Need help picking a used F12 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Need help picking a used F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by sl55, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Exactly

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    We must be brothers from a different mother. My new DD is going to be shortly a 2014/17 Turbo S (not going cab), but I really like having a sportier car as my DD. Did the AMG's, etc. I was noodling doing a FF, but with the F12, wife also wants a Cali - didn't want another maintenance issue as a DD (as good as ferrari's have become, I still find issues that require more time in the shop that I am willing to put up with as a DD). So Porsche it is. I also need AWD and Snow tires, my weather in winter is a bit different than when I lived in Scottsdale (as I see you are in AZ) - so your options are way more open than mine for a DD. I have loved all the P cars I have had in the past, I figured why not by a nice used Turbo or Turbo S, stick some winter tires on it, and drive the hell out of it. Mine will even be at the airport each week (I travel), so it will literally be my DD.

3. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Is the F12 worth 4x what my S63 is currently worth? For reference, my other vehicles are Fords, so I am not a multi millionaire (but I can afford the F12).

4. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Only you can answer this question, Not what you probably wanted to hear, but it is the truth.

I don't think the F12 is necessarily a better car, better if you want a visceral and emotional experience. I use to measure car by 0-60 times etc but understood that for street driving, the look, the smell and most importantly the sound are all very important to what the car brings you.

I can tell you that it wont be as comfortable and practical as the S63. But under a tunnel in second gear in the F12, windows open.... Will be something great.

Is it 4X better then a S63, I dont think so at all, but with this reasoning is an s63 10X better then a ford etc... You will never end up buying a car like a Ferrari.

Important: when you say 4X time more expensive, please note, a lot of people make the mistake calculating cost of ownership, YOUR COST IS ONLY FINANCING COST + DEPRECIATION (nothing to do payment, purchase price etc). Will the F12 cost you 4X more then a S63? It shouldn't but I dont know the details.

ferrame likes this.
  5. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    What was the insurance quote from State Farm in Arizona? Here in Florida, they were the cheapest. Good coverage too. I was with Travelers Insurance with my Maserati in Pennsylvania for many years, but Travelers would not insure the Ferrari here in Florida.

6. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    I didn't try.

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Worth noting that opportunity cost is part of the “financing cost” you reference in that any money devoted to a car cannot therefore be devoted to earning a return, whatever that return might be. Many people miss that part of the cost formula.

8. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Can you guys helpmeet find more information on the luggage set for F12? Very limited information online I could find

9. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    #159 richard_wallace, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Here you go.. You can find the pieces in a set or individually on eBay from time to time, depending on color - there are I believe 3-5 color options to choose..

https://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/ferrari-genuine-accessories/equipments/000000000000007/detail/P000000315/

IMO not really exclusive like the older F-cars were in the 60, 70's, 80's, 90's.. Not really the quality leather products that were in the past, therefore not worth it IMO. cool, but don't think the extra 3K or so is worth it, and really you won't want it in the car in everyday driving, and honestly won't use it to travel. So if for collector or resale, not sure it adds much, like cars of old having the full set.

This is an example of the carry on trolley for the F12 on eBay... This is not for the shoulder bag which is another 1500.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ferrari-Suitcase-Carbon-Fiber-Trolley-Top-Red-Details-Part-70004949/163200779268?hash=item25ff864404:g:9VwAAOSwu4haywTt

Again this is not the Schedoni luggage of the past...

10. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks again for the feedback, congrats on your F12!!

11. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Not on a down payment - if paid cash ok

Opportunity on 15-50k is negligible for most whom buy those cars. 200k sure you are correct

12. squires

squires Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Hello, I read your post and you said you went to test drive that red F12 at Scottsdale dealer. I’m looking for red F12 and that one is on my list. How did you feel about that one?

13. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    It drove fine, it is in need of a good paint correction. The interior is in very good shape.

Let me know if you need help, I could go see it for you, I live 5 min away I don’t mind

Just PM me

14. squires

squires Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    Los Angeles
    PM sent. Thank you sir

15. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    saraojo, tomc, bluesea and 2 others like this.
  16. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Badass car, and I love the trailer too, the Lexus logo looks so subtle!

17. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    State Farm was recommended by my local Ferrari dealer in Orlando. He said that State Farm is making a big push to insure these type cars, probably because most are garage queens and are located in gated communities here in Florida.

18. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Bad ass! Can't wait to you get her!

19. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Thank you! I will report back when she gets here

20. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    Very nice looking F12! I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Congrats!

21. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Gonna be awesome! Enjoy.

22. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Congrats nice spec

23. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Big congrats on your new ride. Silverstone looks classy.

24. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Thank you everyone.

The truck driver called and the car will be here Sunday - Tomorrow evening.

I will of course report back with pictures

vraa and ewright like this.
  25. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    The last week of waiting is the hardest part!