considering 430 scuderia | FerrariChat

considering 430 scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by jlaws02, May 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlaws02

jlaws02 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2017
    south carolina
    greetings experts- i am somewhat considering a 2008 430 scuderia with 18xx miles. this is the car: https://www.foreigncarscharlotte.com/used-Charlotte-2008-Ferrari-430-Scuderia-ZFFKW64A880164428
    i don't think much service history is available; the dealer provided me with a receipt from annual service in 2017 but that's it. i have seen the car in person briefly once (in february) and since then it's been sold and then traded in to the same dealership. the car looked good, though there is some hazing at the right headlight. i am wondering if any of you guys know the car or have any thoughts on it. i have a 612 (for sale in another thread) but was thinking that the 2 might be a nice complementary pair. thank you all in advance for thoughts/consideration.

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Hazing on the headlight covers is common. You could always ask the dealer to replace it and see what they say. Are they selling the car with a 2 year New Power Warranty? What is clutch life at?

I recently got to drive a 430 Scuderia for the first time and I absolutely loved it. It sounds incredible, feels light and is an absolute blast to drive. I think it is an underappreciated car.

ShineKen likes this.
  3. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Seems like a reasonable price given the miles my neighbor has the exact same car, with roughly 9K miles I believe he paid $205K or something either way, the car is just awesome (I have an '07 F430 Spider, and there is just no comparison on the drive feeling). the Scud is a beast Just be sure, of course, to have a thorough PPI

4. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I saw the car briefly and wasn’t very impressed, but I like things very pristine. I think you can find a nicer, lower mileage car for a bit more money.

jlaws02 and TheDiffuser like this.
  5. jlaws02

jlaws02 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2017
    south carolina
    thank you guys for your thoughts. i think skipp may well be right- there likely is a nicer one with lower mileage available for not so much more money. that may be the better route. i've not driven a scud yet but appreciate also the input of those who have. everyone who drives one seems to come away thinking that it's awesome.

Skippr1999 likes this.
  6. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    When I saw 18xx miles, I thought it was a fantastic deal. It's actually 18,xxx miles though, which makes more sense.

Seems like a nice car based on the pics and the price is about what I'd expect for the mileage and color combo. While it's relatively higher mileage for these cars, it certainly isn't high mileage in absolute terms. So, I wouldn't be concerned with that. It just makes the entry price less.

jlaws02 likes this.
  7. jlaws02

jlaws02 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2017
    south carolina
    thanks dave- i sure am on "x" short on the mileage and that order-of-magnitude-difference matters. looks like you have loved your scud for a good many years but are now thinking of a speciale. i enjoy that thread as well, a good variety of opinions represented.

MaranelloDave likes this.
  8. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Jumping from a 612 to a Scud will get your hair fading grey cause of fear :D you can't go wrong with the scud, had 2, best Ferrari ever made imho

jlaws02 likes this.
  9. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    If you are not going to track the scud definitely test drive a 458 since you are in a similar price range. Also test a standard F430. It might be enough to satisfy your need for speed.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Manda racing, efg2014 and jlaws02 like this.
  10. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    i was in the market a while ago, dont quote me but i believe cars at 15-20k miles the trade is at 140ish, so 155 and under would be a fair ground to close on a non-red car. The scud is definitely a beast, but they are rather mileage sensitive from what i have seen (low mileage cars go over 200k). Something to consider if you are looking for a driver's car to put miles on...

f355spider and jlaws02 like this.
  11. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I bought my 2006 F430 from a guy in North Carolina; who bought his car from this outfit. I have a favorable impression of this Ferrari dealership.

12. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    Back for sale - who ended up buying it? Updates on its condition?

13. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I saw it last time around and thought it looked rough to my eyes.

14. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    What does that mean? Paint was chipped? Oil was leaking? Did you ppi it?

15. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    No real knowledge. Simply didn’t look well kept at the time. Not disparaging the car. Just saying it looked dirty particularly on the inside. Didn’t look like a spit shined garage queen like my cars.

16. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    In fairness it's also the lowest-priced scud that doesnt have a salvage title on the market right now (the one thats up on autotrader at 129,999 does according to vinwiki) so the rock chips and seat wear visble in the photos would be expected.

Provided the mechanicals are in order it'd be a fantastic driver.

17. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    Yeah I mean kinda looks like most of the ones I’ve seen on the market today except someone hasn’t dipped the exterior in speed shine

18. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I agree. I’m sure all that equates to the mileage. So many of these cars have been left to low mileage museum pieces. So when you see one that isn’t perfect you tend to be critical.

o31982 and armedferret like this.
  19. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    Anyone ever actually PPI this or take a close look?

Seats need steam cleaning, I see a few paint chips, it needs new headlights. Anything else?

20. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

The car looks reasonably clean to me (but then again as you all know "clean" is subjective and my frame of references is not exactly ideal LOL!). Price seems good. I bet a good color correction and fresh headlights would make that car pop.

armedferret likes this.