Thinking of buying a 456M | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Thinking of buying a 456M

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by paulchua, Apr 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hahahhha

2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Late to this thread because it is in Mondial, but congrats. I will say the auto taught me something at COTA: It is most natural to have a go pedal and a slow pedal. Stupid easy to drive a GTA on a track because of that. And I read where some test drivers no longer even bother with the paddles because the computer can shift better than they do, so the 456 was just ahead of its time. :)

Seriously, take it to a track. It's a blast. The driving instructor was impressed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2cam, of2worlds and paulchua like this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks , one I put some.new shoes I'll do exactly that and report the results!

of2worlds and G. Pepper like this.
  4. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Congrats Paul! A 456 is a wonderful car! A true GT! Nice color!
    It was on my list, but since the Lusso has been on the market that is the one I want now! It has Mondial curves :cool:

paulchua likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Latest update:
    Fixed a lot of stickies with elbow grease. One O2 Sensor still needs sorting - yet have not swapped out Fog Lamps or changed the Fuel sender unit. Need to fix middle console gear selector light. Installed a Tubi exhaust.

So far, the car has been very reliable and trouble-free (besides the few minor things above). Loving it.

Very civilized car; I understand now why so many folks felt it was almost too 'posh' and smooth. It's the perfect GT, and I love just looking at the thing. But in terms of driving excitement, it's just not that kind of car. An ideal complement to my Mondial, which is leagues more sporty and fun.

Compared to other Ferrari, I've tasted (430, Cali T, 812, 488 Pista) - the tamest (even more than a Cali). I would say even my QP5 is more sporty. I would say the strongest suit is high-speed stability. Triple digits all day long- you feel like you're sitting at home in your favorite lazy-boy—no sense of going 140+—kind of scary, eerie. - extraordinary in some European thoroughfares, unfortunately too dangerous on most American roads with us having zero left lane education (nor the laws to permit it.)

I plan to keep her as long as I can, so by no means am I pooh-poohing the car - just that it's not the most exhilarating Ferrari experiences, IMHO. It does look fantastic, though - and the perfect vehicle to bring my family to the local Michelin starred restaurants.

AUDIO RESEARCH and G. Pepper like this.