Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 44 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    The SF90 is a car that stands out. Don't get me wrong I love the Pista and the F8, beautiful looking cars, specially the Pista. There is one in my neighborhood. The SF90 has that "wow" factor kind like the LA Ferrari .

stavura, Juvendude and nice like this.
  2. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    The car is a bargain. $525 base price (usd) for 1000 hp, awd Ferrari is a no brainer.

of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    It has both WOW and, WTF factor! For sure it will get noticed. But a Laf is a Laf. Hard to top that.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Hang RACE stock certificates in the garage to more properly align yourself with the company goals and offset the depreciation hit. Dividend paying growth stock? Owners are being rewarded. Free Monza to the million dollar investor 3.5 years ago. Not half bad. I need a time machine.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Option it up then let's see the final number. Bet it will be way more than 525.

Bargain or not, it doesn't alter the other points raised, none of which bode well on the exit.

6. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I like the car as is today. Just not sure how things will be next 5 years.
    I will get first year car and sell it within 2 years when it is still hot. But I expect losing money rather big way with this one.

F2003-GA, DRYHOLE and Shadowfax like this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think if you go into the deal with your eyes wide open, throwing all the sales gloss and brand anchoring into the toilet - which is laid on very thick - can only imagine what it was like at the grand opening - , and are prepared to lose an unprecedented chunk of $ then that's the wisest way to buy this car.

markcs and of2worlds like this.
  8. Monsieur Yoge

Monsieur Yoge Karting

May 20, 2016
    I tend to disagree as when the 458 came out, as expected, some tifosi said it didn't look good or was 'straying' far from how a Ferrari should traditionally look but the general consensus was that it was achingly beautiful and more importantly, undeniably a Ferrari, an Italian sports car at first glance. Ferrari even called it the Italia because it personified what an Italian sports car should be, you could call it a silly name but rather fitting.

As someone mentioned, brand heritage is extremely important, especially with a storied brand like Ferrari, it's what separates the good from the great

Good design doesn't take time, a glance is all you need. Taking time to soak in the many details of the design is one thing, but saying 'wait for it to grow on you' or that it looks clumsy and unjust because it is 'different' is just making excuses at this point.

Good design is timeless ala 458, F355, F40 et al Time won't be kind on the SF90 because there is no cohesion, remove the badge, does it look like an Italian sports car? Not to these eyes

Sometimes, less is truly more

9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    I liked it at the first glance. It took no time. This is a kind of ferrari-design i always dreamt about; busy, curvy with glass roof. The rear lights also suits well with the design, and they are not any replica design copied from others ;just a evolution of their current round tail-lights. Or maybe the designers were too proud to have any camaro pictures on their pc or they didn't even know anything about it .
    Finally i dare to say, more i see it more i love it. This car is an attention whore ( in a good way). The design is futuristic,and traditional from the side.

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Oh no those Ferrari boys definitely know what a Camaro looks like - make no mistake about that one - and, i suspect a Pontiac too!! Even I know what a Camaro tail light and a Pontiac looks like and we don't even have them on our roads here. SF90 will definitely raise eyebrows with that rear end - no question!! So yeah fair call on the attention whore label with such a polarizing design. I think the biggest surprise will be when people notice it has a Ferrari badge on it.....may think someone stuck it on for giggles.

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I'm a male so I cannot be a cheerleader, my name is Alberto and not Flavio, I'm not the only one that likes this car, I don't work for Ferrari nor I have any relationship with them.

Please see above

of2worlds, stavura and arzak like this.
  12. pcht5

pcht5 Karting

Jan 31, 2009
    Asia
    Full Name:
    PCHT 5
    To my eye, the photoshop one looks better.

13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #1089 Albert-LP, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    SF90 have 90 degrees rotated "L" front lights. Not "C" shaped: The lower part is the front brake air intake and not a light

14. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hardly fair commentary. He was expressing his like for the car, in much the same way that others have expressed their reservations, and even qualified it as his personal opinion. Your objections here come across as being offended over someone else reaching a different conclusion than you did.

The point of a forum is discussion. So discuss the car, and don't attack each other.

His name's clearly Alberto - see his profile. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    of2worlds and crinoid like this.
  16. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    price is not bad...dealer in Taiwan quoted base price 967k US dollars

of2worlds likes this.
  17. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Instagram)

MANDALAY, Caeruleus11, ggbh8 and 2 others like this.
  18. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm not sure that calling me a "butt hurt 15 year old" is very mature in itself and rather makes you sound like a bit of a kid, but if that is made you feel good about yourself then good for you.:)

I do see the error in my ways though and now realise that I should have started the post with comething along the lines of "in my own personal taste / view / though / etc" as apparently that makes everything that follows OK.

Finally, I find his posts less about expressing his personal views on how he thinks the car looks and more on trying to convince others that the car looks great. This is what I was objecting to - I'm not here to have others try and convince me of something, but happy for them to express whatever they like (including calling me a "butt hurt 15 year old").

Makes sense?

HotShoe likes this.
  19. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #1095 kandi, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    355TDI, stavura and Maggio23 like this.
  21. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm confused. They're saying that this modest little carbon fiber "tail" thing is actually higher performance than active aero thing that moves up and down? If that's the case, then what the heck was the point of the active aero thing in the first place? They looks more or less the same anyway.

tekaefixe likes this.
  22. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Sorry if it sounded harsh, it was not meant to be overly mean wasn't trying to be personal.

I just wanted to point out that he continually tries to convince all on here that it is a fantastic looking car, over and over - as if he has some sort of vested interest in the matter.

I personally suspect that he is somehow connected to Ferrari themselves and possibly that Ferrari themselves are trying to sway opinion on this website through his mouthpiece.

Certainly marketing departments of all major companies have huge (often clandestine) efforts to use social media to help promote their products and I would imagine that a Brand-focused company Ferrari isn't lagging in their Brand Promotion and Product Upselling capabilities...

So I just wonder sometimes just who (or what) is behind some "people" on here!

HotShoe likes this.
  23. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    It was not a quote from Ferrari site, but from article somewhere on internet. Anyway, the rear looks like the designed for "casual" Stradale active aero part is still there. Just disabled?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  24. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    They also said it is part-car part-spaceship. So now you are going to tell us it will get you to Mars in an hour? LOL

Seriously, this is a delusional post. There's so much complexity in this car and with the italians' reputation for electrics, it is a good time to open up a towing and recovery business.