For Sale - 1990 Testarossa | FerrariChat

For Sale 1990 Testarossa

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by racingdude, May 23, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racingdude

racingdude Rookie

Jan 22, 2015
    1990 Testarossa, Rosso Corsa over beige, 20,863 miles. Just completed major "engine out" ($22,000) service at Ferrari Maserati of Atlanta. Exterior in excellent condition. Priced to sell at $99,990. Inquires to [email protected]; 201-400-3486.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What the ad doesn’t mention is that the carfax in the car shows issues with the odometer and by all
    Accounts since it was replaced the car has 30k miles not 20.
    Please explain discrepancies. The car had roughly 7/8k miles when it was replaced and then carfax reads consistently from 5 miles upwards so the car should have 20k+7/8 k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
  4. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    A good catch - how many of them do you think reflect actual mileage??

Many of them have been fooled with, the stories that I have heard from back in the days it seemed like it is more common then not.

You have to look at these cars in regards to shape that the interior is in, and the service history. The odometer on this era Ferrari more times then not has been rolled back.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t think it’s a good look for a Ferrari dealer to have this car without a good explanation on their websites.

It is true that lots could have had this. I would look to have consistent service history and reputable dealer. To ascertain mileage.

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Is this F/S by owner, or dealer? If dealer, it should be moved anyway.

7. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    TRs are known for speedo issues and those of us who owned them also know how easy it is to disconnect and drive without the speedo.

The one in my old TR went out for repair twice and died after on third attempt.

Lucky for me that I found a speedometer on ebay at the time very close in miles to mine and swapped it. However, I did disclose the issue and turned in the original to the buyer for his records.

This car looks clean, if it had 20K or 30K, I don't think the value is not going to change much. I would not hesitate to buy it just because of speedo issue.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

It is consigned there.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Maybe but the seller should disclose it.

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    are you the owner Peter, just consigned through Atlanta?

11. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    201 area code ?

car is in atlanta ?

12. racingdude

racingdude Rookie

Jan 22, 2015
    The car was purchased by me in 2000 with 4,000 miles. I drove it since then and it has documented 20,000 miles. The speedo/odometer was replaced, the speedo was not working, (Odometer started 000) and then I had an odometer repair firm add on the miles since new. The current odometer has the correct, again documented by service records mileage.

13. racingdude

racingdude Rookie

Jan 22, 2015
    Yes I am the owner, consigned at FERRARI of Atlanta after they did the major service. Again the mileage is absolutely correct!!

one4torque and rob lay like this.
  14. racingdude

racingdude Rookie

Jan 22, 2015
    Cell phone 201 NJ. I am living in SC now.

15. racingdude

racingdude Rookie

Jan 22, 2015
    It is consigned by F of Atlanta but the consignment period is over so I am able to sell on my own. F of Atlanta felt very comfortable about the documented mileage and the excellent condition of the car.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The issue I see is that the odometer is reset to 3 miles correct, then is gradually reported back up on carfax yet all of the reports after 3 miles are still UNDER the mileage it had before reaching 8k and it’s replacement... unless evidenced otherwise carfax suggest that 20k miles is the. Mileage the car is on it’s new odometer with an additional 8k before the change.

DMB80 likes this.
  17. racingdude

racingdude Rookie

Jan 22, 2015
    Sorry not sure how you are reading it, but you are wrong. The mileage is correct and documented with service records at 20,800. End of story!

18. Natkingcolebasket69

I am not sure how it can be sir:
    1/6/04- car has 8,411 miles
    1/19/04-odo replace car has 3 miles
    5/6/04-car has 127 miles, so already there the car should show 8,411+127=8,538
    6/4/05-1,731 miles
    6/25/14-car issued with a non actual mileage title: 9,856 miles. Mileage grew gradually since then
    11/16/15- mileage calibrated to 19,xxxx which is where we assume the mileage was corrected.

This what I believe u should provide documentation for as unfortunately the carfax makes it very confusing. Not your fault the speedo broke that’s for sure. I would just make sure u can document it for prospective buyer.

19. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    The seller already said he has it documented.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s great, I would think though that such a detail should be presented first with such a car as well as the title which has been impacted because of it.

21. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Agreed.

22. racingdude

racingdude Rookie

Jan 22, 2015
    Sold!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  23. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Congrats.

24. HSSyed

HSSyed Rookie

Jul 18, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Hasan Syed
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Hi Peter. It’s been a long time, but I was the person you purchased the car from & 2nd owner of that TR, serial # 84322

I purchased it from the original owner, another Ferrari enthusiast, named John Ashe when it had 2,000 miles on it & I believe I sold it to you with 3,200 (again, it’s been a while so memory is fuzzy).

Glad to see you on here.

Best wishes,
    Hasan