F40 Photos | Page 124 | FerrariChat

F40 Photos

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by TexasMike, Mar 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I tried finding photos of Benny's online and ended up running into this: https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mo15/monterey/lots/r174-1994-ferrari-f40-lm/180567

97904 in those auction photos almost looks identical except the one in my photos has a different windshield banner and has graphics on the rear as well as wheels. I wonder if it is the same as that...it ended up getting serviced at FoCF in 2013 so another connection to that dealer.

Tom's post here I found just now from a while back explains why it would wear #19 too: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145338494/ Not sure why 17 was skipped.

joe sackey likes this.
  2. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
  3. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Having read the comments on the difference of european versus american ac‘s - I think that the difference lies in the filling of different refrigerant in US to Europe. Has a big impact from my point of view looking at different refrigerant types. Just my 2 pence....

BR
    Chris

of2worlds and joe sackey like this.
  4. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Cents, sorry

5. alps

alps Rookie

Nov 17, 2012
    Zurich
  6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Beautiful car and photo. Just mesmerizing !

of2worlds likes this.
  7. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Gold BBS split rim, centre locks LMs are the nicest looking wheel ever made in my opinion, they suit a huge range of cars :)

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The 97904 F40LM was originally ordered by Ferrari of Ontario. The owner went to Italy for the factory delivery and flew the car back to Toronto. There were a number of other people who wanted to buy these cars but were turned down. One funny story happened when they were trying to load the Ferrari on the plane. The owner was informed they were going to remove the front spoiler and he bounded out of his seat and personally got involved with loading the Ferrari on the plane; without having to remove the front spoiler. As I recall the second person who owned that car got into financial problems and the government confiscated the car at one point...

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  9. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    They make a lot of sense for the track given how easily they can be replaced or rebuilt too.Can't imagine another wheel that has won more races across more series than BBS?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari27 and PAUL500 like this.
  10. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    OkaniT likes this.
  11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross

fbrs2 and joe sackey like this.
  12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    fbrs2 likes this.
  13. alps

alps Rookie

Nov 17, 2012
    Zurich
    Cat versus non-Cat. Lower picture is of cat car engine bay. There is more ducting and heat shielding to remove the additional heat and wastegate blow-off.

14. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Ah thanks, not sure why cats or not necessitate a different airbox though?

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes the lower image is of a Cat car as he says, but the reason for the difference in the air-boxes is a USA vs ROW thing.

16. alps

alps Rookie

Nov 17, 2012
    Zurich
    If you look at the parts manual, the cat cars have a higher exhaust system entry point to the muffler. The entire exhaust behind the turbos sits higher, crowding out space occupied by the airbox on non cat cars. The air filter part number is the same on both versions, however the non cat application is transverse while the cat application is longitudinal. While all US cars had cats (I believe) ROW had both but switched mainly to cat as of 1991 or so. As to the colour change from black to silver maybe to better match the heat shielding? Mine is an early 1990 ROW non cat car but I have seen 1990 cars with cats also.

fbrs2, joe sackey and of2worlds like this.
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct.

18. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Thank you

19. alps

alps Rookie

Nov 17, 2012
    Zurich
    Welcome. Look how much higher the wastegate sits in your bottom photo above. The non cat engine bay is just simpler and less cluttered - but I admit I'm biased!

joe sackey likes this.
  20. jelpspeed

jelpspeed Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Full Name:
    Ever Lopez
    Acacg, joe sackey and TSOYBELIS like this.
  21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California