Ferrari 360 Major Service video: How to change the Engine and Transmission Gearbox Oil | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Major Service video: How to change the Engine and Transmission Gearbox Oil

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by spiderscott, May 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    I'm mid way through doing the Full Major Service on my 360 including Timing Belts - Cam Belts

Thought I would share the entire Step By Step process of performing the major on Video.

Here is Part 2: Changing the Engine & Transmission Oil

2. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    Haven't finished Part 1 'Cam Belt Change', just waiting on a tool to arrive tomorrow.

Part 3 will be all the other items in a Major (or Annual Service) Filters, Fluids Coolant, F1 & Power Steering, Spark Plugs, checks etc etc

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Very nice work Scott! I look forward to seeing the rest of your vids! I have always wanted to make the videos you are making but I just loathe editing video!

spiderscott likes this.
  4. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Nice work. How much extra fluid did you get from the gearbox after using the compressed air? I'm in the process of doing mine and so far without blowing in compressed air, I am at about 2.5 litres.

5. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    With the air and leaving overnight I reckon it was around another 1/2 litre out

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  6. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    Just finished filming the Timing Belt Service on my 360
    I've done the video step by step as DIY as possible without the need for very expensive tools. Hope its good and easy to follow.

7. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
  8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Fantastic bit of work there! Thanks so much. Where do you prefer questions to be posted? I have a couple.

9. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    Thanks Kevin, I don’t mind really where questions are posted, I guess for max effect on the video comments would benefit the more people. I generally post it in both the technical section and 360/430 forum to help owners find it.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  10. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thank you so much, Scott, for what you do for this forum.

Makes a novice like me actually consider getting his hands dirty! (Although I don't see a DIY belt service in my near future, unfortunately....)

Did you ever, or do you think you will ever get around to the Part 3 of the major service that you described? Or did I miss it??

Thank you again!
    Kevin

11. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    Hi Kevin

100% I will get around to it, I've had another transmission issue with the 360 and not had time to diagnose and rectify it just yet. To film part 3 ideally I need the car working and thats the plan, fix the problem then I will jump straight in and film the final segment.

cheers
    Scott

kes7u likes this.
  12. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Fantastic! Great to hear. More importantly, I hope you get your transmission issues sorted imminently.

Kevin