Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I'm so happy that I'm THRILLED by the look of this car!! She looks spectacular to me! I'm disappointed for those who don't feel the same. I've been let down by other Ferrari models along the way, so I get it. We all have different tastes and see beauty, differently. I'm just happy today's new gift from Ferrari was, apparently, targeted directly at my tastes and wishes!

2. s.nandra01

s.nandra01 Rookie

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Satbir Nandra
    SP90 Stradale looks like a blend between J50 and hints of Ferrari's Mythos concept. The styling in my opinion is pretty decent. I like the front and side profiles. Not so much a fan of the rear. Its no 458 by it looks distinctive. i only wish that Ferrari had paired an NA V8 with the hybrid system. Perhaps one of the derivatives Ferrari may launch.

Jolker likes this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    MarkNC, you could be 100% right. Since the SF90 is not here next to me with a handy dandy scale, all I can do is 'magazine' race, I got my number fromHaggerty that quoted 3,454 curb weight in Fiorano Trim, on Ferrari.com it says 3,461 in dry weight. I would side with Ferrari.com

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m pondering on these ideas. Need to think.

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I don't know what you did to the Macs, but mine has been bullet proof.

6. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
    Perfect comments— front and front 3/4 and side but usual strength of Ferrari —the 3/4— fails big time.

showme1946 likes this.
  7. Mj_1963217

Mj_1963217 Karting

Mar 4, 2013
    Sadly, I suspect that won't be the case. Our forum member Bill.S has measured his Weissach 918 at 3744 lbs (1698 kgs) curb weight with full tank gas, 3628 lbs (1646 kgs) with empty tank but other fluids included. The 918 comes with a carbon tub and front/rear carbon sub frames, a much lighter NA V8 compares to the twin-turbo one in the SF90, and one less front motor, the batteries in the 918 probably weigh little less than in the SF90 (6.8 kWh vs 7.9 kWh). Even assuming Ferrari's quoted dry weight 1570 kgs include batteries, the car will still weigh at least 1700 kgs on the road. Considering Laferrari's official 1255 dry weight figure, which is somewhere 300 kgs lighter than a customer car with fluids, we might really see a 1850kg SF90 in real life.

8. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
    Meant to say front 3/4 are fine but...

9. Timbo

Timbo Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    Portsmouth, NH
    Full Name:
    Timbo
    All the current exotic car cliches, nailed them all!

Line down the side that curves suddenly and stops in the middle of nowhere (458 started this) - check.
    Ripoff of Ford GT flying buttresses - check.
    Giant pile of unneccesary bodywork gobbling up the B-pillar (also started by 458) - check.
    Giving birth to another car - check.

Front is very nice, interior looks sweet, and I'm sure it will perform like a demon. But overall .. yuck.

dustman likes this.
  10. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    According to Road & Track, McLaren claims "The battery [in the Speedtail] is four times more power-dense as the one in the P1, at half the weight" so one must assume Ferrari's battery in 2019 will be more power dense, and lighter, than Porsche's was in 2013. I would assume other electrical components are more efficient now too. In addition the 918 had a less efficient gas engine than the Ferrari has (higher displacement, lower HP and torque).

So this car should be faster and lighter than the 918 but obviously we're all just guessing and we'll have to wait for actual reviews, and more likely customer deliveries, to know for sure. Either way I'm excited for this car. It will be hella fun to drive and there's some pretty cool technology underneath the skin.

Caeruleus11, Ash Patel and Mj_1963217 like this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You are either calling my joke (saying that I was expecting -.23s (MINUS 0.23'') for the 0-62 mph dash) or you are a hater. This car seems to be able to annihilate just about anything out there!!!

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If I wanted a silent killer I would have gotten a 720s already. I want some damn emotion from the car!

Oddly, the 720 is starting to look better today.

tekaefixe likes this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #413 Shadowfax, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Huh? Joke? Hater? I'm totally confused with that one.

And "seems to be able to annihilate just about anything out there"!!!??? Wasn't aware it'd been pitched up against anything at such an early stage. Links? You've piqued my interest now.

And dustman you may have a valid point!...as odd as it may sound. And, possibly now even the steal of the century given the low resale prices being achieved!!

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The LF was clocked at 2.4'' for the 0-60 mph dash; let's call it 2.5-2.6 for the 0-100 kph.
    You seem to question Ferrari all the time, but the Pista outshines your beloved GT2 RS (I know that you are awaiting a Pista too). Thus, you should give this car the benefit of the doubt. I am sure that it will annihilate many Ariel Atoms around a racing track...

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Other than the looks (which is a subjective thing), what makes you think that this car is unemotional?

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #416 Shadowfax, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    A Ferrari hater? LOL! News flash! Ferrari hater buys 488 and a Pista!!

Realzeus I'll excuse your nonsensical remarks and just put it down to you drinking too much if that's ok?

Not sure what point you are trying to make with the numbers?? Seems you destroyed your own argument there. Also confused with this "benefit of the doubt"? I've never said anything other than the SF90 will be a monster on the go so what benefit of the doubt are you referring to?? And questioning Ferrari?? In what way again? You must have me mixed up with someone else.

SoCal to az likes this.
  17. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Pininfarina has worked for years with Ferrari and Ferrari with Pininfarina. SF90 has a very strong personality and above all a very Ferrari. Especially in the face. Moreover one of the best successful snouts of the last ten years - much better successful, one of my opinions, than that seen on LaFerrari.

Battista looks like a Ferrari. It has the personality borrowed from a Ferrari. The fluid and tapered cabin that tightens and closes towards the tail is the solution born on p4/5 by James Glickenhaus and developed and solved completely on LaFerrari.

The SF90 brings together a series of proven solutions studied and introduced within Ferrari. The central/rear development of this new car and the solutions chosen in my opinion mark a very brave move. Definitely a rear, it is complex, but certainly very original and never seen before. Like it or not.

From a dynamic point of view, the car is very resolved. Statically I still have to understand it well.

Abandon Battista who makes the verse to LaFerrari! Focus on SF90 which has a lot to say.

18. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    Electric motors on the front wheels can work only until 220km/h and the full power of the 3 electric engine could be used for one lap maximum.
    Then at high speed you have only the ice and on the track the 1000cv are only for short period.
    Not so good to add 270 kg for a limited use when you need the electric (hi speed or track)

of2worlds and tekaefixe like this.
  19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I was told it had a clean and modern shape: yes, but no su much clean in the rear bonnet zone. But modern and very nice looking. In picture I prefer the standard without the Fiorano Package. As it's a standard production car I would say performances are fantastic. I think the active cornering in the front axle with two independent front engines could help a lot to achieve a brilliant lap times, better than expected. Weight: this is not an exreme car, it's a GT like the 812 and not a track focused car like Laferrari and P1: SF90 should be good as car for a weekend with your wife too. Batteries and 4WD have a weight, but if the car has a dry weight of 1570 kg, it's a very good result as it weights like an Aventador (that has less power, no hybrid and full carbon) or even less. I expect a real weight 80 kg more than a 918 (50 kg due to the two turbochargers and intercolers, 30 kg due to the aluminum body) that is not bad at all, considering that the Stradale is a "standard" car with a much lower cost (550 k Vs 850 k more or less) and (very likely) faster than a 918 as it has 100+ hp more than the 918.

ciao

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and BusDriver like this.
  20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    It's exactly the same that happens on a Porsche 918. The future is Hybrid, wheter we like it or not!

ciao

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Key point made here!

Is there info on how long the battery lasts for when the car is being driven hard and how long it then takes to regenerate whilst driving along?

Also, what is the bhp of the petrol engine alone - has this been confirmed?

22. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    how much ?!

23. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Internal combustion engine

Type V8 - 90° - turbo – dry sump

Total displacement 3990 cc

Maximum power output* 574 kW (780 cv) @ 7500 rpm

Max torque 800 Nm @ 6000 rpm

Specific power output 195 cv/l

Max. engine speed 8000 rpm

Compression ratio 9.5:1

Hybrid system

Maximum power electric motors 162 kW (220 cv)

Battery capacity 7.9 kWh

Max. range under electric power 25 km

Dimensions and weight

Length 4710 mm

Width 1972 mm

Height 1186 mm

Wheelbase 2650 mm

Front track 1679 mm

Rear track 1652 mm

Dry weight** 1570 kg

Weight distribution 45% front - 55% rear

Boot capacity 74 l

Rear shelf capacity 20 l

Fuel tank capacity 68 l (2 reserve)

Tyres

Front 255/35 ZR 20 J9.5

Rear 315/30 ZR 20 J11.5

Brakes

Front 398 x 223 x 38 mm

Rear 360 x 233 x 32 mm

Transmission and gearbox 8-speed, F1 dual-clutch transmission

Electronic controls eSSC: E4WD (eTC, eDiff3), SCME-Frs, FDE2.0, EPS, high performance ABS/EBD with energy recovery

Performance

Maximum speed 340 km/h

0-100 km/h 2.5 s

0-200 km/h 6.7 s

100-0 km/h <29.5 m

Dry weight/power 1.57 kg/cv

Laptime at Fiorano 79s

Fuel consumption and emissions

Under homologation

* With 98 octane petrol

** With optional extras

24. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    Company executive told is possible to do a full lap on every normal track, no mention about recharge batteries, but I don’t think after that will be possible to recharge 100% on use ( if you still use the electric motors) I think you have to switch off the electric and put on recharge mode, then you have only the ice engine

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.