Getting too much attention? | FerrariChat

Getting too much attention?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Superdog0013, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Superdog0013

Superdog0013 Rookie

May 20, 2019
    I am quite certain there are other threads about this.

I am starting this new one to get some fresh experiences. I have been in my car for two weeks and about 500 miles.

What type of attention do you guys get in you car?

I expected attention. But not quite this much. It is sort of overwhelming. I see people racing up via my rearview just so that they can check out the car. I get non-stop "thumbs up" from all sorts of people. From old ladies to young kids.

Tons of people trying to race me as well. It's nuts. I feel though that the minute I take the bait, I have lost. Not trying to lose my car or my license over "racing". It is one thing to drive this puppy fast. It is another to race and get a reckless ticket.

Everyone from mini-vans to Z06 vettes pulling along side.

And everywhere I go people ask me to rev the engine. Also not trying to blow a piston, but I have lightly entertained this for a few friends. It is hard to say no.

Right now, I am having fun with this. Not sure how long that will last though.

deltona, Bundy, Caeruleus11 and 3 others like this.
  2. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    do not take into account what other say
    just enjoy!

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You bought a Ferrari. What did you expect?

6 speed, Actualizer, Adamas and 3 others like this.
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    What color is your ride? Color makes a big difference. Nero Daytona California and Grigio Titanio 458 Spider and attention was within expectations and never overwhelming.

Be grateful you are not driving a Rosso Mars Huracan, talk about attention;)

ryalex, Coincid and of2worlds like this.
  5. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Interestingly, people seem to give a lot more attention to my Aventador and Urus than my Ferraris (Pista & 812 SF). I think people from Seattle are just not that into cars, or only notice when the car looks outrageous :confused:

6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    458 got the middle finger.

Lambo thumbs up.

720 people freak out.

Enjoy the car--it ain't no minivan.

7. Superdog0013

Superdog0013 Rookie

May 20, 2019
    black on black. i admit it looks kind of like the bat mobile. sexy is an understatement.

8. Superdog0013

Superdog0013 Rookie

May 20, 2019
    loving every second.

Shahaf and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. Superdog0013

Superdog0013 Rookie

May 20, 2019
    this. was just curious about others experiences as well....

10. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The attention in my 488 is miniscule compared to the attention I got in my dearly departed Ford GT.

anishka, Shark01 and Motorwerks like this.
  11. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    Most drives I get zero attention -- which is the way I like it (Nero exterior). I'm sure this is a highly regional phenomenon. In areas where they are rare, people may stare. In areas where they are common or wealth is more often hidden than shown, owning one is a non-issue.

FFan5 likes this.
  12. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I try not to look around at everyone while driving as if to show off but you can't help but notice people speeding up and moving across the lanes quickly to catch a glimpse of your car and snap a photo. Yes, you get the young, old and sometimes very small kids say, "Ferrari". I was in my truck and saw a 488 on the freeway this weekend and watched people snapping pictures and it made me smile. My Ferrari is red and my Lambo is rosso vik which is a burgundy/red color and gets about the same amount of attention. All the usual questions: How much, rev the engine, what do you do for a living, how fast does it go, where can you drive that car, can I take a photo and bet your insurance is high.

Just go enjoy!

Shahaf likes this.
  13. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Everyone has something to say, don't even put fuel in it if you're not in the mood for a conversation :)

Napoli and tomc like this.
  14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #14 SoCal to az, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    The attention I got in my 488 was amazing. The attention I get in my 720 is unreal. People literally stop in the middle of the street to take a pic. It’s strange.

Just enjoy it . It’s fun and will fade as you get used to it.

f430_spider1, VAF84, ScottS and 3 others like this.
  15. spieler

spieler Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2012
    miami florida
    Very few attention here in Miami , so many sport cars...

Actualizer and harrish1985 like this.
  16. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    My Lambos have always commanded more attention than my Ferraris but as I opined, aside from the angular/spaceship Lambo design, attention is often color dependent. Rosso Mars and Verde Mantis AKA "F-ck Me Green" certainly aren't under the radar colors from my ownership experience.

Black on black is as stealth as you can get. Must be region dependent. No worries, you'll get used to it in no time. I love the thumbs up and flashing the high beams from drivers coming in the opposite direction and kids asking me to rev the engine (never realized that pulling both paddles on the Huracan to put the car in neutral would be so useful.)

I've learned the art of looking straight ahead like a horse with blinders while maintaining peripheral vision LOL.

BB84, Napoli, VAF84 and 9 others like this.
  17. Superdog0013

Superdog0013 Rookie

May 20, 2019
    Great post.

Thanks.

458 Spider 0414 and Surfah like this.
  18. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    LOL. Totally get what you’re saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bundy and Surfah like this.
  19. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    I thought my Green Hell Magno AMG GTR got attention. It pales in comparison to my Huracan. My Huracan is white, so no loud color. What strikes me the most is really young kids (6-12 or so) that recognize the car and yell/say: "look a Lambo". Must be the shape.

20. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    You get used to it ;)
    That's the wisest suggestion and that's what I do: "I've learned the art of looking straight ahead like a horse with blinders while maintaining peripheral vision LOL."

458 Spider 0414 likes this.
  21. LuxLife458

LuxLife458 Rookie

Jan 12, 2017
    I highly recommend dark tinted side windows...you won’t feel pressure to react/respond to things, and can kind of ‘enjoy the show’ when driving around...when I feel like interacting I just roll them down...

Bundy, 458 Spider 0414 and bryang615 like this.
  22. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    So real, I look in the rear view mirror and there snapping a picture; Toyota Corolla catching up to take pictures... Look to the right, look to the left and there taking pictures... You get used to it after a while.

23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    ^^^This

Mostly, I have gotten use to the attention my Rosso Mars Huracan Performante gets, but I’ll never get use to the minivan moms holding their phones out the window recording me at stoplights... Meanwhile my Nero F12 was a total sleeper, only a select few took notice. I am anxious to see what happens in my new Grigio Silverstone 812. As others have mentioned, it’s highly dependent on car, color, and location.

24. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Other than a select few people, my Rosso Corsa 458 is basically invisible to people on Long Island.

25. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Rosso Corsa 458 Spider here in a decent size Midwest town. Get crazy attention, pics, videos, thumbs up. Everyone I have encountered has been excited about the car with no negative encounters. Love this car!