Sold - 1968 Fiat 850 Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 1968 Fiat 850 Spider

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Mang, Jul 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The L series 246 Dino GT has the same truck latch/ key.

But so do lots of Fiats of that time like the 126 and 128.

Still -- interesting conversation at Cars and Coffee! :)

2. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Trade for an italjet? ;)

3. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    With nice weather arriving, thought I would bump this thread. Inexpensive stylish sports car fun available here.

Reminder I've got a front clip and sloped headlights for a mod to earlier look and I recently acquired a set of 5 Borrani wire wheels and had them refinished - so if someone wants to embark on a more serious pursuit and upgrades, I've got the goods :)

The '68's have the advantage of euro side marker lights up front and clean in the rear - and less clutter from US regulations...including the low back buckets seats. Cleaner look.

And last important comment - there is zero rust =rare!

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    North Lake Tahoe

6. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    I had one of these as my second car. What a blast it was. And I can certify you can have great sex in it if you are under 20. Sadly, salt took mine out. If I had another garage space, I'd buy this for the nostalgia aspect alone.

Mang likes this.
  7. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    #32 Mang, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Bumping this Fiat for sale thread. I will add this entire front clip from a coveted ‘67 or earlier cars, and a set of sealed headlights. These go for pretty good scratch with the Miura using them as well. This ‘71 just went for $12,500.on BAT. Yes nicely restored.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-fiat-850-7/

My idea...my car needs paint to really go top notch. A body man could convert at that time the sloped headlight transplant. The car was once restored then banged around inside a garage for decades when I discovered it. It is extremely zero rust and tight. These are tiny cars that are very spacious inside too. I’m 6’1”with loads of room to spare. GREAT opportunity for a fun and should be $ rewarding project? Perhaps a father/son hands on.

Want $7k for car and discussed bits with original steel wheels and hubcaps. This is a screaming good deal. I’m selling because I have too many cars and parts. Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Bump and another PRICE DROP- $6k for car, front clip, sealed headlights, sourced interior parts. I spent to make this car safe and enjoyable.

Attached Files:

9. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    What’s wrong with you people..? Over where I live (on the other side of the pond), this is a proper bargain at 6K!!!

To the OP: GLWS!

Mang likes this.
  10. phil99

phil99 Rookie

Feb 26, 2015
    Wellington, NZ
    Full Name:
    Phil S.
    Is this an 817, 843 or 903? I'm not sure when they changed over. The easy way to tell the (843/817) from the 903 is whether the water pump is held onto the block with 3 or 4 bolts. Not sure how to tell an 817 from an 843. I used to have a covered headlight car- and still miss it. So I am getting tempted but I am a long way away...

Thanks,
    Phil

11. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I’m not sure and I have her stored in an airplane hangar in Carson City right now...a decent distance from home :/ so can’t quick check, sorry. Ya, wish you were closer, it’s a good setup. I have 2 other 850 spiders, I like them. Just wanting to thin the herd by one more car.

12. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Bump for a cool fun INEXPENSIVE car with summer weather ahead.

13. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Dropped price to $6k includes spare ‘front clip’ and a set of sealed MIURA headlights. Original steel wheels and hubcaps. Thanks for any consideration...early teenage Giugiaro design!

14. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Oops. $5,500. Is new ask.

15. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-fiat-850-4/
    This is presently on BAT. It’s a ‘’71...it’s bid to $7,100. and most likely going higher. Like most vintage Italian cars, the early ones are just a bit more stylish and more rare and more valuable. No US required big ass side marker lights, bumper mayhem and add ons, has low bucket seats, just a cleaner look in 1968 vs. 1971. Mine is simply put, a way better, nicer and more valuable car, offered at $5,500. It’s also like new in the rust dept. as it was restored then stored for decades - then recommissioned by Andy Schenk. I’ll give it through the weekend- then pulling this ad. Hope it finds a home. I may offer ALL my fiats at once in a package as my other two are show condition examples.

16. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login The clean rear of my ‘68 for comparison. That back-up light is the same Carello light seen on many high dollar vintage Italian exotics. Gone after ‘68 model year. The seats and steering wheel are original- super rare to see original fiat seats this old not tattered to bits.

17. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Offering my ‘71 now. It’s a show level sweet 850 Spider. I have a ton of spare parts and goodies too. Perhaps discuss doing a big Fiat haul with me. This ‘68 at this price good only 3 more days.

18. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I’ll keep this ad up as I am offering all 3 Fiats and all additional parts for $36k. Please reference the ‘67 listing for more details if interested, thanks.

19. Merto

Merto Rookie

Aug 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Milt Simon
    Is it still available?
    Merto

20. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO