Manhattan restaurant recommendation | FerrariChat

Manhattan restaurant recommendation

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by RedlineG60, Apr 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I realize this may be kind of a silly request but does anyone have any recommendations for a nice, somewhat romantic spot for dinner on a Friday night? Not looking for something so fancy I needed a reservation months ago or will cost an arm and a leg. Maybe something in the $40 and under per plate range. My wife and I will be flying up Friday for one night and staying close to Tudor City/United Nations. But it doesn’t have to be right by there obviously.

I’ve been to NYC many, many times so I’m very familiar with getting around and stuff but I’ve never had to purposefully come up with a nicer place to eat as usually my wife and I just pop up for the day, grab lunch and walk around, and fly back home that night.

Thanks for any thoughts and input!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    One our favorite little places is Le Charlot on 69th at Madison. It is a French Bistro. They are on RESY.

Joe

3. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Carravagio.

4. geochin

geochin Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    George
  5. huntermusic

huntermusic Rookie

Nov 11, 2008
    I recommend three places:

Le Coucou, Tribeca, very romantic, upscale. delicious. ask for the front room. Reservations are hard to come by. But going late is actually the right time to do.

Dirty French, fun, romantic in a high energy vibe with a great bar lounge in the back for fun before or after dinner.

Charlie Bird, if you love food. It is not romantic but a great evening.

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If you are going to be in Tribeca and looking for something that is reasonable..... Go to Gigino

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

7. sct4a

sct4a F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2008
    Perry Street is a good spot on the west side. If you want something closer to where your staying there's a little italian hole in the wall Italianissimo that's very nice. I'd do drinks at the Aviary after which is super unique with great views.

8. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Thumbs up for Giginos, I'm there with my guys 2-3 times a month.

flash32 likes this.
  9. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    tI live in Manhattan, this would be, IMHO the best restaurant on the Island...perhaps in the world.

Chef Daniel Humm, Michelin starred https://www.thenomadhotel.com, Now reservations can be difficult at times, but if you come by earlier, and check in, they will send you for cocktails for an hour, in the Barroom, and eventually seat you.

on the UES, Il Mulino for Italianhttps://www.ilmulino.com/uptown, and downtown http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/emilios-ballato/ for Italian, hope this helps.

10. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    If you’re looking for an intimate little bistro, try RAOUL’S in Greenwich Village (180 Prince St). It’s been there for decades and is the quintessential romantic hole-in-the-wall. Women generally love this joint. Reservations essential.

11. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    If you like steak, Sparks it’s a short walk from UN.