Leatherique--holy cr%p! | FerrariChat

Leatherique--holy cr%p!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JoeZaff, Jul 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have been doing the leatherique thing for a year now and have been impressed with the results, but never blown away...until this week. I put a ton of leatherique rejuvinator on and let it sit in my hot garage for two days. I then cleaned it off with a very generous amount of pristine clean. The car looks unbelievable. Not just is the leather softer, but the leather is unbelievable clean. It just looks brand new. I can't believe it...NOW I GET IT!

2. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Leatherique really is amazing stuff.

3. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    PLUS ONE !!!!

Great stuff and Great people - George Rocks !!

4. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Congrats, did you take some before and after pics?

5. Esoteric Auto Detail

Esoteric Auto Detail Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    When used correctly, the results are nothing less than spectacular. I'm glad that you figured out a system that produced the results that Leatherique is capable of.

I regularly use it on a variety of cars and am always impressed with the results.

6. nineball

nineball Rookie

May 10, 2006
    so cal
    I also did the Leatherique treatment this weekend. And I got to say, this stuff works really well.

7. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Had I known it would have worked so well, I probably would have! I have been using this stuff for a year. I have done the garbage bag thing, used heaters, you name it, and it never really lived up to the legend. Prior to this most recent application I had Monet leather---it looked fantastic until you got right up to it. FWIW, my car has a very light tan interior and granted I am extremely anal, but to me there was just dirt in some of the grain that must have been there for twenty years. It would not come out no matter what I did. I even had spent almost three hundred bucks having it professionally done, and even they couldn't get it to my standard. For whatever reason, using a ton of rejuvenator oil, massaging it in with my hands and allowing it to sit for over two days in the garage over a couple of hot days just did the trick. The leather just looks unbelievable now. I could not be happier.

I just wish I had learned this trick in the previous 5 applications!

8. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    For whatever reason, using a ton of rejuvenator oil, massaging it in with my hands and allowing it to sit for over two days in the garage over a couple of hot days just did the trick. The leather just looks unbelievable now. I could not be happier.

I just wish I had learned this trick in the previous 5 applications![/QUOTE]

Exactly as the company recommends. Those who stray away fronm the correct application never seem to see the true results of this amazing product. To bad no pictures

9. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    I just kept digging for recommendations of what the best leather rejuvenator is and leatherique popped up as the winner from different forums so I decided to try it out and must say, thank you to all who recommended this stuff. My interior looks like new, and I just can't stop being impressed at how well it works. it is sticky as hell, but once it dries up, makes the car feel like brand new leather.

10. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    "Pics or it didn't happen!" ;)

11. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
  12. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    About 4 years ago, I redid the entire interior of my Mondial with Leatherique. This stuff is amazing. It does take some effort to get the best results, but in the end -- WOW!

When I started, the leather was trash. Cardboard stiff, had cracks and holes in it. Plus the color had faded to a nasty grey looking mess.

Here's the thread where I showed the entire process: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/and-so-it-begins-leather-restoration.502419/

As for the rejuvinator -- I actually bagged my rejuvinator soaked leather (seats, door panels, console, all-of-it) in large transparent garbage bags, and placed out in the sun. That worked miracles on returning the seats from cardboard consistency to something approaching the original suppleness.

[​IMG]

13. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Did the leatherique repair the cracks and holes? I suppose it could "fill" them in?

14. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Joe’s former car still looking good. 33 years old now. We’ve been caring for it for the last 8 years and hopefully will continue to do so for a long time. Just went out for a lunch run. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever and Il Tifoso like this.