MOTOGP 2019 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

MOTOGP 2019

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Igor Ound, Mar 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How exciting this season is for you?

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 9

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  11. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I think Philip Morris gets even more exposure when Mission Winnow is banned

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  4. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Holy crap that was an awesome race today, more drama and suspense than the last 6 years of F1 combined!

Igor Ound likes this.
  5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Poor Vale though. Would love to see him on a duke now

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Unbelievable Lorenzo!!! Marquez doesn’t need that kind of help!

Nortonious and LVP488 like this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    With all direct competitors out Marquez is securing a comfortable lead now...

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Another great race (we just wish F1 could be the same...), the battle between Dovi and Marquez up to the last corner - and eventually Dovi's win :)
    A mention for Quartararo's 3rd place.

05011994 and Igor Ound like this.
  9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Wish MotoGP had a legitimate U.S. television broadcast partner.

Until then, it's dead to me.

BHW

Ney and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  10. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Another amazing finish, way to go Dovi! Love watching MotoGP on its streaming service!

11. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Did you guys see Silverstone GP finish? Rins! Amazing! Congrats! What a finish!

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That was thrilling - but what a pity for Dovi...

Igor Ound likes this.
  13. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I wanted to stop watching the GP after the crash at the very start of the race. We all wish Dovi is ok after that accident, though it looked really nasty and bike into flames. Bad luck is a bad luck. Dovi had no chance at all to fight for points and for podium place this time, but Marquez lost second race in a row in the last corner. Should be quite a disappointment for him as well. At least MotoGP series (Moto3 as well) are more exciting for fans than F1 nowadays, and there are many really great drivers riding those bikes. Love it!

14. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    It was so cool to see Rins looking back at Marquez as he passed him on the finish line. I mean, the time difference was so small yet he knew he beat him!

GuyIncognito likes this.
  15. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    BTW this year's championship is Marquez to lose, but at least we get some real entertaining races which I hope do promise good things for next year.

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Victory and 6th title for Marquez in Thailand, 4 races before the end of the season. It's possible that Marquez will equal, or beat, Rossi's palmares in the coming years...

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I wonder when Lorenzo is going to call it quits...

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't know what happened to him since he left Yamaha.
    He did 2 years at Ducati with meagre result, but since he is at Honda it has turned catastrophic.

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I wish Marquez would come to F1, his talent and strategic sense on track are beyond anything else I've ever seen in 50 years of following all forms of motorsport. Maybe after he becomes title record holder in very few years...

20. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Not only possible, but very likely. Where's the competition? There were flashes this year, but nothing consistent. Dovi and Ducati looked like contenders but fell back in the latter part of the season. Rossi should retire, he can't keep up anymore. Rins? Maybe on another bike. Dito for Vignales, who has a compounding problem that he always wakes up too late in the race to be a podium contender. Quartararo may be a future champ, if Yamaha steps up its game. The combination of a mature Marquez and the Honda is almost unbeatable.

21. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I'm not so optimistic anymore for the 2020 season...

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Three-time champion Lorenzo announces MotoGP retirement
    Three-time MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo has called time on his glittering career at the end of his worst season in grand prix racing.
    Lewis Duncan
    Lorenzo joined Honda for 2019, but a season plagued by injury and difficulties in adapting to the RC213V meant he hasn't even scored a top-10 finish ahead of the season finale in Valencia.

After ultimately committing to Honda for next year after making contact with Ducati about a potential return, Lorenzo’s form continued to spiral and this led to rumours he would retire at the end of this season.

"This will be my last race in MotoGP and at the end of the race I will retire as a professional racer."

On Thursday at Valencia, Dorna called an exceptional press conference for the Honda rider, where Lorenzo confirmed this weekend's race would be his last as a MotoGP rider.

"I've always thought there are four significant days in the life of a rider - the first one is when it's your first race, the second one is your first win, then [the third one is] your first world championship - not everyone can win the world championship, but some of us made it," Lorenzo said.

"And then [there's] the day you retire. As you all imagine here, I'm here to announce that this day has arrived for me. This will be my last race in MotoGP and at the end of the race I will retire as a professional racer."

Read Also:
    Lorenzo made his grand prix debut in the 125cc class when he was just 15 in 2002, and took his maiden win the following year in Brazil.

He added to his tally of victories with three on the way to fourth in the standings, before stepping up to the 250cc class in ’05.

Though he managed six podiums, Lorenzo’s often wild temperament led to him being banned from that year’s Malaysian GP.

Lorenzo won back-to-back 250cc crowns in ’06 and ’07 before stepping up to MotoGP in ’08 with Yamaha, which was a deal signed two years prior.

Taking pole for his debut in Qatar, Lorenzo took his first win in Portugal in a season interrupted by numerous injury problems.

He challenged teammate Valentino Rossi for the title in ’09, with the pairs rivalry grabbing headlines as Lorenzo looked to upset the established order.

He locked horns with Rossi again in ’10, but was a broken leg for the Italian early season gave Lorenzo a prime opportunity to seal his first MotoGP crown, which he did with a race to spare in Malaysia.

He would beat Dani Pedrosa to the ’12 MotoGP title, and engaged in a season-long battle with Rossi again in ’15 to wrap up his third MotoGP championship – making him the only rider to have dethroned Marquez since the reigning champion joined the class in ’13.

Lorenzo would move to Ducati for ’17 after nine years at Yamaha, and though he struggled to adapt to the Desmosedici in that first year, he went onto win three races in ’18 and likely would have added to that had it not been for a late-season wrist injury.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/lorenzo-announcement-retirement-honda/4596740/

23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Sad but inevitable: Lorenzo really fell off the cliff this year.
    He wasn't too bad at the end of last year, but signing for Honda alongside Marquez wad a big mistake, IMO.
    All of a sudden all of his deficiencies were highlighted, and he looked demotivated recently.

24. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    How many people are excited about the two Marquez brothers racing for Honda in 2020?

25. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Will make for some interesting inter-team dynamics, that's for sure!

LVP488 and AandSC like this.