De Tomaso Innocenti Mini - Next Project? | FerrariChat

De Tomaso Innocenti Mini - Next Project?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by MauroV, Jun 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should I buy the De Tomaso Mini for my next project?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MauroV

MauroV Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Mauro
    Hello, I'm thinking of getting a 1980s De Tomaso Mini for my next project. An early one with the British Leyland Mini 1275 GT engine, not the later one with the Daihatsu 3 Cylinder Turbo engine.

The pics below show the sad example I am thinking of buying (it is very cheap with an alleged 49,000 km) plus some nice pics of how it could look when its finished.

What do you think, is this a cool over-looked car that will make a great project or is it a poor version of the classic UK Mini and not worth the effort? :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

lgs, Wade and Makuono like this.
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Irresistible!

Reminds me of the Autobianchi A112 I wanted so badly while in Holland during the late 80s. But this De Tomaso Mini is more desirable (to me).

lgs likes this.
  3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Here's the Turbo version. :)

4. MauroV

MauroV Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Mauro
    That was great. Thanks for sharing.

5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I owned an Inno but with the Daihatsu Turbo for many years. Lovely interior and the handling was pure Mini evil. Wonderful. It was difficult to get Michelin TRXs but I loved the the car and wish I still owned it. I wouldn’t pass on this one, very unique and incredibly fun to drive.

6. MauroV

MauroV Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Mauro
    Thanks for your comments. I'm still trying to convince my wife that I need another project car. :)