is due in either 2019 or 2021

· These issues are already reflected in the asking price.

Prior to my purchase, I had a PPI performed, and I am happy to share that with you but recommend you have your own PPI performed for peace of mind. Besides the issues I have already mentioned, the car is an absolute gem, runs like a bull and sounds nasty.

Carfax was clean when I purchased it and there has not been any damage besides the curb rash on my watch.

If you are interested in a no-stories, well-driven and maintained Ferrari that you can take out on a double date and be sure that no one else will show up driving the same car, then this is for you.

PM me for any additional details, photos, or any other questions you may have.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy, Bdearmas3, cgt000 and 3 others like this.
  2. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Price Reduction - $132,750.

Makuono likes this.
  3. Vroom1234

Vroom1234 Karting

Apr 16, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Josh Rosner
    Stunning car but a bit out of my desired price range. Thank you though.

rngssw likes this.
  4. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Appreciate the compliment. Feel free to PM me if you have interest or even if you would just like some general guidelines when searching for a 612 on what to look out for. They are truly awesome cars, the last of a breed, and should be thoroughly enjoyed.

5. Vroom1234

Vroom1234 Karting

Apr 16, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Josh Rosner
    Thank you for your kindness.

6. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    New price $126,500.

Breaks my heart. This car is a gem.

jlaws02 likes this.
  7. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Returned last week from a five day 1329 mile trip to Montreal in my 2010 612 OTO for the Canadian Grand Prix. There was another 612 in our group. In Montreal we had four people in my car. At 6'1" I had no problem being in the back seat. The other 612 had parents, two teenage children and luggage. The 612 is a terrific touring car, and is more than fast and agile enough to enjoy on drives in the boonies. Someone will get a great car at this price. GLWS.

8. bsawler

bsawler Karting

Dec 3, 2015
    Bay Area
    Absolutely stunning... if we weren't in the middle of a major house remodel right now I would so pounce on this. GLWS!

9. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Thanks all for the positive energy. Took her out for a little summer blast with my kids today. Giggles all around.:D

10. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Don't feel bad. You're right it's a gem. All the OTO's will one day appreciate significantly, I really believe that. Swan song F1 transmission, good as it gets. Last 2+2 v12 designed by Pininfarina, low production numbers, stately and understated. Your value is already holding better than the 612's successor with the same miles. I really do believe though that the OTO will one day be every collectable.

11. Bdearmas3

Bdearmas3 Rookie

Sep 9, 2015
    Miami
    #19 Bdearmas3, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
    Is it available?

12. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area