For Sale - Swift Formula Atlantic 008/014 with SG3 conversion | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale Swift Formula Atlantic 008/014 with SG3 conversion

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by KWMack, Aug 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KWMack

KWMack Rookie

Oct 2, 2012
    Lewiston, NY
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I also have a Van Diemen F2000. FA is not that big of a jump if you are already accustomed to trusting in the downforce being generated by the wings. Thanks to the tunnels, the cornering speeds are much higher, but overall I think the FA is easier to drive fast compared to the F2000.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

rdefabri likes this.
  2. cladd2000

cladd2000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 18, 2005
    Those rebuild dollar numbers scared me. Bet I’m not alone. What about if you are not a pro driver and shift at 8500 max, and usually less, and just want to have fun without risking your life. With the engine basically last as long as you need it then?

3. KWMack

KWMack Rookie

Oct 2, 2012
    Lewiston, NY
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I mean, as a general principle the less you stress the engine the longer it should last between rebuilds. But, I will not say with certainty that will be the case. Race engines are not built for longevity. It is not their purpose. That said, they do make a conversion for these cars that swaps the engine and ECU for a stock Honda Civic set up. Similar power output with significantly less stress on the engine so longer timeframe between rebuilds. The person to contact is Mirl Swan at Swan Motorsports. You could sell the engine, wiring harness and ECU currently in this car and just about cover the cost of the conversion. If all you are looking to do is go out and have fun though, I would not convert the car. It would take years to turn 1,000 race miles if you did a couple of track days per season.

The engine rebuild cost I listed earlier is comparable to other race cars. A GT3 cup rebuild through PMNA is significantly more, but lasts about twice as long. So it evens out. The rebuild cost for the FA is also much less than the 360 Challenge. The old saying holds true: “Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go.”

BOKE likes this.
  4. KWMack

KWMack Rookie

Oct 2, 2012
    Lewiston, NY
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Final Price Drop. $45,000 takes the car and spares. This price is firm.

If you are interested, PM me with any questions you may have about rebuild costs, maintenance, etc. Happy to discuss further.

- Kyle

5. KWMack

KWMack Rookie

Oct 2, 2012
    Lewiston, NY
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Winter is now approaching and I really would like to get this car out of the shop. New price: $42,500

-Kyle