Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Pls don' t get this wrong, but no one should have ex wives' issues... ;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  2. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    True, since most will be "Garage queens" tucked in super secret locations. :(

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’ve done both.
    The Perf is louder and deeper, objectively.
    AV63 has a little more shrill but only at the last 6-700 rpm.

Preference is of course subjective.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Yeah, we call you crazy. :)

5. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    True. Nevertheless I think it’s a little bit odd that they let him talk so openly about this.

6. jyupitt

jyupitt Karting

Jul 14, 2015
    Nyc/Nj
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Of course. Another with manual engine advance too. (I guess you people know what that is...)

8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

anunakki and chrixxx like this.
  9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I genuinely thought about that and if the engine will need to be removed, although I can’t imagine they’d go back to this arrangement. With these hybrid cars you should get rid of it before you even need a spark plug. Lol

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I will have to see the car to really make a final opinion but so far I don't like the lines on the outside but absolutely love the interior.

11. Mj_1963217

Mj_1963217 Karting

Mar 4, 2013
    I'm confused, they designed the rear glass engine cover and the body color painted upper engine cover as if they were two separate pieces, but in reality its one piece? Why, that compromised rear visibility greatly and makes the canopy look disconnected from the rear.

12. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agreed. Will be interesting to see the take rate on "normal" vs Fiorano version.
    T

F2003-GA likes this.
  13. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    F2003-GA likes this.
  14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Laferrari is lighter. It was weighed by actual owners as having a 1500kgs kerb weight so lighter than the sf90 dry weight.

A few thread about this on the supercar forum.

15. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #365 ylshih, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    No cause for action on your report.

Attacking another user. 2 day ban.

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    ah gotcha.

Cool

17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I noticed it was one piece as well. I think they built the car as close to the conceptual design as possible. I think there is little to no rear visibility and I’m presuming the fin is a rear camera.

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    woah wait, the original comment was for real?

<P&R>
    I thought it was some sort of inside joke. In all honesty, regarding the term "U-Boat commander" could mean anything. There were U-Boat commanders that were in WW1 and post nazi-WW2, or maybe he's modeling himself after the commander in "Das Boot."
    </P&R>

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #369 Shadowfax, May 29, 2019
    Without awd the power and weight would make it very hard to achieve a sub 3 second time. It has plenty of power but all that weight is clearly serving to be the Achilles heel which has restricted the 0 to 100 performance numbers. I think it will be quick as a drag car but unfortunately like all cars of this weight they never make ideal track cars. This car will hard on tires at 1700kg! And 1700 is Ferrari's weight claim....meaning it will likely be found heavier.

A true sports car needs to be light and powerful and, desirably good looking. This car is clearly very complex and bespoke but is it beautiful? Not really IMV. The Battista OTOH is beautiful though, yet also bespoke, so hopefully we will see the next version styled in a more resolved manner which allows it to win a beauty contest.

PS. Love to see what it does around the ring but something tells me that isn't going happen any time soon. That said I'm sure it has sledgehammer performance.

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    As I said above, hard to say without knowing the context.

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I was expecting -.23

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #372 Shadowfax, May 29, 2019
    It ain't gonna happen with all that weight. I'm surprised they got 2.5. Mind you there is more to any car than the 0 to 100. Once this thing gets going it will be a tour de force and it will only be the tight corners and tires/tire wear that will knock it around....hard.

SF90 looks to be more of a bespoke boulevard cruiser than a sports car bred for the mountain passes and racetracks of this world. Probably why it was pitched toward 812 Superfast owners first as it is more of a replacement for that model rather than a 488 from what I can see. As an 812 replacement it's a success excepting the porky weight and the loss of the V12 atmo.

23. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Can only hope Ferrari are holding performance back to give the New Halo car a bigger leap ahead

24. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    I think the front looks good. Imo Laferrari would look better with a more similar design on its nose. the flying buttresses though make the back side very bulky, almost like a Lamboghini type of thickness from certain views, which I don't like. Laferrari has a tighter cockpit/canopy which makes the car looks more aggressive. I kind of wished this car would be more different from 488/f8 with a newly design cockpit structure but on well. not a fan of the two tone in this car, definitely less appealing than Laferrari. And like many have mentioned, that little rear window seems unnecessary and disrupting the flow of the back as well. However, I don't have any problem with the new rear lights and I quite like the exhaust pipes sticking out like this.

25. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Or how tall the bodywork around it is?