For Sale - 1979 Porsche 930 Turbo 55K Original Miles | FerrariChat

For Sale 1979 Porsche 930 Turbo 55K Original Miles

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Miniwerks, May 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    1979 Porsche 911 Turbo Metallic Black/A2. 55k original miles. Early '79 with snorkel washers, build date 09/78. Sold new at Felton Porsche/Audi in Mill Valley, CA November 29, 1978. Two previous owners, business partners from Lodi, CA. Car has been in No California since new, now located in Sacramento. COA shows optional equipment as equipment for California, electric exterior mirror right, loose fit protection foil, sport seats L/R, black roof liner, electric sunroof and Pirelli tires. Chassis #9309800107, with matching numbers engine 6891049 and gearbox 7790219. This is a bone stock, unmolested car, I have the original US red taillight lenses. Comes with tool kit (brown bag which is correct for early 79s), also front license plate bracket and original blue plates front and back and jack. I have service records, original warranty/maintenance booklet and owners manual. I purchased the car in 2015 from the estate of the second owner. It had sat in storage for some time, judging by the condition of the leather, it may have been outdoors in summer heat but with continuous leather conditioning treatments, the seats have come back very nice. Dash pad has typical warping at base of windshield and leather lifting at center vent. Steering wheel had some loose stitching so I had that redone, original leather was maintained. Interior is 100% as well, nothing has been replaced or altered. Doors retain the original speakers. Radio works, antenna works, and clock still keeps accurate time. I must assume first owner had the Clifford type alarm installed, keypad requires a 5-digit code. Body retains some original paint on roof, door jams, engine bay, deck lid, bumpers. The bonnet, fenders and sides were resprayed. I was told by the original owner that his business partner had a "valet" incident. There is only one receipt for body work from 8/20/2013 for $1000, no breakdown of work performed. There is no evidence of damage to nose, rockers, chassis so must assume it was scrapes. Under my ownership I have invested $12k to address oil leaks, new struts, tires, recent corner balancing. The engine has not been rebuilt and pulls very strong, gearbox shifts beautifully. I had the engine out twice for leak repairs and mechanic inspected clutch which did not need replacement. I had him perform a leak down test with results cylinder 1 5%, cylinder 2 3%, cylinder 3 3%, cylinder 4 3%, cylinder 5 3%, cylinder 6 8%. There are still some small leaks that could be addressed. I had him replace the engine sound pad while it was out. This turbo has passed CA smog with exceptionally clean readings and retains the thermal reactors that are necessary to pass the visual portion. Original Fuchs are in very good shape, just two have some scuffing. Tires are Pirelli Trofeo Rs, very sticky and with recent corner balance, car handles extremely well. I would rate this a driver level car. I need to take better chassis photos but rust free, damage free, straight and solid. Other than the partial respray, this is as bone stock and original as it gets. If I kept it I would have front bumper resprayed, replace chin spoiler and bellows, fresh stone guards on rear fenders, replace dash pad and address remaining smaller oil leaks. I am not in a hurry to sell. My plan is to replace with a late 60s/early 70s 911T. $89,500 firm. Mike (mobile) 916-337-7912
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer and Mang like this.
  2. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Beautiful!

When Porsches were still Porsches.

GLWS

willrace likes this.
  3. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    Agreed. Will get back into another, just a little older.

4. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    Just took these chassis photos yesterday while having an alignment done.

Attached Files:

5. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    More chassis, you can also see gearbox number and I have added engine number.

Attached Files:

6. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
  7. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    Also entertaining partial trade for 69-73 911T and possibly 911SC if low mileage, bone stock.