Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James Evans

James Evans Rookie

Apr 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    James Evans
    Thank you, I think the issue with the black roof is that it does not extend far enough towards the rear of the car. This gives the car a hunched up appearance, rather than long and sleek.

Adding the full images for a better view:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, babgh, saraojo and 17 others like this.
  2. Monsieur Yoge

Monsieur Yoge Karting

May 20, 2016
    Ahh the Lusso, the quintessential benchmark of all lightweight supercars.

You do realise that's a 2+2 front engined V12 GT car right? Any mid engined supercar has to be lighter than a touring GT, talk about apples to oranges...

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The side intakes have been executed perfectly IMO
    Frankly wish they were on the F8
    Front again even though a bit pointier look more in line with the 488
    The engine displacement increase shoul have been on the Pista
    No S-Ducts????
    No round air vents in the cabin again back to 488
    If I had enough cash and ok from FERRARI to me old rather get the Pista but all leather interior no carbon
    No only to win Tatts and get FERRARI to build me a one of Pista with leather with the new intakes and the SF90 front end

BTW are those perforated vents on the window sides the air intakes??

sampelligrino likes this.
  4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    is this based on 458/488/tributo chassis or is it totally new one? different wheelbase, windshield, etc?

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Based on the new Portofino platform that can do front engine or mid engine versions. Wheelbase is the same as the 488.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Will it be a 'normal' 4 year production run? If so hard to imagine it is already sold out @$750K?

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Theyll sell every one for a while, used depreciation will be a new curve for ferrari, It will be just another used car in time.
    To me the last classic serial production ferrari was the 458, before that you have to go back to the 355 then boxer.
    360s 430's they're just used cars today produced in large numbers not partricularily loved, superceded by the next paddle wonder, same will be with the 488 and this F90 thing now.

daflk and F458Spider like this.
  8. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Nope, they got the design wrong again. This should not have been based on the 458/488 line. Should have stopped with the Tributo. This is too big of a debut to not come out with a new design.

But based on the 458/488, the front half of the car is fantastic, as is the interior. But the back half is ugly from the side. The side scoops still don't work and the lines are flat and fat. It's got the backend of a Bugatti. The front of the rear tire up to the scoop is bulging too much. It looks bloated. Must be because Pininfarina wasn't involved.

Ferrari needs to take more time on their design. They are getting lazy and need to be more innovative. Such an amazing car and the design is relying on the 458 / 488. They are rushing to get too many cars out. I'm sure it's faster, better, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I'm disappointed with the design. Not original relative to the line its coming from.

I also don't like the shape of the tail lights on the back.

Front end, head on is killer awesome. It's like two different people designed the front and back! Arrghhhhh!!

tekaefixe, daflk and dustman like this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The 720 comprehensively beat ferrari on performance metrics in the mid engined department, this car on paper restores ferrari to the top of the heap. I say on paper because it looks to weigh 1000lbs more than the Mclaren and that is a serious handicap for any real serious driving. On steering feel, the latest maclrens have ferrari beat.

Yes ferrari beats the Maclren on engine sound, and arguably looks. But the MaclarenCF tub and doors is pure exotica, and as you imply the looks of both is debatable. I still question how anyone at Maclren approved such a hideous front end for the 720, regardless of its functionality, yeah the ferrari looks better, but neither is exactly beautiful.

DRYHOLE likes this.
  10. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Agree. Disappointing. See my other comment above.

11. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  12. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    The rear top is awful. No visibility and too much going on with the layers. Back end too complicated. Two exhausts and the red under the license plate looks like a cartoon smiling at you. The back half of this car is just plain f'ing horribly ugly!

Doctor Mark likes this.
  13. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    The entire back half and top back is a disgrace to Ferrari design. Bring back Pininfarina! No need to ask me how I really feel. The back half of this car is atrocious.

Napoli and Shadowfax like this.
  14. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Well the good news is I don't have new model envy. Not trading up for this design failure. Icing on the cake is the value of my 458 is going up long term. Last naturally aspirated, Pininfarina designed "art on wheels!"

buddyg likes this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #640 Shadowfax, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Yes it's a paper win for now but it won't last - how could it with all that weight to contend with? Maclaren 720 weighs a lot less and isn't much slower than the very porky SF90.
    Porsche seem to be on top of the hybrid game with battery placement and vehicle design. Take a look at this beauty:-......now why couldn't Ferrari do something sleek like this?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

day355, DRYHOLE, 95spiderman and 10 others like this.
  16. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    To be fair that’s a concept car not hypercar nor a regular production car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #642 Shadowfax, May 30, 2019
    Agree. The rear end looking back over the top view is extremely disjointed. No matter which way you slice it it's a mess. I don't know how it was allowed off the blocks. Surely someone in the design team spotted the obvious? Maybe there were time constraints and it had run past overtime...and they had painted themselves into a corner trying satisfy showing the engine amongst placing the batteries and, being able to (somehow) see out the rear of the thing?

of2worlds likes this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Sure but what a sleek design and they employed a design team to put something like this together. Nothing was stopping Ferrari from doing the same. It's designs like that which make a car worth the dollars and, allow the usual buyer to overlook a few extra (hundred) kilos. Can't just rely on the badge.

19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Here Camilleri told another thing in an interview to Qiattroruote Magazine: He told that you can do an entire lap and the battery will be charged at the end.

ciao

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Nothing stopping them except addressing real world thermal management requirements. Engine, power unit and charge cooling would necessitate much larger openings which would likely alter the design substantially.

It’s generally unfair to compare the styling of a show car with a production car. It’s also inappropriate to compare the styling of a pure electric car (ie. Battista) with the SF90.

Picchu88 likes this.
  21. Igor1982

Igor1982 Rookie

Dec 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Igor Gerasimchuk
    La prima ibrida plug-in. Il debutto del powertrain della SF90 Stradale è un momento storico per la Ferrari e per questo è stato scelto di puntare a una cifra storica: mille cavalli. Un valore raggiunto da un sistema che aggiunge tre motori elettrici (due anteriori e uno posteriore) da 220 CV al 3.9 V8 biturbo da 780 CV. “È con la trazione integrale elettrica che abbiamo raggiunto i 2,5 secondi sullo 0-100 km/h”. In modalità qualifying, l’unica in cui termico ed elettrico toccano effettivamente i 1.000 cavalli, la potenza massima è disponibile per un tempo sufficiente a fare un giro veloce al Nürburgring. La batteria si ricarica da sola e il picco di potenza torna di nuovo a disposizione per il giro seguente. Il sistema è un plug-in che garantisce alla vettura di percorrere 25 chilometri in modalità puramente elettrica e di spingerla fino ai 145 km/h a zero emissioni.

https://www.quattroruote.it/news/nuovi-modelli/2019/05/29/sf90_stradale_la_ferrari_piu_prestazionale_di_sempre.html

22. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    What are you talking about? The video only had two match ups. Not three. And it is propaganda considering that it was a British show and that the BMW 1200R beat it fairly in the first go-around. So I call bullocks.

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #648 TheMayor, May 30, 2019
    The more pics I see of it the more I like it. I think they did a great job here (aside from the Camaro tailights) :)

I think the DRS moving spoiler is very clever.

What's the shark fin for?

I was not crazy about the 488. I though the 458 was prettier. The Pista and the F8 and now this have shown Ferrari knows how to style it's cars.

Now they need to update the Portofino.

DRYHOLE and Juvendude like this.
  24. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Seriously? The Portofino is miles ahead of the previous Californias in the looks department.

F2003-GA and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It is, but the front end looks like a Honda. It needs to be updated to more contemporary styling started with the J50