NSX Road Trip v2.0 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

NSX Road Trip v2.0

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by NbyNW, Jun 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    So cool!
    T

2. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

#127 Tcar, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    That center hinge between the arches is what caught my eye... took me back decades to a structures class in college...

What a spectacular structure!

I always check out your posts, not for the car, though... great stuff.

NbyNW likes this.
  3. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Super cool! The original pic is a '97 - '01 NA2 car, impossible to tell the exact year within that but some reverse Google searching seems to indicate the picture is listed as being of a '98.

NbyNW likes this.
  4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

We did the drive today. Out of Belle Fourche it’s mild, pretty flat, with gentle curves. Then into Wyoming it picks up and turns into a blast. Basically no traffic and excellent roads - and if you catch someone there are plenty of dots so getting around them is easy. I love the signs - Sharp Curves Next 7 Miles. A ways further - Sharpe Curves Next 9 Miles.

After we got to Devils Tower my wife said that road is a keeper.

mikesufka likes this.
  5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

@mikesufka you need to try this route. Go as far south as Newcastle. Neighbor here told me about it. One of his routes with his Harley.

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

tomc likes this.
  10. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Love it !!! Great pictures and roads - I’ve been all over that area - even drove my Road King from Four Corners to Deadwood in a snow storm - lol

Enjoy

MDS

11. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Are you doing “Needles” and Mount Iron Road ?

MDS

12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I’ve done parts of Iron Mountain Rd this time. Haven’t gotten down to the Needles yet. Mainly the weather - haven’t had a full day of sun with no threat of storms. Trying to get out between work and storms.

Saw that Yellowstone and parts of Montana got 8” of snow yesterday.

Can’t imagine driving these roads on a bike in the snow!

13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Then to the Needles Highway. Amazing. Unfortunately they recently tar and chipped the entire road all the way to Hill City. Probably a week ago, so it could have been worse, still plenty of tick, tick, tick of stones.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login