Best Company for Sticky Parts | FerrariChat

Best Company for Sticky Parts

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ko23, May 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ko23

ko23 Karting

May 6, 2015
    Who does the best reconditioning of the sticky parts that has the best outcomes and durability?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    StickyRx is the best in the business. Period.

350MH83 and Ferris Bueller like this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Don’t waste you time or money on anyone else. Call Dave at Sticky RX. It will get done once and it will be be done flawlessly. You’ll likely need someone who knows what they’re doing to remove and install some of the pieces, but if you have the skill level you can do it (I don't mess with it).

I had every piece on my 355 refinished by Dave and it looks perfectly new. Most don’t do every piece but I wanted it all done, consistent and not have to deal with it again. It will also stay that way. I’m a pain in the ass customer and I couldn’t be more satisfied.

audi_328, Caeruleus11, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Give us a call for all your interior sticky needs. Been in business for over 10 years, started the sticky fixing business. Have customers all over the world with plenty of references. Prices posted online, no hidden fees or upcharges. Quick turnaround, no need to wait for months to get your parts back.

2NA and INRange like this.
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    My turnaround from Sticky RX was three weeks, and I had a big project. Though, frankly, I would have been fine waiting a little longer. I was more concerned with the work being done perfectly than being done quickly. Luckily, I got both.

Feel free to send me an email if you want to discuss it further. Happy to offer you some guidance and advice.

6. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    StickyRX did every piece in my 430 as well
    Parts came back better then new
    As a result my 430 was awarded a Platinum at an FCA event. The way Dave does his process they will never get sticky again
    I will be sending him my pieces from my 575 too because they were done by another company years ago and are tacky once again

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  7. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    I had my 456 done by sticky no more. No question a good product. However, it is no longer like the original. It is a hard plastic, to the soft/satin feel that the parts have when new. Personally, I prefer the soft satin vs the hard plastic.

My Ferrari dealer offers a service where they remove the said piece, and do some sort of a wash (maybe with an acid material but I am not 100% sure what they do). This restores the original piece into its original shape and finish (ie soft/satin feel), and feels more "natural" to my eye and touch.

I am not sure if over time the washed pieces will need further attention (it's been about 3 or 4 years since I had them washed and so far, no issues).

No wrong choices here; just a matter of preference.

Tim Riley and 285ferrari like this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I certainly can’t say for certain, but your dealer, like most dealers, likely sent your parts out to have them refinished to a vendor shop. I’ve often noted that the parts Sticky RX refinished for me certainly have a satin look and touch to them. I really can’t tell any difference from new. For what it’s worth, my car received 100 points at the Cavallino Classic in January, I feel, in part due to the excellent work that Sticky RX did.

9. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hands down. I’ve tried several of these services - including screwing around trying to do my own refinishing, and Dave at Sticky Rx is the best there is available. The quality of the finish is better than oem, by far - and it should be a crime that Ferrari still produces the same crappy “soft touch” finish even on modern Ferrari’s - the fact that someone’s La Ferrari will have this problem in a few years is ridiculous. But it keeps Dave in business and for that I am grateful. He has done the majority of my parts for my ‘97 F355 Spider and ‘01 456M GT. He is very service oriented, professional and timely - although he’s busy because he’s good, but if you time it - say the very beginning of winter - it goes more quickly.

What truly sets him apart other than the finish is the laser engraving he performs - it’s the real deal, layering the colors over the white finish and then burning those away - it’s the only technique for a durable finish. And he matches the finish, whether it be black, creme or blue perfectly to the spec of the car. The order process, exchange of parts and packaging are also A+.

He also offers a whole bunch of other clever fixes and tools (like HVAc overlay panels that perfectly match the finish or a plug removal tool for the f355 or a wheel removal tool that screws into the hub.).

Some pix attached and can’t say enough for his quality and professionalism.

Ed

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tim Riley, Caeruleus11 and Graz like this.
  10. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche

11. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Sticky RX was hands down the overall best, most timely, and professional refinisher of these parts. Perfect communication, and most importantly, the product is simply beautiful. There are many "hobbyist" refinishers out there claiming to do he job right, but only Dace at Sticky RX actually runs a truly professional operation.

Graz likes this.
  12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Agree with this 100%. StickyRx is the only one to use if you want perfection. Dave is a professional and his standards are the best in the business.

13. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I pride myself on being able to find fault with almost anything, in short I'm the original grumpy old fart!

Dave did my vent rings with the laser etched arrows and they came out perfect. Better than new as a matter of fact.

I couldn't find anything wrong!!!, that hurt my pride :)

I highly recommend Sticky RX if you want the best available.

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I gotta go with StickyRX as well. Being a tech who works on these cars daily, I have seen some pretty lousy stuff.

I sent out a bunch of Masersti parts to him to be refinished, It took a bit of time, but damn..they came back perfect. I was stunned. Customer was over the moon happy. Worth every penny he charges.

15. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    StickyRX did some parts on my Lamborghini and they looked amazing.

16. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    Another upvote for Dave. He did the sticky parts on my 355 and as others have said, the parts are perfect when they come back to you. I've got to do the 3 external pieces on the bottom of the rear window -- they're original, but now look shabby compared to the interior.

17. Randy P.

Randy P. Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Randy P.
    Sticky RX is the best PERIOD. I worked there and developed some of the processes, but don't take that as a jaded opinion. The attention to detail, vast investment in the highest quality materials and technology, and 'no-corners cut' labor and engineering, simply has no competition. You will not be disappointed in the results. Best of luck.

18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    YOU developed some of the processes?

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I only have experience with Sticky RX and it was all positive. I would absolutely recommend them!

20. Randy P.

Randy P. Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Randy P.
    Yes Sir :)